TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Well I went to the range this morning. Leaving my block I see the Fedex truck go zipping by. I have a fleeting thought to go and check if my driver is on that truck. I don't and now I'm kicking myself. Got home and there is that beautiful box. Haven't opened it yet but it is pretty much exactly like TC's except mine looks normal. I'm hoping to play tomorrow so I will be devirginize on the 1st tee.

Congrats CL, can't wait to see your pics.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Pics CL Pics lol

Well I have to say I have a mixed first impression. I took the club out of the box and I liked it. The white crown with the black face is a nice contrast and I can't wait to see if it does help me in alignment as I have issues with that. Love the HC. Very nice. I turn the club over and yikes! Looks like a smudge on the bottom of my new club. So I grab a cloth and wipe it off except that it doesn't come off. So that is not that big a deal as it's going to get scratches on it anyway. But if you look deeper it looks like there is a small crack in the driver. I can't feel it but there definitely looks like a crack. I tried taking pictures but I can't get a good one of the crack. The smudge shows on pictures but the crack doesn't. So I have to say that I've had better first impressions. I do like the feeling of the shaft. It's like a matte type finish that feels pretty cool.

Well I have to say I have a mixed first impression. I took the club out of the box and I liked it. The white crown with the black face is a nice contrast and I can't wait to see if it does help me in alignment as I have issues with that. Love the HC. Very nice. I turn the club over and yikes! Looks like a smudge on the bottom of my new club. So I grab a cloth and wipe it off except that it doesn't come off. So that is not that big a deal as it's going to get scratches on it anyway. But if you look deeper it looks like there is a small crack in the driver. I can't feel it but there definitely looks like a crack. I tried taking pictures but I can't get a good one of the crack. The smudge shows on pictures but the crack doesn't. So I have to say that I've had better first impressions. I do like the feeling of the shaft. It's like a matte type finish that feels pretty cool.

If their is a crack they will replace it no questions asked, i would call them and tell them first thing monday. That sucks i know how you feel, my first one something in the head broke but they replaced it no question asked.

Yeah thats always a buzz kill, especially when you have yourself so hyped up about getting a new stick but Im sure they will hook you up.

Sure seems like more breakage in that area that we probably would have liked. Sometimes mechanical issues are tough to avoid when you are integrating so much new hardware into a device that is used to "club" something. Lets face it, the closest thing in sports to a golf club is a hockey stick or maybe a baseball bat and you don't see any screws and bolts and plates hangin' off of those things.

sorry to hear chunky. call and ask for a replacement. I know it's more waiting time but it will be worth it.

IMG_5066.jpg

You know what this picture means! The Fedex guy stopped by the house today with my new R11. I am going to give you the pictures now and the write up later. I have to go to a cook out.

IMG_5067.jpg

Good old TM.

IMG_5071.jpg

Nice touch to the box. I like it.

IMG_5074.jpg

I chose the Fubuki Alpha 60, stiff.

IMG_5076.jpg

Another view of the shaft and headcover.

IMG_5075.jpg

From the hitters position.

IMG_5080.jpg

The bottom and headcover shot.

IMG_5082.jpg

The whole package!

IMG_5084.jpg

Outside on the grass. Beautiful!

IMG_5086.jpg

A little black and white action! Work it R11!

IMG_5088.jpg

Last shot from the hitting position.

I will update later with initial thoughts and feelings. I do tell you this thus far, it is beautiful. My wife the non-golfer even said so.

Dagger! Just got home from golfing to find an R11'less front porch! My fairway wood was supposed to be delivered today, but didn't make it I guess. Actually, the tracking info hasn't updated since Thursday. Still says "Acceptance, March 10, 2011, 3:58 pm, WINDERMERE, FL". Hopefully it gets here Monday.

Dagger! Just got home from golfing to find an R11'less front porch! My fairway wood was supposed to be delivered today, but didn't make it I guess. Actually, the tracking info hasn't updated since Thursday. Still says "Acceptance, March 10, 2011, 3:58 pm, WINDERMERE, FL". Hopefully it gets here Monday.

Hmmm. Windermere huh? That is THP territory. Did not know we had a hub here.

Hmmm. Windermere huh? That is THP territory. Did not know we had a hub here.

Yea, it was coming from THP:act-up:

I received my R11 Fairway 7 - Wood today and will start my review tomorrow. Here are a few pics of my new club. Kellybo surprised me at the golf course and I took some quick pics!

R117wood.jpg

R117wood5.jpg

DSCF7963.jpg

DSCF7962.jpg

I received my R11 Fairway 7 - Wood today and will start my review tomorrow. Here are a few pics of my new club. Kellybo surprised me at the golf course and I took some quick pics!

R117wood.jpg

R117wood5.jpg

DSCF7963.jpg

DSCF7962.jpg

Nice gray! Wow that was fast!!! Looks like you're going to be one of the first to review.

oh the finish!! I can't wait to get my hands on these!! I go to the demo day and there is like 50 people there. One of the employees comes up to me when I walk in, I talk to him all the time when I'm at golf galaxy. He says to me "you may want to come back tomorrow. You will be waiting like 3 hrs.." so looks like I get to wait another day to see if these will be my new driver, fairway and rescue. :disapointed:

Thanks for the pics gray, your gonna have a weeks headstart on me buddy. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on it, should be a pinseeker with 22* of loft on that baby.

Nice, i know its not the 3 you were hoping for but hopefully it still works out well for you

Thanks for the pics gray, your gonna have a weeks headstart on me buddy. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on it, should be a pinseeker with 22* of loft on that baby.

Thanks HoleOut. I can take a pic of the top but it looks exactly like the previous pics of the R11 driver head. I am ready to get this on the course and give her a work out! More to come tomorrow :thumb:

It looks nice Gray! Good luck with it tomorrow.

USPS is often faster than UPS, especially when sending priority mail, but they have the worst tracking system.

he was hoping it would be a 3 wood, thats all i meant.

Oh Okay, gotcha. Not all the clubs were the same of course, so some will receive one loft and others a different one.

USPS is often faster than UPS, especially when sending priority mail, but they have the worst tracking system.

I normally have good luck with USPS and agree with the tracking system woes. I am sure it will get here Monday. Wasn't complaining or anything, I am 100% appreciative of everything you and JB do. I am really looking forward to reviewing. Thanks for the info, though.

Oh Okay, gotcha. Not all the clubs were the same of course, so some will receive one loft and others a different one.

Thats what i figured, i think it was he just wanted to compare to his 3 wood, i was hoping mine was the 3 hybrid but it wont be cause somebody already got it for the testing lol, Its always nice to compare to what you already have. Quick Question will the shaft flex be what you put in the info when we signed up for the testing?

Back