Srixon Z-Star Fairway Woods

That poor Octane is history! Great initial thoughts. Unfortunately, I will not ever experience what you're talking about.

Ummmm. Hello Long Lost Friend!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT ENJOY THE R9 FW WOOD, READ ON!

Do you remember when you first started hitting the R9 FW Wood and were instantly in love with that impact sound and ball flight? Do you remember how it worked pretty well off the short grass? If you were like me it actually worked a little better than off the tee. Nothing bad off the tee mind you as it was still one of the best FW Woods I ever played. You had great sound, great feel, good ball flight, and everything else one could ask for.

Well what would happen if you had all of that and then added one of the smoothest and best feeling shafts ever made?

You would have the Srixon Z-Star FW Wood.

Now this is only the preliminary test and it was only on the range, but for those that love that R9 FW Wood, I really hope you get a chance to try this one out.

WOW! That says allot to me, the R9 FW is prob the best i have ever hit.

That poor Octane is history! Great initial thoughts. Unfortunately, I will not ever experience what you're talking about.

Not yet. The Octane is a very good FW Wood.

Not yet. The Octane is a very good FW Wood.

I know dude, and I know you as well. It will be a thorough workout and thorough testing before anything gets a spot in the Srixon staff bag!

Did you tinker with settings at all, or just standard?

I feel your pain. I don't even know why I check into the Srixon club threads.

Thanks JB for the really good review on this .... like some of the guys over there in the US, here in the UK, its difficult to find anyone stocking the Srixon clubs... balls yes ! Looks like I will have to travel to the Fitting Centre about 90 miles from me to try the range. ( Which isn't a bad thing , as they will have all the shaft options etc)... I love the look and info on the driver, which is my main interest!

I know dude, and I know you as well. It will be a thorough workout and thorough testing before anything gets a spot in the Srixon staff bag!

Did you tinker with settings at all, or just standard?

I played it both open and closed and settled on right on neutral. But the shaft in this thing is perfect for me. So smooth.

I'm seriously interested in this club. I can't wait to hear more and hit it for myself.

really clean and simple look. could be a winner if people give it a chance.

Took the 3 and 5 wood out today and I got more of the same as before. These are awesome FW woods. They have a really cool impact sound that is unique in my opinion and is quite a confidence builder. I liked the 5 wood so much that I am contemplating rebuilding the bottom of my bag to accommodate it. Further testing is definitely needed though.

Its good to see a review on this club. Im looking for replace my Mizuno F-50 and the Z-Star FW was one of the clubs I was considering.

Well there is a demo and fitting day on Sat for Cleveland and Srixon, so I am going to give the Z-Star 3 wood and the Cleveland 3 wood a spin along with the mashie. If the numbers are right for me then I will be coming home with two new clubs.

I got to hit the fw woods and hybrids at the demo day last weekend and must say I also love the 5 wood. Didn't have a 3 wood available, but the 5 wood is almost as amazing as the driver. I need a new 5 wood at some point, and this may be a strong contender. Very smooth feel, nice size and shape, good trajectory for me. I'd need more time comparing to make a decision, but it is certainly on my short list.

This is a great looking club. I was recently fit by Cleveland's Tech van into a SL290 built to 45 inches and D5 and a 5 wood which is 19*. I am sold on the Miyazaki shafts but would much rather have the specs of the Srixon 5 wood both the loft and length. My driver SS is 98-100 and I was fit to the C. Kua 43 in stiff for both the Driver and Fwy. Would this translate to the Stiff on the Dromos? I will have no way to test this club as Srixon are all special order. Any help here would be great. By the way the Cleveland folks did a great job building my driver and fairway.

This is a great looking club. I was recently fit by Cleveland's Tech van into a SL290 built to 45 inches and D5 and a 5 wood which is 19*. I am sold on the Miyazaki shafts but would much rather have the specs of the Srixon 5 wood both the loft and length. My driver SS is 98-100 and I was fit to the C. Kua 43 in stiff for both the Driver and Fwy. Would this translate to the Stiff on the Dromos? I will have no way to test this club as Srixon are all special order. Any help here would be great. By the way the Cleveland folks did a great job building my driver and fairway.

Not sure here but would not a "big box" store like GolfSmith, GolfGalaxy, have one they could tape up for you to hit an order from them? Seems like they would have them in stock. I am 99% sure the PGA SuperStores have them in stock.

It would be similar. The beauty behind this is the INTL flex code. Whatever the flex code you were fit for on the C. Kua shaft, can match up to the Dromos shaft (in most cases).

Ummmm. Hello Long Lost Friend!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT ENJOY THE R9 FW WOOD, READ ON!

Do you remember when you first started hitting the R9 FW Wood and were instantly in love with that impact sound and ball flight? Do you remember how it worked pretty well off the short grass? If you were like me it actually worked a little better than off the tee. Nothing bad off the tee mind you as it was still one of the best FW Woods I ever played. You had great sound, great feel, good ball flight, and everything else one could ask for.

Well what would happen if you had all of that and then added one of the smoothest and best feeling shafts ever made?

You would have the Srixon Z-Star FW Wood.

Now this is only the preliminary test and it was only on the range, but for those that love that R9 FW Wood, I really hope you get a chance to try this one out.

ohhhhhhh....I am gonna have to swing this! I love my R9. Damn it JB

on another note. you spelled Srison wrong in the thread title. Just an FYI

Not sure here but would not a "big box" store like GolfSmith, GolfGalaxy, have one they could tape up for you to hit an order from them? Seems like they would have them in stock. I am 99% sure the PGA SuperStores have them in stock.

I have been to both GolfSmith and GolfGalaxy, and GG doesn't carry Srixon and GS will only order them for you they don't carry them even for a demo.

Think again. I've tried every single store in the Jacksonville area and a few around Orlando - nobody is stocking any Srixon woods this year. Edwin Watts, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, independent stores, pro shops, PGA Tour Stop at the World Golf Village... heck, the Cleveland fitting van for the big demo day I was at last week only had two Z-Star drivers (a 9* and a 10.5*, 61g stiff) and two fairway woods (one 3 wood, one 5 wood, 61g stiff). They had dozens and dozens and dozens of every other Cleveland product in every head and shaft combination imaginable.

If you can find any Srixon wood in stock in a store you are a luckier man than 99% of the rest of us, it seems. Shame these great woods won't get their fair shot at the market.

Ok Guys, I was able to hit the Cleveland 19* with C. Kua 43 stiff along with the Srixon Z Star 18* Dromos stiff today thanks to Golf Town opening up a slew of stores in the Boston area. First off I spoke with Miyazaki and I explained my status with the Cleveland club and they took the time to explain exactly what the differences were in the shafts and how to best utilize the international flex codes in looking from one shaft to another. They also knew all about the Srixon offering and had alot of praise for the club. Based on my stats they suggested to focus on the stiff, the Dromos 61 S.

Both clubs are very nice and the shafts are outstanding. The Srixon just edged out the Cleveland for me. On flushed hits I was getting 230 carry with the Srixon and 225 with the Cleveland. The main tie breaker was the sound, feel and weight of the Srixon. The best way to describe the Dromos was it felt effortless through the ball. Very smooth and perfect for my swing. I was much more accurate with the Srixon and was hitting nice tight draws where with the Cleveland I had a few too many misses right. This might have to do with the 43 inch vs. 42.5 length.

Looks: the srixon is just a beautiful, classic looking club.

It cost me an extra $50 but well worth it from my perspective. I bought it on the spot and would encourage any Miyazaki fanatics to check this club out.

Ok Guys, I was able to hit the Cleveland 19* with C. Kua 43 stiff along with the Srixon Z Star 18* Dromos stiff today thanks to Golf Town opening up a slew of stores in the Boston area. First off I spoke with Miyazaki and I explained my status with the Cleveland club and they took the time to explain exactly what the differences were in the shafts and how to best utilize the international flex codes in looking from one shaft to another. They also knew all about the Srixon offering and had alot of praise for the club. Based on my stats they suggested to focus on the stiff, the Dromos 61 S.

Both clubs are very nice and the shafts are outstanding. The Srixon just edged out the Cleveland for me. On flushed hits I was getting 230 carry with the Srixon and 225 with the Cleveland. The main tie breaker was the sound, feel and weight of the Srixon. The best way to describe the Dromos was it felt effortless through the ball. Very smooth and perfect for my swing. I was much more accurate with the Srixon and was hitting nice tight draws where with the Cleveland I had a few too many misses right. This might have to do with the 43 inch vs. 42.5 length.

Looks: the srixon is just a beautiful, classic looking club.

It cost me an extra $50 but well worth it from my perspective. I bought it on the spot and would encourage any Miyazaki fanatics to check this club out.

I'm a Miyazaki fanatic but literally can't check this club out. Glad to hear it worked well for you though. Congrats on the new stick!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

From reading the specs, it seems like both the face and body include titanium. Would this increase the COR like the F11ti from Adams? I can't wait to try this FW and see how it performs compared to the Cleveland FL which is right now at the top of my list to replace my current 3W.

Is this fairway wood titanium? On the Srixon website it lists the material specs the same as the driver.

JB:
Did you do any further testing on the Srixon FWs? I love my Z-Star driver and was thinking about a Z-Star 3 or 5 wood. TIA

JB:
Did you do any further testing on the Srixon FWs? I love my Z-Star driver and was thinking about a Z-Star 3 or 5 wood. TIA

I have. I really like the 5 wood (have not tested the 3 that much). Lots of good feedback coming out of the THP Demo Day in a few weeks.

Back