Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Waiting to watch the Gunners/ManU match until I go to the range and get back. Gunners are going to take all these bad calls out on ManU, hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the 60th minute of this match and it sucks. It's obvious Arsenal is really hurting without Song, Walcott, and Fabs. Sort of seemed to me they weren't that bad from midfield to the box, but they were clearly missing the clever touches and whatnot. I used to not like Theo much, but since he's been out I've really gained some appreciation for him and his pace. What kind of anti-aging concoctions do the Man U training staff have??? Some of these guys are so old and still playing at a really high level. Van Der Sar is making all these saves seem extremely easy and there have been some decent shots.

I'm in the 60th minute of this match and it sucks. It's obvious Arsenal is really hurting without Song, Walcott, and Fabs. Sort of seemed to me they weren't that bad from midfield to the box, but they were clearly missing the clever touches and whatnot. I used to not like Theo much, but since he's been out I've really gained some appreciation for him and his pace. What kind of anti-aging concoctions do the Man U training staff have??? Some of these guys are so old and still playing at a really high level. Van Der Sar is making all these saves seem extremely easy and there have been some decent shots.

I'm glad I didn't post the final score, even though it's a spoiler thread!

I'm glad I didn't post the final score, even though it's a spoiler thread!

Haha. I could see I was the last post in this thread from earlier so I wasn't worried about seeing. Plus it was already 2-0.

Arsenal is going to have to really assess where they're at this offseason.

The same place Wenger has assumed for the 6 years in a row; just fine, we just need another year of experience.

New GK, CB, RB, CDM and winger requried IMO which a bunch of bodies out

City beats Reading 1-0 in FA Cup play. Next up, ManU in the semis. If they can bring the Cup home, they will deserve it with this match-up.

Last edited:
City with some bad luck. Harsh decision on Psycho-boy Balotelli, actually thought he only deserved a yellow. Liverpool´s up against Braga tonight. Pretty lame first half. Caroll starting the game! Thrilling second half coming up....

Actually think Cole been pretty ok so far.

City with some bad luck. Harsh decision on Psycho-boy Balotelli, actually thought he only deserved a yellow. Liverpool´s up against Braga tonight. Pretty lame first half. Caroll starting the game! Thrilling second half coming up....

Actually think Cole been pretty ok so far.

Just saw that on Facebook that they are out of the Europa League. Hope they can win the FA Cup.

And RIgatoni got a red card? He really needs to go.

I sort of wonder if Bat is doing it on purpose to get shipped to Milan. I still don't know where he thinks he's going to play with Robinho/Pato/Ibra rocking the forward spots.

Both City and Pool out and to be honest, they both looked poor tonight. City at least tried but they were tired and had no idea's. Pool just looked toothless after the first 15 or so. Poor outing.

Meanwhile Portugal has 3 teams through in Europa which is neat to see.

Man U/Chelsea and Spurs/Madrid should be great matches.

What's the deal with Rooney? Is he now a midfielder? He plays well in the position and gets off some great passes, but it's odd to me how it seems he has totally lost the strikers mentality. He seems to look for the pass over the strike almost every time now. I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just shocked by how he went from one of the top strikers one day to a midfielder that doesn't want to shoot the next. I'm hoping ST has some insight for me on this.

This weekend's matches, all times Eastern:

Saturday, March 19:
■8:45am: Spurs v West Ham, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes/ESPN Mobile TV
■11am: Manchester United v Bolton, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)
■11am: West Brom v Arsenal, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■11am: Aston Villa v Wolves, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 7pm)
■11am: Blackburn v Blackpool, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■11am: Stoke v Newcastle, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 6pm)
■11am: Wigan v Birmingham, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 11:30am Sunday)
■1:30pm: Everton v Fulham, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)

Sunday, March 20:
■9:30am: Sunderland v Liverpool, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■Noon: Chelsea v Man City, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)

This weekend's matches, all times Eastern:

Saturday, March 19:
■8:45am: Spurs v West Ham, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes/ESPN Mobile TV
■11am: Manchester United v Bolton, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)
■11am: West Brom v Arsenal, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■11am: Aston Villa v Wolves, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 7pm)
■11am: Blackburn v Blackpool, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■11am: Stoke v Newcastle, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 6pm)
■11am: Wigan v Birmingham, FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app (also shown on delay on Fox Soccer Plus at 11:30am Sunday)
■1:30pm: Everton v Fulham, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)

Sunday, March 20:
■9:30am: Sunderland v Liverpool, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv and FoxSoccer iPhone app
■Noon: Chelsea v Man City, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after midnight)

You must have read my mind. I was just going to look through my guide to figure this out. Thanks for saving me the hassle.

Chelsea vs City Sunday is the one I definitely want to see. I'm sure that's the one for Smalls also.

You must have read my mind. I was just going to look through my guide to figure this out. Thanks for saving me the hassle.

I get all that from: http://www.epltalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/

Chelsea vs City Sunday is the one I definitely want to see. I'm sure that's the one for Smalls also.
That game will go a long way to determining whether City will finish in the Top 4. They would still be 4th if they lose, but the Spurs could be right behind them. A win gives them a good solid third place with a chance to catch Arsenal.

Nine games left in the season, and it still surprises me that they are doing so well, given that whenever we watch them play, they play like crap. But they keep winning. Imagine if they can start playing like a team.

Man U/Chelsea and Spurs/Madrid should be great matches.

What's the deal with Rooney? Is he now a midfielder? He plays well in the position and gets off some great passes, but it's odd to me how it seems he has totally lost the strikers mentality. He seems to look for the pass over the strike almost every time now. I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just shocked by how he went from one of the top strikers one day to a midfielder that doesn't want to shoot the next. I'm hoping ST has some insight for me on this.

IMO, it's because he's lost his confidence but not his touch. He's still got a great first touch, explosive power and is clearly showing he knows how to pass but his confidence to shoot is shot this year. Injuries plus off field stuff (big time cheater on his wife and then caught plus his contract garbage) has killed the thought that he knows he's going to score every game.

Plus I'm willing to bet that when Fergie clued in on it, he told him to start passing more. Chicy is an excellent poacher (and the only reason they won against L'OM) and with a proper set up man has shown just how deadly he is. If Rooney isn't going to take the bull by the horns and start scoring, he might as well help the poacher they've got (tell me he doesn't remind you of a young Trezuget). He'll wake up and start potting them again once everything is in order. I expect neat year to be a pretty big one for him.

Only 8 points separate all the teams in the lower half of the table. Any 3 of these could be relegated with 9 games left.

IMO, it's because he's lost his confidence but not his touch. He's still got a great first touch, explosive power and is clearly showing he knows how to pass but his confidence to shoot is shot this year. Injuries plus off field stuff (big time cheater on his wife and then caught plus his contract garbage) has killed the thought that he knows he's going to score every game.

Plus I'm willing to bet that when Fergie clued in on it, he told him to start passing more. Chicy is an excellent poacher (and the only reason they won against L'OM) and with a proper set up man has shown just how deadly he is. If Rooney isn't going to take the bull by the horns and start scoring, he might as well help the poacher they've got (tell me he doesn't remind you of a young Trezuget). He'll wake up and start potting them again once everything is in order. I expect neat year to be a pretty big one for him.

Hernandez reminds me of Trezeguet, Raul, and Van Nistelrooy for sure.

Rooney is great setting everyone up, but I just think he is one of the best strikers when he's attacking goal. I'd like to see them go up against Barca/Madrid in the Champions League, because I think they would need him being aggressive and taking shots. Another thing that popped into my head is that it seemed Rooney was getting really angry with Nani especially and some others when he was being aggressive and they wouldn't send it to him or waited way to long. Maybe he just said **** it, they can't create goals for themselves or me so I'll do it. I would assume it's confidence though and I still think he should have gone and played somewhere else.

Hard to believe Arsenal is on top of the form table. I'm surprised every time I look at the league table and don't see them around 4 or 5. It makes me even more upset when I think where they would be if they played the way they can all year, but that's the Gunners/Wenger for you. Hopefully they demolish the Baggies and avenge themselves for that horrible showing in September.

The Atletico/Real match should be a good watch tomorrow.

This year IMO is about who loses less rather then who wings more. I don't think anyone has shown Champion level form this year. Part of that is down to the also rans being much better the past couple of years due to the money influx but still. Arsenel, Chelsea, City and ManU have all been very inconsistent in their play. ManU is SUPER lucky to still be in the Champs league. If L'OM could score any of the 14 solid chances they had it would have been all over. Chelsea would have been dumped as well if they played someone better (fair play to Copenhagen. I've been very impressed with them this year but there's no way their on the last 16 or 8 stage of the Champs league level yet). Now ManU or Chelsea is going to be to the final 4 with neither deserves to be there IMO.

Still, an exciting race both at the top and bottom of the table.

I'm interested in the bottom of the table battle this year. The top is off this year for sure.

Sorry about Arsenel today F2G. On the plus side, it was a wildly entertaining game.

I'm watching Everton v Fulham that I DVR'er earlier today and even playing it a double time it looks super boring

They do seem to make games entertaining, but it's rough when you're pulling for them. Wenger is great, but something needs to change this off-season. I just have no idea what it is that needs to change.

City and Chelsea tomorrow morning. Looking forward to this one.

Interesting game between Chelsea and City. Amusing thought of the game: Luiz has at least 2 if not 3 goals already. Torres? None.

Rameries also showed why he was so highly regarded in Portugal as well. Rather then using the dutch leage, Chelsea needs to do some sort of partnership with Benfica instead. Can you imagine if Chelsea had Di Maria running one of those wings?

Interesting game between Chelsea and City. Amusing thought of the game: Luiz has at least 2 if not 3 goals already. Torres? None.

Rameries also showed why he was so highly regarded in Portugal as well. Rather then using the dutch leage, Chelsea needs to do some sort of partnership with Benfica instead. Can you imagine if Chelsea had Di Maria running one of those wings?

I thought City was in trouble with Tevez on the bench today. Andf adam Johnson is OK again? And he isn't starting because . . . ?

Chelsea deserved the win though, dominated the second half.

Back