DSC08864.jpg

DSC08865.jpg

DSC08869.jpg

DSC08867.jpg

DSC08868.jpg

DSC08871.jpg

DSC08870.jpg

Very nice Spanks! Couple early questions:

1. Hows the headcover? Magnets in that bad boy?
2. Hows the grip? If memory serves me it's a Winn, but it's kinda got a GP New Decade look to it.

Nice pics Spank!!!

I think it looks fantastic. Love the black face/white crown contrast.

Very nice Spanks! Couple early questions:

1. Hows the headcover? Magnets in that bad boy?
2. Hows the grip? If memory serves me it's a Winn, but it's kinda got a GP New Decade look to it.

Headcover is pretty to look at but initially kind of a pain. Just probably need to break it in. It's a slip on with no magnets and no sock shaft cover.
The grip is much better than the TM tour velvets, I think it's a Winn Lite but it's a made for so no Winn markings on it.

Nice pics Spank!!!

I think it looks fantastic. Love the black face/white crown contrast.

That's one of the things that first stood out to me. I'll be taking pics with this angle on the course so we can see what a white/yellow ball contrast will be on the grass.

Nice pics Spank! That hybrid looks pretty sweet. I will be looking forward to your upcoming reviews/thoughts.

Headcover is pretty to look at but initially kind of a pain. Just probably need to break it in. It's a slip on with no magnets and no sock shaft cover.
The grip is much better than the TM tour velvets, I think it's a Winn Lite but it's a made for so no Winn markings on it.

That's one of the things that first stood out to me. I'll be taking pics with this angle on the course so we can see what a white/yellow ball contrast will be on the grass.

Thank you sir! Looks to be similar to my MachSpeed cover. It does have magnets, but it never closes properly.

Hopefully I'll receive mine tomorrow and get some course and range time in.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Wow. That really looks great to me. I can't wait to hear some thoughts on this one.

That is a great looking club. Does it seem to have a slight amount of offset to it or was that just picture angle I was seeing?

That is a great looking club. Does it seem to have a slight amount of offset to it or was that just picture angle I was seeing?

Slight. I call it more of a draw bias as the head is a tad closed at address.

Another thing I forgot to add is the head shape is visually more like a fairway wood since it has the tail. I compared it to my R9 3W an it has a similar shape at address. I have no doubts that this will perform marvelously on fairways but my biggest question will be out of the thicker stuff. It has no rails on the underside which was one of the things I liked about the Mashie. Turf interaction will be one of my key points to look for in tomorrow's round.

Thanks for the info Spank. I was wondering when you get some time could you maybe take a straight on pic of the face to help give me an idea of how the sole is shaped or interacts with the turf when it is grounded? Thanks again for the early feedback, looking forward to your on course impressions of this one.

Thanks for the info Spank. I was wondering when you get some time could you maybe take a straight on pic of the face to help give me an idea of how the sole is shaped or interacts with the turf when it is grounded? Thanks again for the early feedback, looking forward to your on course impressions of this one.

No probs. I'll get a ground level shot as well so you can see how it grounds (although it will have to be on tile but you'll get the general idea). I think TM combined the Raylor design (which should help with the thicker stuff) but not as v-shaped sharp as the Raylor and the traditional Rescue design which is better in tight lies and fairways. Pretty neat combo if it works in harmony.

That would be perfect man, thanks.

That would be perfect man, thanks.

Here ya go... my apologies for the lighting but the flash just reflects off the face. I'll have better ones on the course tomorrow.

DSC08907.jpg

DSC08910.jpg

DSC08911.jpg

Man Spank your killing me with all those pics. I can't wait to get my tester in the mail so I can get that sucker on the course. I had to go to Dick's tonight just to look at them because of your pics!

Man Spank your killing me with all those pics. I can't wait to get my tester in the mail so I can get that sucker on the course. I had to go to Dick's tonight just to look at them because of your pics!

Dude what did you think when you first looked at it? And be honest...

Here's mine: Geez that head looks small.
Now this is coming from a guy that is used to a boxy type hybrid face so take it with a grain of salt. :D

Here ya go... my apologies for the lighting but the flash just reflects off the face. I'll have better ones on the course tomorrow.

DSC08907.jpg

DSC08910.jpg

DSC08911.jpg

No problem, I can still see all I need to. Thanks for the pics and yeah your right, it is kind of a mix between the Raylor sole design and that of the flatter soled hybrids.

Yeah it looked small. I walked around with one at Dick's can compared it to all the other hybrids. I like it looks of it alot more that the new Nike hybrids I can tell you that. I can't wait to compare it to my Sumo. I can't wait to hit it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting until the next day...

Yeah it looked small. I walked around with one at Dick's can compared it to all the other hybrids. I like it looks of it alot more that the new Nike hybrids I can tell you that. I can't wait to compare it to my Sumo. I can't wait to hit it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting until the next day...

I think it's because the face is shallow as compared to other hybrids. Like there's less surface area to hit the ball. It's damn sexy though. Definitely eye catching.

After arriving home from my morning 18 I had a package waiting for me on my doorstep. Merry Christmas to me!! I got the package inside and grabbed the digital camera to start snapping pics. My first impression of the hybrid was “this club is sleek!” I really wasn’t pleased with the grip, but before I went changing it, I decided to take it to the range to hit a bucket. This hybrid is easy to hit and it feels great. I brought my Nike Sumo hybrid along to hit side by side with the 2.0. The 2.0 is the 18 degree 3 Hybrid with stiff 60g Re-Ax stiff shaft. The one thing I noticed when comparing the two was that the 2.0 launches the ball really high compared to the Sumo

I really like the white paint scheme at address. I had a few comment from some other golfers in the bays next to me. I am looking forward to hitting this on a course and not just on some mats. There will be more thoughts and pics to follow in the next few days.

I want to thank THP and TaylorMade again for this great opportunity to test out an amazing club.

The box in my kitchen...
2ad36d411451d8ab6789fa899ff6b57393c7ad76.JPG

9af16f1fd26afa95b6f8a0ca84eda608f49ed6f1.JPG

The grip...
5cb36fb41cb3de9a6dcafd5a963fbdcd83902b33.JPG

After I put a GolfPride grip on...
66e16a14da6bf19eb8d692b6c15ea5aec68da154.JPG

The sole of the Hybrid...
c77365641d9ad8b26136ffd3956cb4f6b4791bb9.JPG

Comparing to my Nike Sumo 18* 3 Hybrid...
97a26bd153db96eff50916b5526db4dcc1e289bf.JPG

03316318da65fb95b94170d8e6d621863ef67a4b.JPG

Good stuff bogey, its good to hear that this club has a nice high launch. Can I ask what you didnt like about the grip? BTW thanks for the pics and first impressions.

Good stuff bogey, its good to hear that this club has a nice high launch. Can I ask what you didnt like about the grip? BTW thanks for the pics and first impressions.

I have never really been a fan of winn grips. They are too sticky/mushie for my liking. I usually always end up putting a GP MC on my clubs when I get them. I will aways try the club with the original club first though.

I had some more pics, but they would basically just copy the ones Spank already posted so I left them out. I do need to take one with a B330-RX sitting next to it. I'll get one of those up tonight.

I have never really been a fan of winn grips. They are too sticky/mushie for my liking. I usually always end up putting a GP MC on my clubs when I get them. I will aways try the club with the original club first though.

I had some more pics, but they would basically just copy the ones Spank already posted so I left them out. I do need to take one with a B330-RX sitting next to it. I'll get one of those up tonight.

Thanks for the info on the grips. I agree Im not a big fan of a spongie feeling grip either.

Great pics bogey, I myself am a huge fan of those grips but it does sure look purdy with the Multi on it.

Back