Taylormade XFT Wedge

Right on thanks for your responses man. Because of this post I am definatly going to consider these wedges (Well I already have) and as well I'll look into the spinner shafts. I hit a high wedge as well.

Are the spinner shafts a little heavier than a regular KBS wedge shaft or a basic stock wedge shaft?

I have a wedge + in my 50 then regular wedge flex in my 55 and 60.
Wedge + is 131g
Wedge is 124

Stiff flex in the Hi-rev is 125g
and x-stiff is 135g

So they basically weight the exact same. Wedge+ is equal to a x-stiff but it's recommended to have that in the 50 or 52 degree wedges for swingweight (if I remember right) Then wedge is equal to stiff in the kbs.

The biggest thing that sold
ms on the xFT wedges was the faceplate. For $30 you have a brand new wedge and I'm willing to give up a little feel for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wedge + in my 50 then regular wedge flex in my 55 and 60.
Wedge + is 131g
Wedge is 124

Stiff flex in the Hi-rev is 125g
and x-stiff is 135g

So they basically weight the exact same. Wedge+ is equal to a x-stiff but it's recommended to have that in the 50 or 52 degree wedges for swingweight (if I remember right) Then wedge is equal to stiff in the kbs.

The biggest thing that sold
ms on the xFT wedges was the faceplate. For $30 you have a brand new wedge and I'm willing to give up a little feel for that.

Wow so you have different flexes in your wedge shafts? I never even considered that. Care to explain a little more concerning the swingweight etc?

Wow so you have different flexes in your wedge shafts? I never even considered that. Care to explain a little more concerning the swingweight etc?

Dude I had no clue about the flexes until I talked to vibrant golf. It's just recommended from true temper that you put the wedge + (131g) in your 50 or 52. The go with wedge (124) in your 54-60 degree wedges. I'm guessing since the 50 or 52 has a little longer shaft which means you can swing it harder that extra few grams keeps it under control in your swing. Now if I was say biggsy with a 120+ driver SS I would probably go with wedge+ in all my wedges so I could have more control over them. Makes sense? The heavier shaft just helps you with control, kind of like a driver shaft. Light shaft goes farther but not much control, heavier shaft may go shorter but more control.

Gawd, I hope I'm explaining this right. Someone tell me to shut up if its not right. I'm pretty sure I am but just making sure.

No that does sound right, just applying the same concepts with driver and iron shafts with heavyness etc but with wedges. Thanks for the input. That's crazy that I have this much to think about just for wedges..

No that does sound right, just applying the same concepts with driver and iron shafts with heavyness etc but with wedges. Thanks for the input. That's crazy that I have this much to think about just for wedges..

Well I mean it's not that much. Honestly I doubt you would notice 7g difference in the wedge+ and wedge flexes. If you go with spinners just put the wedge+ in your 50 or 52 and the wedge in your other 2 and you should have no problems at all.

I love these wedges, i have the 50* and its just awesome.

Hi
I also have these wedges, they are really nice. No issues. I love the changable face plate, you barely notice. I get great spin off these. They are almost on par with CG line up, in my opinion. The only thing I did to these wedges is change out the stock grip for MC's.

Well I mean it's not that much. Honestly I doubt you would notice 7g difference in the wedge+ and wedge flexes. If you go with spinners just put the wedge+ in your 50 or 52 and the wedge in your other 2 and you should have no problems at all.

That's my set up and I play regular flex in my clubs. I'll say this - DG Spinner > KBS Hi-rev. This combo feels fantastic.

Tap before talk.

That's my set up and I play regular flex in my clubs. I'll say this - DG Spinner > KBS Hi-rev. This combo feels fantastic.

Tap before talk.

Where did you guys get the spinners? Did your local golf shop have them? Or did you order them online?

I've played the CG line of wedges for many years and since switching to the XFT wedges I have not noticed any less performance but I do like the softer feel of the XFT over my CG wedges. Only thing I don't prefer is the lack of bounce options compared to Cleveland but I was lucky and the bounces they do offer fit my game perfectly. This may not be the case for everyone.

Last edited:
Where did you guys get the spinners? Did your local golf shop have them? Or did you order them online?

Vibrant golf man!! $25 a piece and they do the labor for free! Then just add $10 for shipping.

Did you have to get them painted though? I would prefer not to. Unless they had a black nickel/smoke finish.

Im also interested in this info, i have wanted to put the DG Spinner in mine also. I dont want to get it painted either but black nickel would look great

Did you have to get them painted though? I would prefer not to. Unless they had a black nickel/smoke finish.

Im also interested in this info, i have wanted to put the DG Spinner in mine also. I dont want to get it painted either but black nickel would look great

Check out the DG spinners on mine in the WITB thread. No painting for me either.

I got one from vibrant and then ordered two for 35 from golfsmith during a sale. The only problem is, I haven't got the two from golfsmith installed yet. I would have ordered the other two from vibrant, but shipping was a bit ridiculous ($20 from Ohio).

Tap before talk.

I'm surprised to see these showing up already at some of the "outlet" club retailers. Is TM abondoning these already or is the supply just that much greater than the demand that they needed to unload? For those that game them, what is your long term, (if >1 year is long term in today's equipment world), review?

Apparently these have not been great sellers for TM, which is surprising because they feel and perform great and I love that you can just switch out the face plate when it is worn down.

Apparently these have not been great sellers for TM, which is surprising because they feel and perform great and I love that you can just switch out the face plate when it is worn down.

I know its crazy, i have the 50* and its my favorite wedge in the bag, its just amazing and being able to switch out faces is a huge bonus. I really need to pick up a 56* and 60* since they are so cheap right now, i paid 130 when they first came out

I have 2 and love them. I love that you can just change the face plate on them.

I should be getting the 56* I ordered off the bay any day now, then its off to have the purple spinner shaft installed. I can't wait to get it out on the course!

Interesting considering these are a great option for those who don't change gear that often. The ability to change the face plates only are a great economical value

I think these are great wedges and should get more attention than they do. They are my second favorite wedge by a long shot.

Love mine "56 & 60" hoping to add a 52 in there. I also bought 4 new faces from a guy in my club. I'm gtg for awile. I thought about the Dg spinner shafts but Robin Aurther has a wedge shaft that is almost double the RPMs of the spinner.

The unique rapidly tapering geometry in the center can result in as much as a 1000-2000 rpm (spin) increase over steel shafts designed for the same purpose

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_AS0014

I'm a big fan of my xFt's. These wedges do everything that the cg15s do (not as spinny though) and they just haven't sold well. One thing I've noticed is when you hit the ball off the toe with the clubface squared, you get a clicky sound but the ball still flies on target. It's a great wedge and I'd recommend anyone to try it.

Tap before talk.

I think this is a great idea from Taylormade! I hate buying new wedges almost every year and this will cut down on my golf budget. Now to just test it out and see if the removable face can compete with my vokeys.

Back