5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Soreness is a good thing.

What type of foods are you all eating? What kind of workouts, just curious. I've found that eating 6 small meals a day has helped my waistline tremendously. It also helps to get copius amount of protein. So far I've lost 12 lbs in about 4 weeks.

I eat all day. For instance so far today I ate a protein bar before the gym. Then I came home and ate a greek yogurt, then I ate some pita chips and salsa, then I had a few slices of turkey and now I am eating a dole fruit crips (it's cinnamon apples with granola) and it's only 1pm. I will probably eat a snack size cottage cheese a little later along with an apple or orange or possibly a protein shake. I did cheat, however, and ate a snack size 3 musketeers. I tend to consume a lot of protein and a lot of dairy. Today was a high carb day but I try to keep the carbs down if I can. I don't eliminate them I just try to keep those a bit more under control.

I also run 3-5 miles 3-4 days a week and strength train for 30-40 minutes 3-4 days a week. These last couple of weeks have been bad for me because I haven't worked out much and I have eaten like crap but that is over now and I am back to eating right and working out.

I weighed myself this morning and I am 10 lbs lighter than when we started this. That outs me half way to my goal and only a couple pounds to get sub 200 for the first time in over a year. I have been working on improving my diet, but I need to put a more concerted effort into working out if I am going to shed these next 10 lbs. Great job to all! I know I don't post in this thread a bunch, but I read about you progress and it inspires me to be better.

That's incredible, congratulations!!!!

I eat all day. For instance so far today I ate a protein bar before the gym. Then I came home and ate a greek yogurt, then I ate some pita chips and salsa, then I had a few slices of turkey and now I am eating a dole fruit crips (it's cinnamon apples with granola) and it's only 1pm. I will probably eat a snack size cottage cheese a little later along with an apple or orange or possibly a protein shake. I did cheat, however, and ate a snack size 3 musketeers. I tend to consume a lot of protein and a lot of dairy. Today was a high carb day but I try to keep the carbs down if I can. I don't eliminate them I just try to keep those a bit more under control.

I also run 3-5 miles 3-4 days a week and strength train for 30-40 minutes 3-4 days a week. These last couple of weeks have been bad for me because I haven't worked out much and I have eaten like crap but that is over now and I am back to eating right and working out.
That sounds kind of like my day. I'm always munching on something, right now its unsalted cashews. Our bodies are trained to eat only 3 meals a day for so long that it was different for me to eat every 2 1/2-3 hours. The first week I had to force myself to eat the in between meals but it seems to be working so far. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of protein bars do you eat? I've tried a few different ones and haven't really found anything that I enjoy. The closest one I've came to liking are the PowerBar Protein Plus bars.

Just an update, I weighed this morning and was down right at 5 pounds from this past weekend. Those good results have me even more motivated to keep it up. I probably won't eat very well tonight, but I feel pretty good about the direction I'm headed and I'm looking forward to going back below the 200lb mark.

Keep it up! This thread is a great source of motivation. It will get popping at times. I havent updated because my weight loss is definitely slowing as I continue to lose the lbs. But I haven't stopped or fallen off the wagon :)

Just an update, I weighed this morning and was down right at 5 pounds from this past weekend. Those good results have me even more motivated to keep it up. I probably won't eat very well tonight, but I feel pretty good about the direction I'm headed and I'm looking forward to going back below the 200lb mark.

That sounds kind of like my day. I'm always munching on something, right now its unsalted cashews. Our bodies are trained to eat only 3 meals a day for so long that it was different for me to eat every 2 1/2-3 hours. The first week I had to force myself to eat the in between meals but it seems to be working so far. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of protein bars do you eat? I've tried a few different ones and haven't really found anything that I enjoy. The closest one I've came to liking are the PowerBar Protein Plus bars.

I have struggled to find a good protein bar too. I used to like the PowerBar Protein Plus bars but now I find that after a few bites they make me feel a bit nauseous. I asked my trainer which bars he likes and he suggested the Zone Perfect bars. They aren't as good for you as the PowerBar ones but they still have 14g of protein and they taste a million times better.

So I recently discovered a new dessert that has done wonders for my sweet tooth. It's called Arctic Zero and it's a cross between ice cream and italian ices and an entire pint is only 150 calories! Here is more info on it. http://www.myarcticzero.com/

If you expect it to taste like ice cream then you will be disappointed but I think it has pretty good flavor and you can eat the entire pint!

I am down 2 more pounds for a 20lb total. Going to get back to my bow flex to speed up the rest of my goal. My putting seems to be suffering the most. No were to rest the elbows! Lol.

I want to thank everyone that posted in this thread. The inspiration I took from it has made it easier for me to make progress towards my goal.

I have struggled to find a good protein bar too. I used to like the PowerBar Protein Plus bars but now I find that after a few bites they make me feel a bit nauseous. I asked my trainer which bars he likes and he suggested the Zone Perfect bars. They aren't as good for you as the PowerBar ones but they still have 14g of protein and they taste a million times better.

Thanks for the recommendation. The zone perfects are less protein but at this point I'm willing to sacrifice that for flavor. I'll check them out.

Thanks for the recommendation. The zone perfects are less protein but at this point I'm willing to sacrifice that for flavor. I'll check them out.

They are less protein and I tried to do the ones with the 20 grams of protein but I could barely eat half. With these you get between 11-15g and I can eat the entire thing so I think ends up being better. Plus there are so many flavor choices and I can buy them in bulk as Sams Club.

Have you tried Power Crunch Bars? They have 6 great flavors like Cookies And Creme, French Vanilla Creme, PB Fudge, Peanut Butter Creme, Triple Chocolate, and Wild Berry Creme. THey are wafer bars that are very tasty and fairly high in protein.

Here is info about them:

http://bnrg.com/Products/PowerCrunch.aspx#2

Have you tried Power Crunch Bars? They have 6 great flavors like Cookies And Creme, French Vanilla Creme, PB Fudge, Peanut Butter Creme, Triple Chocolate, and Wild Berry Creme. THey are wafer bars that are very tasty and fairly high in protein.

Here is info about them:

http://bnrg.com/Products/PowerCrunch.aspx#2

I have not tried those. They are a bit higher in fat than I would like but I will see if they are at target or GNC since those are both by the gym so I will check there after. I am always looking for new protein bars. Thanks for the suggestion. Of course now I want an oreo from looking at that picture.

If you have a whole foods near you definitely check out the Arctic Zero ice cream. They are actually based out of California.

I have not tried those. They are a bit higher in fat than I would like but I will see if they are at target or GNC since those are both by the gym so I will check there after. I am always looking for new protein bars. Thanks for the suggestion. Of course now I want an oreo from looking at that picture.

If you have a whole foods near you definitely check out the Arctic Zero ice cream. They are actually based out of California.

How did you guess the cookies and cream bar is my favorite, followed closely by the triple chocolate.

My wife is an anesthesia nurse and swears by the special k meal protein bars. Since she can be in surgery for several hours, she loves the extra protein and swears they keep her full all day. I'm like GG and can't finish a full bar since they're so full of protein. I snack through the day, the small meals and extra snacks have helped with my marathon training. 45 more days until the marathon, I hope the legs can hold up!

My wife is an anesthesia nurse and swears by the special k meal protein bars. Since she can be in surgery for several hours, she loves the extra protein and swears they keep her full all day. I'm like GG and can't finish a full bar since they're so full of protein. I snack through the day, the small meals and extra snacks have helped with my marathon training. 45 more days until the marathon, I hope the legs can hold up!

I will have to try some of those special k protein bars. More protein would help me I am sure so thanks for the heads up dubbledxu.

It looks like we have quite a few Morgan Cup players who might need to jump on this thread and make a physical or weight loss goal! Playing in the hot summer months takes a great deal of stamina so good luck to all of our thread members in reaching your goals. Better fitness equals better golf and more strength to drive down those last few holes in search of victory :thumb:

So boys & girls, as I posted today in the outing thread we are 64 days from hanging out by the pool and on the golf course showing off our new bodies and our new attitudes. That means we just made the top of the home stretch with about a quartermile to go.

So far in total I've lost 68lbs since I started my personal weight loss plan last September, 21lbs with you all supporting me in this thread.

Unfortunately my weight loss has slowed down a bit as I'm on a plateau. So, today I decided to kick start myself to get the last 9 lbs I pledged to lose before the outing by shaking up my workout with the sister program to PX 90, Slim in Six.

I just finished my second of the first week's workout, 30 minutes of isometric aerobics & then 20 minutes of abs, followed by 10 minutes of stretching.

Along with the exercise program is a meal plan for a 6 day period to push you off your plateau. Except for not being able to eat three hours before bed, not too bad.

So here's to losing the last nine pounds before the outing.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Unreal results MaryC, well done. Keep up the great work, you can do it.

So boys & girls, as I posted today in the outing thread we are 64 days from hanging out by the pool and on the golf course showing off our new bodies and our new attitudes. That means we just made the top of the home stretch with about a quartermile to go.

So far in total I've lost 68lbs since I started my personal weight loss plan last September, 21lbs with you all supporting me in this thread.

Unfortunately my weight loss has slowed down a bit as I'm on a plateau. So, today I decided to kick start myself to get the last 9 lbs I pledged to lose before the outing by shaking up my workout with the sister program to PX 90, Slim in Six.

I just finished my second of the first week's workout, 30 minutes of isometric aerobics & then 20 minutes of abs, followed by 10 minutes of stretching.

Along with the exercise program is a meal plan for a 6 day period to push you off your plateau. Except for not being able to eat three hours before bed, not too bad.

I have no doubt you will do it! I'm so impressed with your determination. I've been off track this past month but I'm wanting to get back in gear now. Your calendar woke me up yesterday when I realized I only had 64 days left until the outing. Gotta get busy!!!!

Mary you are awesome girl! We all are proud of your determination and hanging in there to reach your goal.

On a side note: KellyBo has been nursing a muscle tear and had no choice but to restrict her activity. She had the choice of working out hard and compounding her problem, or taking it easy so she can play golf with us in May. She has several tournaments coming up prior to May so hopefully she will heal properly.

Those Special K protein bars looks yummy, but only 10g of protein?? My theory is, if I'm going to eat a protein bar it may as well have at least 20g+. If you can't eat them all in one sitting just cut them in half. They work as a great snack and the protein is high quality. I would try the Power Bar Protein Plus and Optimum Nutritions Whey Crisp bars. So far I'm down 18lbs in 4 weeks. I've been following this workout plan on bodybuilding.com that incorporates core workouts, free weights, and cardio. It's the best of both worlds.

Mary you are awesome girl! We all are proud of your determination and hanging in there to reach your goal.

On a side note: KellyBo has been nursing a muscle tear and had no choice but to restrict her activity. She had the choice of working out hard and compounding her problem, or taking it easy so she can play golf with us in May. She has several tournaments coming up prior to May so hopefully she will heal properly.

Thanks Gray!

It's been tough these past few weeks after getting used to 5-7lbs a week coming off to go to .5-1lb a week but as my trainer keeps reminding me, I've lost most of the excess & now my body is working on turning what it needs to keep into muscle.

I know you've been working really hard on sculpting yourself into a lean mean golfing machine too.

You have your hands full trying to keep our KellyBo from over doing it and let her body heal 100% before going back at it full bore.

I know she's chomping at the bit to jump back at it but she better take care cause she & I have some revenge to extract from that smelly, nasty bear in May!!

Wow that is awesome MaryC!!! I'm sure you'll get those 9 lbs in no time.

As for me I seriously need to check in to this thread. Yesterday I qualified for the Morgan Cup which is going to start with 36 holes of golf in the August heat down in Florida. I need to be in shape for that. Since Feb 1st I have lost 6 lbs just by eating a little better(at times). Now that it is starting to get nicer out I will start running and doing a little more exercise to see if I can get in better shape for August and September. 60 Days till the outing, it would be great to drop 10+ lbs before I get there.

As for me I seriously need to check in to this thread. Yesterday I qualified for the Morgan Cup which is going to start with 36 holes of golf in the August heat down in Florida. I need to be in shape for that. Since Feb 1st I have lost 6 lbs just by eating a little better(at times). Now that it is starting to get nicer out I will start running and doing a little more exercise to see if I can get in better shape for August and September. 60 Days till the outing, it would be great to drop 10+ lbs before I get there.

You can do it!!!!!!!!! Morgan Cup Motivation!!!!

Pillates and core excersises will not only help with your waist line but also your golf swing.

Mary, you continue to motivate and amaze each and every day. I am so incredibly proud of you for what you have accomplished and I know not everyone has been lucky enough to see you since the outing but I have and you look AMAZING!!!! If there is anyone on this forum or in this thread who could lose those 9lbs it's you!

Those Special K protein bars looks yummy, but only 10g of protein?? My theory is, if I'm going to eat a protein bar it may as well have at least 20g+. If you can't eat them all in one sitting just cut them in half. They work as a great snack and the protein is high quality. I would try the Power Bar Protein Plus and Optimum Nutritions Whey Crisp bars. So far I'm down 18lbs in 4 weeks. I've been following this workout plan on bodybuilding.com that incorporates core workouts, free weights, and cardio. It's the best of both worlds.

Wow 18lbs in 4 weeks that's incredible. Way to go!

If you start running and doing a little more exercise I bet you will see those 10lbs fly right off. Great job on the 6lbs so far!

I have to share the workout I've been doing..it's too good not to share with everyone.

This is a 12-week program. The program has a daily video for every single day of your 12 week journey. It shows you how to eat and what to eat. It also walks you through every single workout for every single training day. The great thing about this program is the workouts change, the exercises change, the cardio changes. I'd suggest embracing this if you want to shed weight, get lean, and get defined muscle. I've been doing this program for 4 weeks so far and the changes in my body and the way I feel have changed 10-fold. Check it out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12_week_daily_video_trainer_main.htm

(Jeez I sound like a damn info-mercial,...hahaha). Enjoy all.

Back