Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of smoke coming from Oregon, fire is coming.

Ohio state would never do anything like this, it must be wrong.

Ohio St and Jim T are getting CRUCIFIED for the flat out lies. The NCAA will be stepping in and lambasting him I have a feeling. SIgning the document sealed his fate. Lying to the NCAA knowingly is what got Dez a season. Got Pearl half a season in the SEC and the players got more than twice as much.

This is getting VERY ugly and will get worse before it gets better.

Ohio St and Jim T are getting CRUCIFIED for the flat out lies. The NCAA will be stepping in and lambasting him I have a feeling. SIgning the document sealed his fate. Lying to the NCAA knowingly is what got Dez a season. Got Pearl half a season in the SEC and the players got more than twice as much.

Good can't wait till the Huskers come in and crushes them

There is a lot of smoke coming from Oregon, fire is coming.

What Oregon did is done by 99% of schools and is NOT against the rules. End of story

Good can't wait till the Huskers come in and crushes them

It should be a good game for sure!

What Oregon did is done by 99% of schools and is NOT against the rules. End of story

If it wasn't against the rules, then way any type of investigation at all? I know more and more of this goes on in college football than we actually hear about, but if the NCAA get's a whiff of anything don't they automatically go into investigation mode? I'm not a NCAA compliance expert by any means.

If it wasn't against the rules, then way any type of investigation at all?

Because the media is making a story of nothing....
What investigation?

Every school in the country pays recruiting services. Whats funny is every school in the SEC commits major violations yearly and this is a story. When other schools find out a player is being recruited by an SEC school they usually just give up rather than get in a bidding war to buy players.

What should be happening is someone needs to go after the NCAA and put them on probation for the joke of a system they have going right now.

Every school in the country pays recruiting services. Whats funny is every school in the SEC commits major violations yearly and this is a story. When other schools find out a player is being recruited by an SEC school they usually just give up rather than get in a bidding war to buy players.

What should be happening is someone needs to go after the NCAA and put them on probation for the joke of a sytem they have going right now.

Wait what? You have proof clearly that every school in the SEC commits major violations right? I would love it if that were the case, but clearly it is not.

Nobody knows what happened as of yet, but the last few posts were quite funny.

"They are being investigated?"
"They didnt break any rules!"

Link Supplied

"The SEC cheats".

All I can say is WOW! That is a fan right there. :alien:

Any more news on this? I haven't watched ESPN or the news for that matter in months.

Any more news on this? I haven't watched ESPN or the news for that matter in months.

Not really. It was this morning that they were talking about how bad the NCAA needs to step up. Time will tell.

Jim Tressel.....NCAA on line 2.....something about you lying to them or calling everyone except them or your boss when you found out your star QB was getting paid?

So are we going to see Tressel resign and Urban come back to coaching in a couple months?

Yea... I am pretty pissed about this whole thing. I am holding my breath about what will happen, but in all honesty I think Tressel will stay. I am not really sure that I am ok with that- but what control do I have.

For a while I had a gut feeling that he was taking the fall for someone in the university but the more that comes out the less that seems likely.

I do NOT want Urban to coach at OSU. I was very vocal about him being a slimebag at UF and I stick by those guns now.
University of Wisconsin is looking more and more like an attractive alternative to rooting for Ohio State. I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that.

Jim Tressel.....NCAA on line 2.....something about you lying to them or calling everyone except them or your boss when you found out your star QB was getting paid?

Disgusting is what comes to mind right now. Absolutely disgusting. Its lies, wrapped in more lies, wrapped in more lies, wrapped in money! The guy should be canned on the spot!

Disgusting is what comes to mind right now. Absolutely disgusting. Its lies, wrapped in more lies, wrapped in more lies, wrapped in money! The guy should be canned on the spot!

The definition of today's NCAA. So sad!

And yet OSU still vehemently defends their coach... because he wins. I greatly dislike OSU. I love it whenever Lendale White gets on the Jim Rome show and says "Hey Jim, Ohio State still SUCKS!"

If it was anyone else at a program not as successful as tOSU he'd be gone yesterday...

If it was anyone else at a program not as successful as tOSU he'd be gone yesterday...

You got that right. I think it bothers me that I am not shocked by all of this.

However I find the outcry significantly different by some compared to if this were USC or a SEC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back