Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I played nine today and just love my Mashies, especially my M5. I used it off the tee on a par 3 from 145 out and stuck it 6 feet below the flag. I know I'm a short knocker but I was proud of the accuracy and I swung it so easy.

I had another shot out of a fairway bunker that required a good bit of loft because it had a high front to it. I easily got the ball out with my M5 and was just short of the green. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to hit other hybrids out of that same bunker and hit the lip. My M5 performed the job very well!

I used my M5 on another uphill shot from about 140 out and it hit the green and rolled just off the back.

I hit a little fade shot with my M3 today which I find myself doing with that club sometimes. I think I'm sweeping it more like a fairway wood instead of hitting down. I didn't get the distance I needed on that particularly shot but it ended up just short of the green so at least it stayed on target and was close. I need some range time with this club.

It was fun getting my Mashie on! Right now I could easily say the M5 is the favorite club in my bag.

I played nine today and just love my Mashies, especially my M5. I used it off the tee on a par 3 from 145 out and stuck it 6 feet below the flag. I know I'm a short knocker but I was proud of the accuracy and I swung it so easy.

I had another shot out of a fairway bunker that required a good bit of loft because it had a high front to it. I easily got the ball out with my M5 and was just short of the green. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to hit other hybrids out of that same bunker and hit the lip. My M5 performed the job very well!

I used my M5 on another uphill shot from about 140 out and it hit the green and rolled just off the back.

I hit a little fade shot with my M3 today which I find myself doing with that club sometimes. I think I'm sweeping it more like a fairway wood instead of hitting down. I didn't get the distance I needed on that particularly shot but it ended up just short of the green so at least it stayed on target and was close. I need some range time with this club.

It was fun getting my Mashie on! Right now I could easily say the M5 is the favorite club in my bag.

I can testify she was hitting that thing beautiful! She is loving some Cleveland Mashie and hitting them so good. I played with the boys today and hit me M3 mashie solid and was ever so impressed. These hybrids are money and so much fun to hit. I can see myself with a M1 mashie in the near future:golf2:...

Dmb, KellyBo, good stuff. Loved all the different shots you played with your mashies dmb, but who put all those stupid trees in your way? Kelly its great you found a club that you love, and I find 150 is a yardage that comes up frequently on the course so to have a club you can count on from there is huge.

Dmb, KellyBo, good stuff. Loved all the different shots you played with your mashies dmb, but who put all those stupid trees in your way? Kelly its great you found a club that you love, and I find 150 is a yardage that comes up frequently on the course so to have a club you can count on from there is huge.

If I could control my driver I bit more, wouldn't have that problem. HAHA

Glad to hear about your successes Kelly, Gray and DMB!!! The Mashie is for real and it is an awesome club!!! I went out today and had a challanging round on a very challanging couse ( see what you shot today thread for more info). My M3 has become my go to club and the one I look to after I have one or two "so-so" holes because of the confidence I have in the club. When I feel that I am losing focus on the round I try to get the Mashie in my hand and it allows me to relax and take a nice easy swing and hearing that crisp sound at impact and watching the ball fly long and straight usually gets my head back in the game.

not as much love for the DST as there is for the mashie, but can anyone compare the two? the DST seems to have a great stock shaft, goes long and straight and drops soft. tons of Dicks Sporting Goods still have these and i can only imagine they will be less than $100 soon.

just curious, for us "value golfers" (aka, us cheap ba$$ terds)

anyone? OEM Kevin, i know you had a DST before...

anyone? OEM Kevin, i know you had a DST before...

I have compared them a few times in this thread. I loved the DST head and still do. Our review on it is on the home page. However for me, the shafts just dont even come close to matching up.

Ok, here is my situation. Thought I had ruled out the Mashies, but the M1 could work. My old Adams 3 wood doesn't see a lot of action. Primarily it is used off the tee when I need a 220-230 shot or if my driver is acting up. Last season I used the A7 3 in those situations as it is so reliable. I am losing 20 yards or so, but gaining dead straight shots.

The M1 would be used off the tee primarily and for 220+ approaches when I can afford to take the chance. I see Fast 10 3 woods for dirt cheap right now and was considering going that route. Also like the looks of the TEE trilogy 16.5. Not sure what my question is now lol. I guess I am wondering if there is a big benefit with the M1 over a wood when it would be used off the tee 9 of 10 times.

Ok, here is my situation. Thought I had ruled out the Mashies, but the M1 could work. My old Adams 3 wood doesn't see a lot of action. Primarily it is used off the tee when I need a 220-230 shot or if my driver is acting up. Last season I used the A7 3 in those situations as it is so reliable. I am losing 20 yards or so, but gaining dead straight shots.

The M1 would be used off the tee primarily and for 220+ approaches when I can afford to take the chance. I see Fast 10 3 woods for dirt cheap right now and was considering going that route. Also like the looks of the TEE trilogy 16.5. Not sure what my question is now lol. I guess I am wondering if there is a big benefit with the M1 over a wood when it would be used off the tee 9 of 10 times.

This question has come up in one form or another quite often in this thread and I always answer it the same way. The versatility of the hybrid to me puts it ahead when comparing it to a fairway wood.

Im FINALLY going to the range with mine. Slapped on a new Iomic X grip and built up the bottom 1/2. Went on without an issue

Well today is the day. Cleveland is coming for demo day and i get to try out all the new mashie's. unfortunately i just purchased a new r9 3 wood from blind9 for a great deal and i like it. but i wan to try out the m1-m3. If I can hit it further than my 3 wood. its in the bag.

Thats the great part about having 4 boys, one of them can always use a new 3 wood :banana:

Well.. first impression.. it was ok.. Im not a fan of the shaft weight. The shaft itself held up, I just couldnt get the feel right. probably had something to do with the grip. I will take her back out one more time before deciding though

OK, I just have no choice but to update this thread with some more mashie love after my round today.

I was able to get out and play with Hanks, OEM Kevin and DDec in Delaware. As always seems to be the case when I play a round with OEM, the wind was howling... a 2 or 3 club wind most of the round. But it was 55 degrees and we are playing golf in early March, so its all good.

Today was a showcase day for the M1 Abrams errr M1 Mashie. This thing is my 3 wood killer. ON the turn coming home on a par 5, I had 255 to the green after another one of my mediocre drives. It was slightly downhill to the green, with a helping breeze. I hit the M1 with a nice smooth swing and it took off like a missile. It flew so far, we couldn't even tell where it landed, but it looked right on line with the middle of the green. I get up there, and can't find it. After about 5 minutes, I find the ball way past the green, across a service road by the putting green. It must have flown 270, with the aid of the wind. WOW. But it gets better. 2 holes later, another par 5 and another mediocre drive left me about 245 yards to the pin, with a left to right and hurting wind. I aim to the left edge of the green and let it rip. Another missile, tailing to the right on the wind, hits and stops 5 feet from the pin. Thankfully I made the 5 foot putt for eagle. This M1 is a freakin weapon. I hit it as long as a 3 Wood and its much easier for me to keep online than any 3 Wood I've ever hit. Those 2 shots off the deck were as long or longer than any drive I hit that day. I think that's a testament to the excellent shaft in this missile launcher. I must say, its got me really interested in hitting one of the new Cleveland drivers that come with those C Kua shafts in them.

The M3 also performed well as it always does, but today was the M1's day to shine!

Whoa! Awesome stuff G4L! OEM told me about that eagle, that's solid brother. It's amazing how fantastic the Mashie is.

I think there's one thing that sums these hybrids up and I've heard it from the first time I saw one at the Fall THP Outing:

"They're like cheating!"

Love it.

270 hybrid, WOW! Wind or no, thats big.

OK, I just have no choice but to update this thread with some more mashie love after my round today.

it. Those 2 shots off the deck were as long or longer than any drive I hit that day. I think that's a testament to the excellent shaft in this missile launcher. I must say, its got me really interested in hitting one of the new Cleveland drivers that come with those C Kua shafts in them.

The M3 also performed well as it always does, but today was the M1's day to shine!

You will be missing out if you don't try one. Trust me!

Whoa! Awesome stuff G4L! OEM told me about that eagle, that's solid brother. It's amazing how fantastic the Mashie is.

I think there's one thing that sums these hybrids up and I've heard it from the first time I saw one at the Fall THP Outing:

"They're like cheating!"

Love it.

Yeah, its the closest I've felt to cheating with a golf club in my hands. You should just not be able to stand there confidently looking at a skinny green 250 yards away, yet that's how I feel with these Mashies in my hands. There was many a hole there where everyone was just hitting mashies off the tee because of the tightness of the fairways we were playing. If my handicap doesnt come down a couple shots this year, I'll be surprised.

Makes me sad that they don't offer it in lefty

I was able to get out and play with Hanks, OEM Kevin and DDec in Delaware. As always seems to be the case when I play a round with OEM, the wind was howling... a 2 or 3 club wind most of the round. But it was 55 degrees and we are playing golf in early March, so its all good.

Today was a showcase day for the M1 Abrams errr M1 Mashie. This thing is my 3 wood killer. ON the turn coming home on a par 5, I had 255 to the green after another one of my mediocre drives. It was slightly downhill to the green, with a helping breeze. I hit the M1 with a nice smooth swing and it took off like a missile. It flew so far, we couldn't even tell where it landed, but it looked right on line with the middle of the green. I get up there, and can't find it. After about 5 minutes, I find the ball way past the green, across a service road by the putting green. It must have flown 270, with the aid of the wind. WOW. But it gets better. 2 holes later, another par 5 and another mediocre drive left me about 245 yards to the pin, with a left to right and hurting wind. I aim to the left edge of the green and let it rip. Another missile, tailing to the right on the wind, hits and stops 5 feet from the pin. Thankfully I made the 5 foot putt for eagle. This M1 is a freakin weapon. I hit it as long as a 3 Wood and its much easier for me to keep online than any 3 Wood I've ever hit. Those 2 shots off the deck were as long or longer than any drive I hit that day. I think that's a testament to the excellent shaft in this missile launcher. I must say, its got me really interested in hitting one of the new Cleveland drivers that come with those C Kua shafts in them.

Makes me sad that they don't offer it in lefty

I agree but I also have to tell you that based on the distances I'm seeing out of the M3 (20.5*), the M2 (18*) could very well be a 3wood replacement for me. The Mashie's are just so dang accurate and so easy to hit. I think most people would shave some strokes off their game by adding these hybrids to the bag.

270 hybrid, WOW! Wind or no, thats big.
Yeah, thanks!

The thing is, this club performs best with a smooth tempo swing. The one time I tried to kill it, I topped it and hit a worm burner. It still rolled out 200 yards but you just don't need to overswing with this thing to get distance.

I actually forgot too about one other M1 moment. There was a short Par 4, slightly downhill but with a left to right wind. There was a creek that was out there that you needed 235 to clear. I had more confidence in the M1 than my driver to give this a go, and hit it decent (not perfect) and still found the other side about 245 yards in carry safe and dry.

You will be missing out if you don't try one. Trust me!

Can't wait to take a crack with this stick at the outing!

I agree but I also have to tell you that based on the distances I'm seeing out of the M3 (20.5*), the M2 (18*) could very well be a 3wood replacement for me. The Mashie's are just so dang accurate and so easy to hit. I think most people would shave some strokes off their game by adding these hybrids to the bag.

Yeah? I'm either considering the M3 or the R11 rescue.. Not sure about which I want to go with. I'd be tentative about trying a 2 hybrid once I get the 3. I really do need to replace my 3WD (or shaft).

I am heading to Edwinn Watts tuesday for some mashie time. I am also hitting the adams v3. Are they comparable clubs? I think the v3 might have had a stronger loft,but. I am not sure.

Got to use my mashie extensively during my range session. All I can say is...wow! My ball speed seemed ridiculously high. Everyone talks about a high ball flight but I was getting a mid-high and it was pure sexiness. Loves the shaft, and the face was Hot. When I hit this the first time - everything was topped and towards the toe. Today everything was squared and flying straight, far, and made me a happy m4 owner.

Tap before talk

Spring break for this teacher means 5 straight days of Mashiness. I cannot wait.

Used the Mashies a lot this weekend (mostly the M3) bit I noticed something. If you tee the ball a tad too high the piercing ball flight that the Mashie is known for disappears. Yes it's common sense that if you tee a ball higher if will naturally go higher but I thought it was worth noting that this even applies for the Mashie too.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Back