Hello from Iowa, land of the Hawkeyes!

Welcome to THP. My wife is originally from Council Bluffs, but I don't like to admit that as I'm a native Nebraskan.

What's a hawk eye? Isn't that just a part of a bird?
My favorite headline from 2010... "Iowa remains winless at TCF Bank Stadium".
enjoy the forum!

Cheers, welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, good to have ya.

Welcome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Mc, glad to have you aboard.

Howdy. Welcome to the wonderful world of THP. I'm a fellow Iowa resident in Fort Dodge.

wow DG I never knew this! We need to hit up a round with Hawk also.

Oh and welcome to THP! Representing Davenport IA here!

Hello all.

As many of the other check-in posts say, I came across this site looking for info on new clubs. I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the forum community and the amount of activity. It says a lot that I'm joining because this is the first forum I've joined in at least 5 years (I was in college the last time I actually posted on forums).

I live in Iowa. I'm a golfer primarily, but moonlight as an attorney. Although, if you were paying attention to how many hours I spend at each, as well as my skill level, you would probably think it's the other way around.

My local course is a 9 hole par 31, is full of crab grass, and is overall depressing. Thankfully, one of the best public courses in Iowa is only 40 minutes away, yet I've never played it. I'm not sure what my handicap is, but I typically play a little better than bogey.

Anyways, hello to you all, and hopefully I can add a little to this community.

Welcome. Would that course you are speaking of be The Harvester? It is one of the better courses I have played anywhere in the country.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Cedar Rapids here. Lefty78 - I agree that The Harvester is one of the best courses I've played. It's consistently ranked very high by the golf magazines as one of the best public courses in the country to play. The Ree Jones course called Blue Top Ridge in Riverside IA is also really nice as is Wild Rock Golf Club in Wisconsin Dells. All have been very highly rated since they've opened. We no longer have to go south for great courses unless we want to get away from winter.

Back