Thoughts on a VA THP get together.

Johnboy12.5

Reaction score
Handicap
Ghin 9.1
Some of us have hinted about getting together for a round of golf when a new member announces themself. THP is growing by leaps and bounds lately and quite a few of us are in or around VA. I'd like to hear some ideas from anyone that would be interested in a THP gathering for a round of golf & a little socializing. I'm thinking we need to plan something out 3-4 weeks in advance. So what does everyone think?

I would be able to participate if it fell on a Sunday. Busy season is picking up and I can see me working on most Saturday's through mid July. Definitely interested though!

I am about an hour and a half away from DC or 2 hours from B-more. I don't mind driving a couple hours either way.

I'm fine driving a few hours, but I guess it could depend on how many we have interested and where the majority would like to play.

well i work on a golf course so im pretty much working every weekend... guess that counts me out unless you guys play around here(virginia beach)

va beach might be too far for me...but its a va thing and you all can do as you please..but if you do it around dc...ish... i would be down...

No reason we can't have a weekend and a weekday outing for those that can make it. I set my own schedule so I'm flexible.

I'd be in on that as well. I'm about as south as you can be in the state but anywhere is fine with me.

I'd be in on that as well. I'm about as south as you can be in the state but anywhere is fine with me.

Last summer we were in Danville for the state bowling tournament and drove down to Bryan Park to play. If the NC folks ever wanted to plan something there I'd be up for that run again!!!

dc area has some great courses... heck if you want a true test of skills generals ridge is like the #3 most difficult course in the norva metro dc area and one of my faves

DC area would be good for some of our MD and PA guys as well. If we go south we could get some NC guys involved as well.

DC area would be good for some of our MD and PA guys as well. If we go south we could get some NC guys involved as well.

I'd be happy to do either or both. Keep the ideas coming and we'll figure something out sooner rather than later!

I would love this. Would rather not go to DC to play but we can find somewhere.

If people wanted to come to the Hampton Roads area I am friends with the owner of the golf course Riverfront in Suffolk. It is very nice. I could talk to him and see what he could do for us. Here is the link to the course if anyone wants to check it out http://www.riverfrontgolf.com/default.aspx?view=home

I am way over in Southwest Va, so, statistically, I am sure there are many more people towards the coast, or in Northern Va.

well i work on a golf course so im pretty much working every weekend... guess that counts me out unless you guys play around here(virginia beach)

What course do you work at?

I am with Pelly, no DC for me please. I think an early summer thing here in Hampton Roads would be awesome, give the other Virginians and others the oppurtunity to go to the beach or Williamsburg for the wife etc... I used to be a member at Riverfront, and I can vouch that it is a great course. To be honest though, I can pretty much be talked into anything that involves golf.

Last edited:
Hey I played there way back when.. I think before the big redo a few years ago

i havent been here too long but i hear the stories
there are new owners and they are gonna revamp everything
theyve even lowered the rates across teh board
ive played a bunch of courses here lately and we have the best greens by far
you should make a trip over before the summer rates hit

I'm not in Virginia, but if the schedule and location works, I would consider making a weekend trip out of it.

i havent been here too long but i hear the stories
there are new owners and they are gonna revamp everything
theyve even lowered the rates across teh board
ive played a bunch of courses here lately and we have the best greens by far
you should make a trip over before the summer rates hit
Yeah, I will have to do that, actually, might try to talk my buds into tomorrow, I am supposed to look around for a "new" place to play.....

Back