TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Did anyone notice the shaft he had in his R11??? Looked to be black near the grip and white the rest of the way down to the head. Perhaps a Fubuki Alpha or Tour????

This is from his last tourney, since we dont get surveys from WGC events usually.

TAYLOR (1; R11; 10.5; (TITA))
TAYLOR (3; R9; 15.0; (M))
TAYLOR (5; R9; 19.0; (M)) FUJIK (1; MOTORE F1 2.0; (GR))
ALD (3; RIP 90; (GR))
ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

This is from his last tourney, since we dont get surveys from WGC events usually.

ALD (3; RIP 90; (GR))
ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

What does the TITA stand for by the R11?

Titanium

The driver was played with the Motore F1 2.0

I have R11 driver, 3 wood and 7 wood......All I can say is white is right! These things are awsome..My worst habit was poor alignment...No mas......these clubs point you in the right direction if you are paying any attention at all.....learned this from my white putter (not TM...I had my SeeMore customized white)..same alignment success...Thanks Dave Stockton..As my ID bracelet reads..WWDD?..Thanks TM.....But lay off for a couple of years so I can enjoy these clubs!....I have my 2.0's already....NO 3.0"s or yellow woods for a while...The vault is empty!

I have R11 driver, 3 wood and 7 wood......All I can say is white is right! These things are awsome..My worst habit was poor alignment...No mas......these clubs point you in the right direction if you are paying any attention at all.....learned this from my white putter (not TM...I had my SeeMore customized white)..same alignment success...Thanks Dave Stockton..As my ID bracelet reads..WWDD?..Thanks TM.....But lay off for a couple of years so I can enjoy these clubs!....I have my 2.0's already....NO 3.0"s or yellow woods for a while...The vault is empty!

Its really not such a bad thing how they come out with new stuff, gives consumers a chance to have the latest and greatest at a reasonable price after awhile. All you gotta do is just wait until they come out with something new then wait for the sales.

ALD (3; RIP 90; (GR))
ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

Is that a 5 hybrid he was playing?

I mean this club, ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

I think that is just stating the shaft that is in the R9 5 wood. The 3 and 5 woods have the RIP shaft and the 1 wood or driver has the motore f1 2.0

I mean this club, ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

Maybe he rotates between fairway woods and hybrids? I honestly don't have a clue.

All I know is that he crushes his R11, lol.

This is how I see it but I could be wrong.

TAYLOR (1; R11; 10.5; (TITA)) (1; FUJIK MOTORE F1 2.0
TAYLOR (3; R9; 15.0; (M)) ALD (3; RIP 90; (GR))
TAYLOR (5; R9; 19.0; (M)) ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

This is how I see it but I could be wrong.

TAYLOR (1; R11; 10.5; (TITA)) (1; FUJIK MOTORE F1 2.0
TAYLOR (3; R9; 15.0; (M)) ALD (3; RIP 90; (GR))
TAYLOR (5; R9; 19.0; (M)) ALD (5; RIP 90; (GR))

I see now. Thanks.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't blown away by the TM Kingdom fitting experience and numerous TM reviews on this site. All the positive feedback for the new Taylormade products has this guy seriously wanting some first hand data.

I busted down the door at USPS today and asked to just pick up package, rather than waiting until this afternoon for it to be deliver. Here is my unboxing video + a few photo comparisons to what it will be facing off against on the launch monitor.

18909bdd-3c07-04f0.jpg
18909bdd-3c38-fba0.jpg
18909bdd-3c66-b185.jpg
18909bdd-3c7d-8b9b.jpg

Here are some photos of the R11 4 wood 17* compared to my 15* superfast. The R11 is exponentially better looking!

Tap before talk.

18909bdd-3c07-04f0.jpg
18909bdd-3c38-fba0.jpg
18909bdd-3c66-b185.jpg
18909bdd-3c7d-8b9b.jpg

Here are some photos of the R11 4 wood 17* compared to my 15* superfast. The R11 is exponentially better looking!

Tap before talk.

Looks great WM! I like the smaller head of the R11 compared to the SF.

Nice pictures War. Love the comparison pics!

Tap before talk.

War -- I bet that 4 - wood is going to be the bomb! If it's anything like the 7 - wood I'm testing, get ready for some serious distance with that #4. I would also imagine it will be easier to get in the air and control than a 3 - wood IMO. Looking forward to your take.

War -- I bet that 4 - wood is going to be the bomb! If it's anything like the 7 - wood I'm testing, get ready for some serious distance with that #4. I would also imagine it will be easier to get in the air and control than a 3 - wood IMO. Looking forward to your take.

I took a few swings out in the yard, and it makes me feel like I am MUCH more in control of it than the Superfast. If this thing is within 5-11 yards of my 3 wood...the superfast might fall victim to a white out.

Thanks for the update War. Yeah that head is much smaller than the SF which Im very pleased to see since I enjoy the compact look in FW's. Can't wait to hear how you hit it.

Thanks for the update War. Yeah that head is much smaller than the SF which Im very pleased to see since I enjoy the compact look in FW's. Can't wait to hear how you hit it.

Most definitely smaller. I thought I would prefer the larger clubhead, but after seeing these clubs together - I most definitely like the look of the more compact r11 head.

Good stuff W_M! I really hope mine arrives today as well.

The video is great too WM!!

As you all are well aware, I now have an R11. I was fit for a 9* head tuned down to 8* with the ASP set to closed to lower the spin and counteract my habit of battling a fairly bad push/slice lately. Today I was out on the R11 page on TaylorMade's website and noticed that they have an line interactive 3D tuning trajectory tool that I found very interesting and helpful in getting a little better understanding on what the different adjustments will do. This is going to prove very helpful to me as I work to integrate some great swing tips I was given by one of the fitters at the Kingdom. Once I can get these swing changes integrated into my swing I can then adjust the driver to respond accordingly.

Back