Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4B if you are anything like me once you have your eye set on a new club there is no turning back. I always find some way to get a club I want, whether it be selling off something I have in order to pay for it or whatever I need to do...my wife thinks if I want to make it to the 2012 demo day bad enough I would sell her off :D

There is a buy/sell/trade section.. :alien:

I have to get a new putter. STAT! All the good putts are used up in my ghost. Looking hard at the NC gamblers and seemore. I gotta do something soon. Missing everything. :banghead:

I have to get a new putter. STAT! All the good putts are used up in my ghost. Looking hard at the NC gamblers and seemore. I gotta do something soon. Missing everything. :banghead:

What kind of putter usually tickles your fancy? The NC Gamblers are super pure rolling. I remember them being a very good combo of soft but not too soft with a very nice sound off the face. And how can you resist getting a putter with "Sweetnuts" on it?

I am in the same boat Clam. I know I need to wait for the outing but damn I hate 37 putts a round until May

What kind of putter usually tickles your fancy? The NC Gamblers are super pure rolling. I remember them being a very good combo of soft but not too soft with a very nice sound off the face. And how can you resist getting a putter with "Sweetnuts" on it?

I like the idea of the custom mr Sweetnuts putter. I want more feedback and sound too. I just can't get the speed down this year with the ghost. Might be time to try out that custom design on NC's site.:clap:

===== QUOTE clam fist ====

===== /QUOTE ====

That's kind of personal aint it Kevin? Hehe

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I am in the same boat Clam. I know I need to wait for the outing but damn I hate 37 putts a round until May

Same here, but I want to be able to enjoy playing that course at the outing. I want to get something now and if I find one better at the outing....

Have you tried out the new white Cobra drivers, the S3? Will they be available in white for the ladies as well?

Betcha there is a bunch of guys on this forum pondering some TM/Cally gear!

Betcha there is a bunch of guys on this forum pondering some TM/Cally gear!

haha that's for sure. I'ld go Cally, only because I havn't had a Cally in my bag since the days of the big bertha. No knock on them, that's just the way it's gone.

Ya I`m pondering, problem is I don`t know what to ponder. HHMMMmmmmmm

Adams speedline F11 3 wood

Have you hit that club yet Jimmy? I have heard some real good things about it.

Not yet. I keep on hearing glowing reviews for this club... so it's on my radar. Hopefully I'll hit it thursday.

Not saying I'll purchase all this but Pondering:

Driver: Cleveland Ultralite, SF 2.0, R11, 910
Wedges: TM XFT's, Ping Tour-S
Putter: Ping Redwood Black D66, TM Daytona Ghost

I'm trying to make it so I have as few brands as possible, but not all 1 brand. I don't wanna seem like a staffer and would like to have perhaps 4 Brands at the most. 3 Would be ideal.

Not saying I'll purchase all this but Pondering:

Driver: Cleveland Ultralite, SF 2.0, R11, 910
Wedges: TM XFT's, Ping Tour-S
Putter: Ping Redwood Black D66, TM Daytona Ghost

I'm trying to make it so I have as few brands as possible, but not all 1 brand. I don't wanna seem like a staffer and would like to have perhaps 4 Brands at the most. 3 Would be ideal.

Alot of soild clubs right there! Have fun demoing them!

Dent, you should try out the CG16 wedges too.

Dent, you should try out the CG16 wedges too.

Hawk I actually had it in the wedges category but then deleted it. I just don't think I like the cavity on them. I don't actually like a cavity in any of my wedges but the Tour-S's are pretty busy in the cavity area so I don't mind them. You know when you look at a picture at a club and you think "Oh ya I'd hit that good" I just don't get it with the 16's. Might go with the 15s though.

Hawk I actually had it in the wedges category but then deleted it. I just don't think I like the cavity on them. I don't actually like a cavity in any of my wedges but the Tour-S's are pretty busy in the cavity area so I don't mind them. You know when you look at a picture at a club and you think "Oh ya I'd hit that good" I just don't get it with the 16's. Might go with the 15s though.

Hmmm the CG16 are the sweetest wedges I have ever hit! Good luck Dent finding your comfort wedge as it is an awesome feeling :thumb:

To each his own, but I'd hit them at least. I liked the xFT very much, but the CG16's are on a whole other level for me.

Really? How so?

Not to answer for Hawk, but I like the way they cut through the turf and feel pured. The CG16 wedges put a awesome amount of GOOD spin on the ball. I love the check around the greens and on full shots you better be careful, the balls spin back at ya like they have roller skates on.

Really? How so?

The slightly larger head and laser milled grooves are big confidence boosters for me and the added forgiveness really does come in handy. You'll have to wait for the review for a bit more on that. Also, they eat range balls for breakfast. I loved them at the outing from the first swing I took. Obviously, no club is for everybody, but I'd check them out.

The local golf store was unpacking the new e series tonight when I stopped in after work. Also saw the new Srixons out. I didn't pick any up though I was very tempted.

It must be new release week. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back