Masters ready...?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Those of us that watch this weekends WGC were treated to some great golf and 2011s first real drama in an event coming down the stretch. TW even showed up with his pearly whites in full view alon with his amazing golf game.
This morning I was watching Morning Drive and Tim R. stated that he felt Nick Watney was the favorite to win at Augusta and DJ had be taken seriously as a contender. Not sure I agree with the first. Doral Greens are large and basically flat with tons of grain. Augusta National seems to give you a small area to hit into.
Does a WGC win give Watney the edge for the Masters? Is Dustin ready to win at Augusta? Who do you like to win?

Those of us that watch this weekends WGC were treated to some great golf and 2011s first real drama in an event coming down the stretch. TW even showed up with his pearly whites in full view alon with his amazing golf game.
This morning I was watching Morning Drive and Tim R. stated that he felt Nick Watney was the favorite to win at Augusta and DJ had be taken seriously as a contender. Not sure I agree with the first. Doral Greens are large and basically flat with tons of grain. Augusta National seems to give you a small area to hit into.
Does a WGC win give Watney the edge for the Masters? Is Dustin ready to win at Augusta? Who do you like to win?

I saw this too. I would not say it gives Watney an edge but he has been playing great so you have to count on him. I know he is making the fantasy lineup.

I see someone that most is saying is washed up and will never win again. I'm so ready for Tiger to win and shutup everyone that is doubting him.

I think Watney has a shot, but Kaymer and Kuchar are playing so consistently I don't think you can count either of them out. I think Tiger is still too inconsistent to find his game in time for the Masters, but he came back last year after his lay-off and finished 4th. The Masters always seems to bring out the best in Tiger so we'll see. I am excited because I just recently got a 3D TV and the Masters is being broadcast in 3D again this year. I heard it really brings out the depth and elevation changes of the course when you are watching so I am excited to check it out.

I like Phil again along with Graeme McDowell, Tim Clark, Lee Westwood with Miguel Angel Jimenez & Bubba Watson as my dark horses.

I see someone that most is saying is washed up and will never win again. I'm so ready for Tiger to win and shutup everyone that is doubting him.

Same here. He's going through what they like to call on the tour his version of the "career lull". He'll bounce back once he ditches Sean Foley and gets back to his old swing.

I like DJ, Kuchar, Zach Johnson, Kaymer and Gmac right now heading into Augusta. If luke donald can find the fairway off the tee, I could see him getting off the major snide, Augusta requires precise iron shots into the pin locations, that's right up donald's alley

I am ready to see Tiger start winning again too. He brings so much more excitement to the tournaments. I don't see Lee Westwood doing well for some reason. He just seems to be off his game recently ever since he took that #1 spot. I think that is why he lost it so quickly. I didn't take into consideration some other young guys who could do very well at the Masters like Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler. Both of them have been playing very well lately and I think the Masters could bring out some excitement for the young guys. I don't know if Augusta is a good layout for Dustin Johnson's game.

I think by the end of this decade fowler will be in the running for the title of best player without a major. I think he cares more about putting 4 outfits together than he does about putting 4 rounds together

I'm thinking Kuchar may be my pick at Augusta now, but we will have to see as the weeks go on!

If I had to pick today...Kaymer would be my bet. It's just good to have so many strong players right now!!

I like Kuchar, Kaymer, Bubba, Phil and Dustin. Gotta thin Tiger will finish top 10, as Augusta alway brings out the best in him.....maybe he will even make it interesting on Sunday.

The announcers yesterday said that Whatney had to be a favorite for Augusta. But then again, don't they always pick the hot player at the moment (and tiger)? I like Kuchar, but would like him more if he went back to a std length putter.

I think Watney has a shot, but Kaymer and Kuchar are playing so consistently I don't think you can count either of them out. I think Tiger is still too inconsistent to find his game in time for the Masters, but he came back last year after his lay-off and finished 4th. The Masters always seems to bring out the best in Tiger so we'll see. I am excited because I just recently got a 3D TV and the Masters is being broadcast in 3D again this year. I heard it really brings out the depth and elevation changes of the course when you are watching so I am excited to check it out.

Kaymer and Kuchar are my pics for now

Kaymer hands down. The dude has been playing lights out this year the young guns will rise up at Augusta. I like DJ as my second pick.

I am ready to see Tiger start winning again too. He brings so much more excitement to the tournaments. I don't see Lee Westwood doing well for some reason. He just seems to be off his game recently ever since he took that #1 spot. I think that is why he lost it so quickly. I didn't take into consideration some other young guys who could do very well at the Masters like Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler. Both of them have been playing very well lately and I think the Masters could bring out some excitement for the young guys. I don't know if Augusta is a good layout for Dustin Johnson's game.

I too am a Tiger fan and want to see him become more competitive so we can get some real down and dirty golf going. There are so many talented guys on tour that it's really anyone's tournament to win, week in and week out. With TW being down for the past year or so the rest of the golfing pro have started to step up and make a claim to piece of that PGA Tour pie.

Damn Straight...when all these guys are on their game we are going to have some drama

If I had to pick today...Kaymer would be my bet. It's just good to have so many strong players right now!!

not gonna lie - Phil doesn't look good in my book...

I think Phil is not primed enough to be making a good run at the masters this year. I have a good feeling Kuchar will be up there along with some (i'm going to go for a long shot here) some Mark Wilson action.

I am so excited for the Masters coming up but it sucks it's going on right during exam time.

Kaymer hands down. The dude has been playing lights out this year the young guns will rise up at Augusta. I like DJ as my second pick.

Kaymer is a great pick I think he is the most consistent player week after week this year. I am becoming a big Dustin Johnson fan. He is exciting to watch because of his power, and he keeps coming so close to winning big tournaments but he doesn't let it get to him after he just missed those two majors last year. He was SO close to winning two majors in one season so he is a big name to watch. However, I don't think August plays as easily to a power hitter like Johnson. Tiger creams the ball pretty far, but even in his younger years he just had the ability to shape shots and do things that no other golfer can do that led to all those Masters victories. Johnson doesn't quite have that ability. I look for Johnson to be at the top of the leaderboard at the three other majors this year.

I'm a big Kuchar fan, but I don't see him handling the Sunday Masters pressure well...top ten, sure, winner, no. DJ fits the bill, and regardless of how they look right now, I'll take Phil and Tiger on my fantasy team for sure. I think the Euros will probably do very well.

I am really hoping that Bubba brings it to the Masters. I like this guys attitude and his personality a lot. Tiger will show, but the win is not in the cards yet. Luke could be a contender if he leaves his driver in the club house.

I'm looking at GMac or Donald to take it

I personally think that either Kuchar or Donald will in this year at Augusta. Both are hitting their irons accurately and putting well thus far.
Go Kuchar and USA!

Back