Cleveland Classic Putters - I am now a believer...

Mustng5

Reaction score
Handicap
I have used a Nike Method for the last 8 months and before that I had a Cameron, but the other day I went into Golfsmith and told myself I was going to leave with the best feeling putter, I putted with almost everything they had in there for about 2 and a half hours and the best feeling putter....was...an all black Cleveland Classic 2, and for the last two days I have putted lights out with it. I think it was 80 bucks, I went back and bought another one just for a back up.

Those CC's are awesome putters.
I tried out the bronze ones this weekend with the insert, and man are they soft and smooth and awesome!
If they didn't have the silly twist in the neck that prevents the face from lining up straight, I would have bought one.

Last edited:
Those CC's are awesome putters.
I tried out the bronze ones this weekend with the insert, and man are they soft and smooth and awesome!
If they didn't have the silly twist in the neck or w/e I would have bought one.

That putter feels great!!!

I was golf galaxy last week, trying out this putter and it is quite nice. I am thinking about changing to it.

They are great putters and are a steal at the price they want for them. Cleveland could charge twice as much for those putters and they would still be worth every penny.

I haven't had the chance to test one, but a fellow club member had one in his bag this weekend and I was really liking the look of it.
Perhaps I should add one to my collection. :act-up:

Glad to hear that you found the putter for you. I absolutely love the CC #3 I have. It made me a believer and I will admit that I was a little skeptical.

Glad you found something that fits you well

I really want to try one, but they only have one model for left hand. I like the model available, but I would have liked to test the options. I'm really liking my rossa, it would be tough to push it out of the bag.

Tried one out last weekend wish I would of bought it then. Will be going back this weekend to buy it.

Great you found a putter you like. My back up putter is a CC#1 and I really like it.

I have been very intrigued by this putter..... more so by the price

Those bronze classics are sa-weet. If I didn't love my current putter...

One thing I noticed about those bronze ones is that the insert seems to be 'floating' in the face of the club.
Does anyone think that might be an issue on rainy days / if grass gets stuck there and you have to pick it out?

thats awesome that you bought one as a backup...do you break putters often?

I have a CC #2 as a back up putter! It is wonderful! I actually got it for $40 due to our local golf store closing. I had been looking at it for a while, and that just gave me the extra incentive! It's amazing how great the feel is with these.

thats awesome that you bought one as a backup...do you break putters often?

Probably more for when you get annoyed with your current putter. For example, I keep a Nike ignite mallet as a back up putter. I can sink putts all day long with that thing however I cannot stand to look at it for long. It has to be one of the ugliest pieces of metal that have come from Nike ever. So I keep it because it works and I use it on courses I've never played before for ease of use but the Fontana ghost still gets the majority of play time.

One-T is saying that because he has a back up putter of the same model/brand as his main putter. It is not a different putter for if he gets annoyed with his.

How does the finish on the copper or black models hold up over time?

I got a satin finished #2 for xmas and I really love this putter. My putting game has never been better honestly, i feel like I have a lot more control.

I have recently put the Classic #3 in my bag and it is working really well. My normal choice is a mallet type putter so this is a major change for me. The #3 rolls the ball quite well on short to mid range putts. I'm having a little problem getting the longer putts dialed in. Same issue with a mallet etc. so it means more practice.

I have thr same one, Gray. Its really a great putter. Excellent feel and puts a very nice roll on the ball. It will take something very special to remove it from my bag.

I have recently put the Classic #3 in my bag and it is working really well. My normal choice is a mallet type putter so this is a major change for me. The #3 rolls the ball quite well on short to mid range putts. I'm having a little problem getting the longer putts dialed in. Same issue with a mallet etc. so it means more practice.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Back