Official NBA Thread

There are few team who could keep up with Miami (Boston can't) in a transition game, but get them in a half court set and force them into jump shots and they are screwed. Their lack of size and depth is a weakness that is glaring in that scenario.

Agreed. Transition they shine but half court would be tough and the East is nothing to sneeze at this season. The bulls are tough, celtics are tough (even after trading Perk), Magic are tough and to be honest I dont think the Knicks are quite there yet but I still would not want to play them in the 1st round.

Agreed. Transition they shine but half court would be tough and the East is nothing to sneeze at this season. The bulls are tough, celtics are tough (even after trading Perk), Magic are tough and to be honest I dont think the Knicks are quite there yet but I still would not want to play them in the 1st round.

The east is the better conference this year. Boston, Chicago, Miami, Orlando are 1-4, as much as it pains me to say it being a Magic fan. It will be interesting to see what happens when playoff time comes and things become more and more about half court sets. No team has ever been able to run and gun 7 game series and make it to the finals.

I think Boston gives Miami trouble because of their experience and coaching. Chicago is scrappy and Rose is slowly becoming a top 3 PG, but they're young. Orlando gives everyone trouble given Howard in the middle and he has been in full beast mode as of late. Their inconsistency at the 1-2 or 3 on any given night is what will ultimately do them in. Boston is getting old like it or not, and the only team their glaring weakness will shine (lack of a center) will emerge against Orlando, but that can be said about any team that faces them outside of maybe L.A. The stars would need to align for one team to make a clear run, cause each one has had it's problems against one or more of the big 4 in the east.

The east is the better conference this year. Boston, Chicago, Miami, Orlando are 1-4, as much as it pains me to say it being a Magic fan. It will be interesting to see what happens when playoff time comes and things become more and more about half court sets. No team has ever been able to run and gun 7 game series and make it to the finals.

I think Boston gives Miami trouble because of their experience and coaching. Chicago is scrappy and Rose is slowly becoming a top 3 PG, but they're young. Orlando gives everyone trouble given Howard in the middle and he has been in full beast mode as of late. Their inconsistency at the 1-2 or 3 on any given night is what will ultimately do them in. Boston is getting old like it or not, and the only team their glaring weakness will shine (lack of a center) will emerge against Orlando, but that can be said about any team that faces them outside of maybe L.A. The stars would need to align for one team to make a clear run, cause each one has had it's problems against one or more of the big 4 in the east.

I tend to agree that the East is tougher than the West and I think it has been quite a few if not several years since we could say that. I am a Lakers fan and to be honest the West is not a done deal with the way they were playing going into the all star break. The lakers have the habit of thinking they can turn their game on and off like a light switch but it doesnt work like that. The Spurs can challenge the Lakers. The Mavs are better this year even though I still dont think they play enough defense. And to be honest the Thunder can push any of those top 3 teams in the west. All I can say is we should have some great playoff matchups in the early rounds let alone the conference finals and NBA finals.

I guess Prince James should have chosen Chicago!!

I guess Prince James should have chosen Chicago!!

Their PG, PF, C, and Bench are better than anyone the Heat has. James on Chicago and they very well may have eclipsed the 72-10 mark. He's an idiot.

Lakers putting it on the Magic tonight , I know they lost to Miami a few days ago, but I think they are hitting their stride.

Their PG, PF, C, and Bench are better than anyone the Heat has. James on Chicago and they very well may have eclipsed the 72-10 mark. He's an idiot.

I thought that from the beginning redbird, but most people down here were saying "Lebron didn't want to play in MJ's shadow". I think MJ's been gone long enough for the next superstar ie. Derek Rose to step in without the "shadow" hanging over them.

Lakers putting it on the Magic tonight , I know they lost to Miami a few days ago, but I think they are hitting their stride.

Agreed but then what (if anything) do we make of the blowout the Lakers had over the Spurs a couple of weeks ago after the Spurs blew out the Heat but then the Heat handled the Spurs tonight. Like we have said plaoffs wil be interesting but the Lakers are beginning to look like the team we thought they would be when this season started.

Agreed but then what (if anything) do we make of the blowout the Lakers had over the Spurs a couple of weeks ago after the Spurs blew out the Heat but then the Heat handled the Spurs tonight. Like we have said plaoffs wil be interesting but the Lakers are beginning to look like the team we thought they would be when this season started.

Yeah Brian, the NBA season is a long one and it seems that there's no rhyme or reason to some of the results, but I think you are right, I'm not sure anyone can beat the Lakers 4 out of 7 games.

Yeah Brian, the NBA season is a long one and it seems that there's no rhyme or reason to some of the results, but I think you are right, I'm not sure anyone can beat the Lakers 4 out of 7 games.

fair point especially if the Lakers bench shows up. I have said the Lakers are a dangerous team and over the last few seasons have been the best team in basketball when they show up and play. The problem is they do not always show up and play...

fair point especially if the Lakers bench shows up. I have said the Lakers are a dangerous team and over the last few seasons have been the best team in basketball when they show up and play. The problem is they do not always show up and play...

Very true. It's like sometimes they kind of mail it in during the season, then turn it up in the playoffs. Maybe this summer Kobe will actually give his body time to re-coop.

Couldn't find the dang NBA thread on my phone and I know it's here somewhere.....

I'm not a real big basketball fan, but I like how the Mavs are about to be up 2-0 for the series on the lakers. And about to beat them 2 straight games on their home court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumped for bridges.

Bridges you must be a happy camper today. It looks like the Lakers have just up and quit. They did this during the regular season a couple of times but they don't usually do it during the playoffs. I think they expected to beat the Mavs once again and coast into the Western conference finals. I hope Dallas closes them out in 4 or 5 games.

Fair weather Mavs fan checking in!!

Fair weather Mavs fan checking in!!

Hey welcome to the bandwagon. I don't get on it till the playoffs either.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

I looked for this thread yesterday and couldn't find it either, thanks for putting it where I could find it. I have been a Mavs fan since they entered the NBA the same year I moved to Texas. This may be their year to win it all. I have little faith in the officiating or the NBA itself. Ever since the Donaghy scandal broke I find myself questioning everything that happens. Is David Stern fixing trades to shore up the Eastern Conference? Probably. Do the officials decide games and series? Yes they do. Even with all that I still watch and might just make it to a few home games at the AAC.

The Lake Show is about to be swept, say it aint so! My money is on Dwight Howard being in Purple and Gold next season.

My money is on Dwight Howard being in Purple and Gold next season.

Next season? Really?

Howard's current contract runs through the 2012-13 season, but he could utilize an early termination option and become a free agent after next season.

The Lake Show is about to be swept, say it aint so! My money is on Dwight Howard being in Purple and Gold next season.

Sorry you might lose that one....

Glad Boston has the heart of a champion to show up for game 3 and show they are not out of the series. I am baffled by the Lakers performance in game 2, 3 and definitely game 4. The series was pretty much over after they got blown out at home in game 2 after losing game 1 with a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter. But to come out in game 3 and lose another lead and then game 4 to get outscored by 20 points in the 2nd quarter when your season is on the line is just a disgrace. There is no heart, urgency or any other terms that define a team that has been to the Finals 3 straight seasons. The Mavs deserve to win the series and have a spot in the western conference finals. Glad other teams showed up to make the playoffs interesting.

Next season? Really?

Howard's current contract runs through the 2012-13 season, but he could utilize an early termination option and become a free agent after next season.

I thought he could opt out after this season. I swear I heard espn radio talking about in the past weeks! I guess I was Mis-informed

I would like to congratulate the LA Lakers for losing with such dignity. Thank you Andrew Bynum for proving what most already knew.

I would like to congratulate the LA Lakers for losing with such dignity. Thank you Andrew Bynum for proving what most already knew.

Add Mr. Kardashian to that list also, Lamar Odom. Cheap shot artist. Howard cannot move until after next season except by trade. If Orlando is smart they will get something for him instead of nothing like Cleveland did with LBJ.

I watch maybe 6-7 mavs games a year on tv until the playoffs come on, then catch about 2-3 quarters of each game during the playoffs. So basically just your average bandwagon fan, glad they beat the Lakers. Hopefully it continues.

Back