White Cobra S3 Driver

Oliv

Reaction score
I just saw that Cobra is offering in a limited edition the S3 in white. Cobra were the first before Taylormade to release a white driver with ZL limited edition that Ian Poulter put into play. They are now doing it again and for those that like a white driver, this one is quite appealing.

1217720124_Wb2pb-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THP had pics of this up from the PGA Show. They are still in our PGA Show section of the site.

Neither were first at doing a white driver. But the timing of this one is intriguing to say the least as was the ZL.

Unless the price has dropped on this one I dont think it will sell very well. I know for the white ZL driver they wanted like $600.

Wow that S3 is really sweet....I think the white ZL is the best looking white driver though. Saw it at the PGA Shoe and pics will never do it justice

THP had pics of this up from the PGA Show. They are still in our PGA Show section of the site.

Neither were first at doing a white driver. But the timing of this one is intriguing to say the least as was the ZL.

The timing is a very interesting thing. I get the feeling they were afraid to jump head first into the white clubhead market and now that they are seeing the success TM is having with it they have decided that now they want a piece of the pie.

My bad if I'm off on the white driver timeline, may I ask which company was the first to release a white driver?
About the release timing, when the ZL was released, with all the buzz around the white TMs, the limited edition did feel like a like a marketing way to beat TM to the white out. Now that the S3 comes in a white limited edition also, it starts looking like a trend, may be a way to accomodate both type of players, those that prefer the more classic black and those that prefer white. This would be much less extreme than the TM approach which opted for white and only white.

My bad if I'm off on the white driver timeline, may I ask which company was the first to release a white driver?
About the release timing, when the ZL was released, with all the buzz around the white TMs, the limited edition did feel like a like a marketing way to beat TM to the white out. Now that the S3 comes in a white limited edition also, it starts looking like a trend, may be a way to accomodate both type of players, those that prefer the more classic black and those that prefer white. This would be much less extreme than the TM approach which opted for white and only white.

There have been smaller companies doing white for a long time. Bang put one out quite a while ago. Cobra did come to market right before TM with the limited ZL, ironically it was right after the Villegas leaving Cobra to go to TM story was broken by THP. I think many thought it was done to take the wind out of the TM launch of white (which everybody knew was coming). In a twist of fate, it actually made people look twice and they said "I kind of like the white driver".

I hope you dont mind, I changed the picture on your original post with a larger one and one from THP.

when I saw the pics of this during THP PGA Show coverage I thought it was a great looking driver. I still really like the look of it. After hitting the R11 rescue I have no problem hitting a white club.

Looks like a much shiner finish than the Taylormade offerings. Wonder if glare is an issue?

Looks like a much shiner finish than the Taylormade offerings. Wonder if glare is an issue?

It is definitely a little more glossy when we were working with it at the show.

Pretty driver and I like the white better than what I had imagined. Maybe Cleveland will go white :D

Pretty driver and I like the white better than what I had imagined. Maybe Cleveland will go white :D
Spoken like a true insider :D
How are you liking the 7 wood?

Spoken like a true insider :D
How are you liking the 7 wood?

Check out the Cleveland driver & fairway wood thread. I got some good stuff in there :thumb:

I hope you dont mind, I changed the picture on your original post with a larger one and one from THP.

Not at all, these pics look much better.

Unless the price has dropped on this one I dont think it will sell very well. I know for the white ZL driver they wanted like $600.

Pricepoint is 349.99 from gppgolf.com. I think it's a solid offering - my buddy is breaking down doors trying to order one of these things. He is a 21 yr old, hybrid of ole gray's loyalty and the build of Tiger Woods' photo from the Morgan Cup thread...the kid is a freak of nature.

Sweet looking club if the S3 white gets into the $299.99 range good possibility I might buy one.

Sweet looking club if the S3 white gets into the $299.99 range good possibility I might buy one.

I believe it's limited edition and will sell for 349.99 - which means I doubt it will drop in price unless it really stinks on sales.

Pricepoint is 349.99 from gppgolf.com. I think it's a solid offering - my buddy is breaking down doors trying to order one of these things. He is a 21 yr old, hybrid of ole gray's loyalty and the build of Tiger Woods' photo from the Morgan Cup thread...the kid is a freak of nature.

Limited Edition or not, it had the same shaft offering in it as the regular version and for that, its way overpriced.

I believe it's limited edition and will sell for 349.99 - which means I doubt it will drop in price unless it really stinks on sales.

Im still waiting to see when the white limited ZL's start selling for a couple of hundred dollars. I know they did not sell out of them, in fact were not even close we were told.

Limited Edition or not, it had the same shaft offering in it as the regular version and for that, its way overpriced.

So it basically an upcharge for paint scheme only? Pass. Not a great strategy

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Not sure. I hope not. My guess is that the white driver will have a different shaft, but the one I picked up had the same one in it.

What shaft does the original S3 have. This seems a little off to not have different shaft on a limited edition club, let alone one with that price point.

It's got a Fujikura Blur in it...and I agree which is why I think this is a bad idea. It's like buying a limited edition car and the only thing that's different is offering a different paint scheme than what's being offered on the other models. So I'm gettign the same performance but am being charged more to just appear different?
What shaft does the original S3 have. This seems a little off to not have different shaft on a limited edition club, let alone one with that price point.

I've seen numerous reports of a new aldila rip. Other reports are the motore speeder.

Tap before talk.

Back