TaylorMade Speed Stik Preview

Definitely not short enough to swing indoors. It's 46 inches long. The swingspeed seemed right on to my normal swing.

Really interested with this one Hawk, I can see myself buying this one. Any word on the MSRP?

Last year when I first saw the taylormade site that they sale these on I saw this and have had my eyes on it. Very curious to hear what you think. I have a speed sleeve but this is more pimp.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Oops. I brain-skimmed and forgot to post a price. I saw it for 139.99 on TGW.

I am very intrigued by this...I cant wait to hear your review.

I use a swing speed radar. My goal isn't to accomplish top speed. I use it to help promote consistency. Since I can use it while hitting golf balls, I can tell that an 86 mph swing that hits the middle of the fairway is better than a 97 mph swing that slices 50 yards.

i like the looks of it - very interesting!

i tried this thing a while ago and its kinda fun to see how fast you can get it!!

I'm intrigued.

Wasn't Vijay using something like this a few years ago?

This is NOT a new training device! You are right, Vijay endorsed the "Speed Stik" and I have a blue one in my bag. Taylormade must have bought the company who made them, painted them white and will sell a cargo ship full of them.

Review - The swing speed gauge is within 3-5mph of an expensive launch monitor and is useful. Vijay and the dvd that came with mine strongly suggests swinging it backwards (left handed for most) and try to get your two swing speeds within 10 mph of each other to avoid an imbalance of strength. If you try to swing this heavy stik for 10 minutes, you'll realize you don't have the strength you thought you would. Mine has an awkward larger baseball style grip that took some getting used to but was fine to use after a time or two. Also, the 48" length was tricky to swing more flat so it wouldn't hit the ground. That is the idea with this though - to not swing too upright and to engage your bigger muscles, - legs, core and to stretch the back. It is a perfect stretching tool to use before each round given its length and strength. Swing it for a minute each direction and you'll be loose and warm and ready for the first tee if you're in a hurry.
I didn't get a fancy bag with mine but a couple scratches don't affect its performance at all. I believe they were selling for around $80 or 90 when I bought mine on ebay a while back. I would imagine the white paint will cause them to be at least $100.

I'll be interested in watching what becomes of these.

"This item is discontinued and sold out."
Dang it!

I would really love to get one of these. It would be a great pre-round workout for the courses w/o a range.

The link you gave shows a product that is discontinued and not for sale any longer. I'm not sure that it matters whether or not this is a new product or if TMag purchased the design from another company. Maybe the old company underpriced them, didn't make enough money, and that's why they chose to sell the design. Who really knows? In the end, I'm reviewing this product as it is today, white paint and all.

I would really love to get one of these. It would be a great pre-round workout for the courses w/o a range.

I've found it very useful for that purpose so far. A course that I play pretty often does not have a range, and to be honest, I often don't warm up on the range if there is one.

This device still intrigues me.

Aside from the swing aid characteristics of this, I'm really thinking that this could be the perfect warm up tool. The extra weight seems to loosen me up pretty quickly and I've found that it's helped me get the feeling of my driver swing quickly before a round when I don't get out on the range, which is almost always. It fits perfectly in my bag, which is helpful too. One thing that continues to impress me is the way that it lets you know when you've reached the max speed in your swing. It's a good tool to see if you are releasing at the right time.

Aside from the swing aid characteristics of this, I'm really thinking that this could be the perfect warm up tool. The extra weight seems to loosen me up pretty quickly and I've found that it's helped me get the feeling of my driver swing quickly before a round when I don't get out on the range, which is almost always. It fits perfectly in my bag, which is helpful too. One thing that continues to impress me is the way that it lets you know when you've reached the max speed in your swing. It's a good tool to see if you are releasing at the right time.

Is that when it starts to whistle? Mine came in today, but I tested it at midnight. It was accurate on speed (93-94 mph) but I wasn't paying attention to release. It also was a little workout - I could see this thing warming me up in a matter of minutes.

Tap before talk.

Yea, it's kind of a little whistle sound.

Is that when it starts to whistle? Mine came in today, but I tested it at midnight. It was accurate on speed (93-94 mph) but I wasn't paying attention to release. It also was a little workout - I could see this thing warming me up in a matter of minutes.

Tap before talk.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Back