TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

I honestly cant remember the specifics so Im not even going to try and guess. I have to drive about 3 1/2 hours to get on a good LM but I'll do my best to try and free up some time and get down there so I can get some #s up.

No worries man, looking forward to your thoughts when you hit it on the course.

Got my Burner SF 2.0 HT today. You have to remember that my swing speed is usually 85 mph, but with this club at the demo I was in the 90 mph range. Hit a small buck of balls with it today. From the distance that I was getting I was about 10 yards farther on carry than my old driver, so 90 is probably still correct. It was rather cold today so there is probably hope for more carry on the range balls as the temps go up. My first impression is that it is the straightest hitting club that I have ever owned. This black face is really nice for seeing exactly where you hit the ball so I was able to make some small adjustments and get into the sweet spot easily. Great club for me and my slow swing speed that's for sure.

Got my Burner SF 2.0 HT today. You have to remember that my swing speed is usually 85 mph, but with this club at the demo I was in the 90 mph range. Hit a small buck of balls with it today. From the distance that I was getting I was about 10 yards farther on carry than my old driver, so 90 is probably still correct. It was rather cold today so there is probably hope for more carry on the range balls as the temps go up. My first impression is that it is the straightest hitting club that I have ever owned. This black face is really nice for seeing exactly where you hit the ball so I was able to make some small adjustments and get into the sweet spot easily. Great club for me and my slow swing speed that's for sure.

Glad your enjoying it. Yeah Im sure you'll definatley see an increase in distance as the tempurature rises and probably even a little more with your regular ball instead of the beat up range balls.

Thanks for chiming in ope, you have to be pumped right now- longer and straighter, isn't that what we're all after? Good luck with this driver and keep us posted!

I'm pretty sure Martin Kaymer is putting a 2.0 in his bag this week. Has anyone else heard this?

I'm pretty sure Martin Kaymer is putting a 2.0 in his bag this week. Has anyone else heard this?

Yeah I saw it on Facebook the other day. By the way, how do you put the companies actual logo on your signature? Thanks!

Yeah I saw it on Facebook the other day. By the way, how do you put the companies actual logo on your signature? Thanks!

Put the name of the company wrapped in semicolons :name: :taylormade:

Ahhhh thanks!! :D

Every time I hit the 2.0 against the R11 the 2.0 is the clear winner. Which I would not have thought before they came out. Another surprise to me is that I don't mind the stock shaft either. For as light as it is it's feels pretty stable. Definitely considering putting one in the bag.

Kaymer is playing the R11 this week

I think I remember seeing that the Matrix Ozik HD6 and HD7 are available as a shaft option in the 2.0. I have tried finding the specs on these two shafts but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any info about these shafts?

I need to know if there is a huge difference between SF and SF TP. I really want this driver and hit the SF TP real well. Just don't know if there is THAT much difference in the shafts that the TP would look soo much better on the monitor.

Does anyone know? My spin rate was @ 3300 with the TP, what are the chances the regular SF will be much different?

I need to know if there is a huge difference between SF and SF TP. I really want this driver and hit the SF TP real well. Just don't know if there is THAT much difference in the shafts that the TP would look soo much better on the monitor.

Does anyone know? My spin rate was @ 3300 with the TP, what are the chances the regular SF will be much different?

Well the differences your going to get with the TP is a heavier shorter shaft. A 1* open clubface with a weighted toe to help promote a fade bias and a slightly heavier head. So taking all of that into consideration I would say there would definatley be some significant differences.

Gianna, the 2.0 TP is actually quite a bit different from the standard 2.0. The TP version sits 1 degree open and has a weight port in the toe to promote a fade shot shape. Also it is a shorter club and you would then have the choice of many different TP shafts if you went that route.

I am about to ask you a generally stupid question since you don't know me or my game but what do you think, is the TP worth it? I would actually prefer a closed face at address adn would like to draw the ball rather than fade it.

I am about to ask you a generally stupid question since you don't know me or my game but what do you think, is the TP worth it? I would actually prefer a closed face at address adn would like to draw the ball rather than fade it.
I'll answer this....for you, it's probably not worth it. If you prefer a closed face and a draw then you would most likely be better off with the regular version, just because it's not TP doesn't mean it's crap. Try them both and I'll bet you'll like the regular version better.

After getting fit for and hitting an R11 for an entire weekend I went back to the BSF 2.0 and WOW is it ever light! You almost forget about the weight of the club when it's the only driver you're swinging, and it's not like my R11 is heavy by any means, but the 2.0 is indeed very light!

Thanks! I mean it is the shaft that dictates spin rate and launch angle, is it not? I can always upgrade shafts later. I am going to hit them both side by side and see if there is a huge enough differnece. I am hoping that there isn't!

Thanks for the response!

Just wondering since I have yet to hit both the TP and Reg. 2.0.... I've seen the visual differences and shaft, but how about the overall playability of both?

Is the Superfast 2.0 TP a lot harder to hit than the regular model? I love the looks of the TP and the 45.5 shaft is much better for my height. I would possibly even take it down .5 to get a little closer to what I am used to hitting.

I can crush the 2.0 Reg into a net 10 feet away, but that doesn't give me the feedback I want. I have to choke down on it to feel like I have control of the club and I don't like the setup as much as the TP.

Any thoughts?

I have to say that after trying everything possible not buy a Taylormade and especially not a white Taylormade this club is outstanding. The feel off the face is great and for me the shaft length is no problem as Im 603 and it feels fine. I had it outside today for the first time and the flight of the ball was med high which is good for me as I have a really high flight with some drivers. I honestly do think the white head and black face does help with alignment. I truly believed that their drivers were way overhyped but I do admit at least for me, the performance of this club is for real.

Alright, as everyone on here knows I was one of the lucky winners of the Kingdom trip last weekend and I was fit for and given a new R11 driver. That hasn't changed the fact that I am indeed reviewing the Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver. Twice now at the range I've compared the BSF 2.0 and the R11 side by side and here's what I can tell you about them. First of all WOW is that BSF 2.0 light. I'm telling you it is like you're not even holding a club it's so light even compared to an R11 which is lighter than most other drivers I've used. Other than the weight the big differences are 1. the depth of the BSF 2.0 face and 2. the shape of the club head. The depth of the face is going to require you to tee the ball up just a tad bit higher, doing that really helped me launch the ball high and straight. The shape of the head is much different as well, I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I mean it's not "bad" just different. Today the R11 went first and after hitting quite a few good in a row I was ready to tee up the BSF 2.0 and bombs away. The ball flight is considerably higher with quite a bit more carry, I wasn't seeing a whole lot of run out after it landed because the range was a little wet and soft yet. I imagine that during the summer or in warmer/drier climates this will result in a nice high flight with plenty of roll out. My ball direction was similar to the R11, slight baby fade or straight, never did I hit one left but that's just my shot direction, I can't argue with it and have really come to like that flight. If I really really tried hard I could get the ball to go left but it surely isn't a shot I'd trust in a real round. One quick thing to note, the BSF 2.0 is every bit as long as the R11 was for me, but one thing that I found was that I did miss a couple shots with a pretty big push fade that most likely would have resulted in some serious issues on the course. It didn't happen real often, probably 2 out of every 10 balls. I had a guy from my golf course hit this on the range in comparison to his R9 that he says he struggles with a fade on and he hit 3 balls right in a row dead straight. Can't argue with that! Did I mention how light this thing was? Wow!

Nice write up P4B. Some very good comparative information, thanks for sharing.

That's the regular 2.0, right, Jake? With the stock 45 gram shaft? Stiff I presume? The R11 is intriguing with the gadgets, yet I want to hit the ball higher than I have been the last couple years, and am worried the R11 is more a low launcher.

Kevin

That's the regular 2.0, right, Jake? With the stock 45 gram shaft? Stiff I presume? The R11 is intriguing with the gadgets, yet I want to hit the ball higher than I have been the last couple years, and am worried the R11 is more a low launcher.

Kevin
You are right, regular (not TP) Burner SuperFast 2.0. This is 9.5 degrees and believe me, it goes high....really high if you want it to. I have the stock 45 gram stiff shaft in it. Hearing your comments you may want to give this thing a run, maybe the TP model for you if you don't think you'd be crazy about the added length in the regular 2.0 shaft. Check em both out, I can't wait to hear what you go with. If a high ball is your goal this club is probably for you.

Back