IOmic Grips for Woods/Irons Reviews

SoonerChris

Reaction score
Handicap
For those of you playing Iomics in your woods/irons, what are your thoughts on them vs., say, NDMCs? How is the durability? Are they worth the extra cost?

Last edited:
Anyone?

I tried the Iomics for my irons and they were just not for me. I know there is a thread on them somewhere where quite a few really liked them.

I have the white Iomic grip on my driver and I love it. I have only played one round with it, but I am definitely a fan! I will have the same grips put on all my woods and hybrids. I am currently deciding if I am going to go with the Iomics for my irons as well or if I am going to go with the PCIs. Again, I can not speak on the durability aspect of these grips, but they feel fantastic!

I used to use NDMC grips and I have gone to Iomics. The feel is a little softer than the NDMCs and the wear is better. That might help you justify why they are a little more expensive.

A scratch golfer at our course was talking to me about his the other day. He has all really nice equipment and has used many grips over the years. He said he absolutely loves these grips. He says they last longer which to him justified the added cost and are so much easier on his hands. He used to have cracks really bad but they have disappeared since changing.

I'd really like to find out more about these grips as well especially at the price they sell at. Would hate to put out that kind of money and not like them!

A scratch golfer at our course was talking to me about his the other day. He has all really nice equipment and has used many grips over the years. He said he absolutely loves these grips. He says they last longer which to him justified the added cost and are so much easier on his hands. He used to have cracks really bad but they have disappeared since changing.

Thats interesting KellyBo, I know I have played with a few grips that can rough your hands up pretty good especially if your playing frequently.

I will say they are worth the cost for a driver, maybe 3 wood & hybrids. Just handling the grip before it was on my club I could tell a HUGE difference in the "strength" of the grip. They advertise "low torque" as in a toed shot won't open the face as much with an Iomic grip and I can believe there is some truth to it. I have put on probably over 100 grips and probably 20 different brand/types and nothing else is like these. I can't speak to how many rounds or seasons to expect out of a grip but I believe that it will hold up as long as I keep it clean and not let it dry out in my garage over the winter.

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I need to get a single for my R11 and give it a try.

Back