The Golf Channel - Morning Drive

merged w/ another thread on the subject.

Had a chance to watch the show yesterday and it wasn't bad. I listen to morning sports radio every morning, this was entertaining and informative.

I missed Tiger this morning, and apparently hes coming back at 835, but Ill be on my way to work by then. Dangit.

I find myself in a much better mood when I wake up at 5:00 a.m. with Morning Drive rather than the ultra-depressing news channels I used to watch.

I find myself in a much better mood when I wake up at 5:00 a.m. with Morning Drive rather than the ultra-depressing news channels I used to watch.
I'm with you. Great way to start the day. The show has grown on me, I really enjoy it now.

Tiger Woods 2012 looks awesome. I am definitely picking that up so I can play Augusta.

Tiger Woods 2012 looks awesome. I am definitely picking that up so I can play Augusta.

It was obvious that he was missing those putts on purpose. Theres not a glowing gold circle on the green for no reason. And ignoring it with the cursor is a bit much lol. It looks sick though.

From the iPhone.

Did everyone see what Captain Azinger tweeted today? He's FINALLY going to be on "Morning Drive." Can't wait to hear what he has to say. I've been bugging Gary Williams to have him on. And OF COURSE that is why he is going on. Pfft. HAHAHA Don't miss it.

Here is what he tweeted:

@PaulAzinger‎: I'm booked for 7:32am on Tuesday the 19th with @gcmorningdrive on Golf Channel.Give them a flw and maybe a Q or 2 you wish they wld ask me

I watch this every morning before work, love it

I have found myself turning it on in the morning too, I have about 20 minutes to watch and usually it is right about the time they bring in a player guest. I wasn't sure about it at first because Kasilias was arguably my least favorite ESPN radio personality. But it has grown on me and so has he, a little. Gary is really good I think but is a little too intense sometimes. He is better when they are laughing some. Am I the only one who thinks Kasilias looks like Lou Ferrigno?

I have found myself turning it on in the morning too, I have about 20 minutes to watch and usually it is right about the time they bring in a player guest. I wasn't sure about it at first because Kasilias was arguably my least favorite ESPN radio personality. But it has grown on me and so has he, a little. Gary is really good I think but is a little too intense sometimes. He is better when they are laughing some. Am I the only one who thinks Kasilias looks like Lou Ferrigno?

I wasn't too thrilled by this show when it started out, but I've grown to like it. I was turned off initially because of Kuselias, I couldn't stand him when he was on ESPN, either on TV or the radio. It helps that Gary Williams in on the show, because you can tell that he really knows the game, which helps offset Kuselias who I still don't think appreciates the nuances of the game all that much. They also showed Gary playing the renovated Pinehurst #2 with Ben Crenshaw the other day, he has a pretty good swing! The guests are getting better as well as the show gets its footing. However, I don't need to see extra editions of this show before they show big tournaments, it's just too much. It's not really "Morning Drive" when it comes on at 2 PM before coverage of an event, right?

I have decided that I really only enjoy this show during the segments when they have guests (and certain guests at that). During these segments, they seem to ask some questions that are not typically asked by other interviewers. These segments are pretty insightful and have a touch of "lightness" that seems appropriate for that early in the morning.

On most of the other segments, however, I wish the producers would make some changes. Often, I feel like I am watching two school-girls bicker/argue about which boy they want to be prom king. I don't mind the disagreement; that is actually enlightening. I am just not a big fan of watching two grown-men bicker like that.

Last edited:
I cant decide if I like the show or not. I've been listening to it using my slignbox everyday at work, but still cant decide. I know that I enjoy the CNBC segments with Nicole Lapin though :)

I bounce back and forth from the Morning Drive to Mike and Mike....then once I get in the car, it's Neal Boortz....

I can't believe all y'all didn't like Kuselias -- I actually miss him filling in on Mike and Mike.

MD is one of my favorite morning shows. EK and GW have good chemistry and they aren't afraid to ask the questions. Holly Saunders is a great distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Azinger is going to be on the Morning Drive show tomorrow at 8:10 a.m. (EST) until the end of the show... I think. Should be informative and entertaining. I'll be watching, as usual.

What's Your Song?

What's Your Song?

On "Morning Drive" the guys always have the guests select a song to intro them with. What would your song be and why? :music:

I'll need to think about this for awhile, although some of my ex-boyfriends might say "Miss Misery" by Nazareth is perfect for me.

On "Morning Drive" the guys always have the guests select a song to intro them with. What would your song be and why? :music:

I'll need to think about this for awhile, although some of my ex-boyfriends might say "Miss Misery" by Nazareth is perfect for me.

Boring days and lonely nights huh? :p that song has a great intro though.

It's a toss up for me, shinedown "I dare you" or 5 finger death punch "far from home"

--
tapatalk

^ dude you would have to rock the headband as well. I haven't heard that tune in such a long time.

--
tapatalk

It was a good show this morning with Gary talking about looping for Rory in the pro am. I have a new attitude toward Rory watching some of the highlights. Pretty cool video of "Whats in the bag" as well.

How are the ratings doing for the show?

i watch on and off.. i like it

its very well done with a nice combination of choreography and off the cuff moments...its not something I have to record though

Back