The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, By the way, tonight, you guys all find out who's your sponsor! Just sayin'

Dude I barely slept! Again!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be insane and I'm jumping around at my desk. Not literally. Well not right now at least haha.

uh, By the way, tonight, you guys all find out who's your sponsor! Just sayin'

Can't wait to see who is gaming what tonight. It should be very fun to see, especially if somebody is currently playing lots of equipment for one company and gets picked for the other one.

You guys are going to be stoked tonight to see what company you are playing for :blob:.

Can't wait to see who is gaming what tonight. It should be very fun to see, especially if somebody is currently playing lots of equipment for one company and gets picked for the other one.

that would be the case for me if I was picked for Callaway. Right now there is a lot of TM in my bag. It's a win-win, both companies have great equipment and apparel on the market.

You guys are going to be stoked tonight to see what company you are playing for :blob:.

I have a feeling today is going to go by extremely slow! I can't wait for tonight

that would be the case for me if I was picked for Callaway. Right now there is a lot of TM in my bag. It's a win-win, both companies have great equipment and apparel on the market.

I have a feeling today is going to go by extremely slow! I can't wait for tonight

I'm the same way with a lot of TM in my bag right now, but no matter which company is picked, I'll be thrilled to represent them!

I can't wait for tonight either...I got home from work last night at 3:30 AM, and I'm already up this morning, can you tell I'm excited? Being able to watch the NCAA Tournament and go to the range as well are the only things that will help me pass the time.

Being able to watch the NCAA Tournament and go to the range as well are the only things that will help me pass the time.

now that sounds like a great day!

How can you go wrong being sponsored by Callaway or TaylorMade?? I will be thrilled either way as these are the two companies I have played the most equipment wise as well as two of the top three current product lines in my eyes.

+1....that should make for an interesting transition

Oh I am sure they would "suffer" through having to make the change. hehhehe

it happened to Camillo :alien:

All I know is after we find out I plan on going and hitting a bunch of TM/Cally equipment this weekend. May even buy a pair of shoes from them.

All I know is after we find out I plan on going and hitting a bunch of TM/Cally equipment this weekend. May even buy a pair of shoes from them.

I think it's a great idea to go and hit a bunch of stuff from whoever your sponsor is. Good luck tonight ddec.

What's funny is that getting into this tournament has really simplified my plans for demo days this spring, I'm really just going to be looking at one company. I'll still hit some other companies' stuff, but I may go the TC route and do some shaft fitting in preparation.

That's a pretty good idea. I have worn adidas golf shoes, but never callaway. Will definitely be looking at some callaway gear this weekend if I am selected by them. I have already told the wife we are going to Richmond saturday, so we will be going by golf galaxy. I am so pumped for tonight!

I don't have any gear from either TM or Callaway in my bag. So it will be entirely new for me. I used to have a TM 3w in there years ago.

Whomever I end up reppin' I will do so proudly!

Tappin to the oldies

I can't wait for tonights big announcement. I'll be happy and honored to represent either company as they both have amazing gear.

Does anyone else just smile when they think, type or say "my sponsor" or "the company I'm representing" etc.? Crazy to think that after tonight we'll be part of the TM or Callaway staff! I plan on spending some time this weekend at Golf Galaxy going through all of my sponsors current gear (at least stuff that's been released and is available here in Pittsburgh).

As for match ups, I honestly haven't given it too much thought but I'm sure I will after the teams are announced.

The way I see it is that being that all those clubs were in the 2010 product lineup. I would assume both companies will want to use new 2011 products, such as RAZR and for TM Tour Preferred. I dont know if anything is pre-release, because at that time of year, I am not sure what will be done. But the Diablo Edge line I cannot imagine would be there.

And this is probably the most intriguing post and thing to think about in all this sponsor talk.

This hasn't been brought up a lot but once we find out who our sponsor is I'm going to start playing their balls alone for the whole golf season. I'm going to find the ball that is right for me, and quite switching balls all the time and get used to one ball only. They both make great balls so it doesn't matter but I will stick to one ball for the whole year leading to the event.

This is a great idea and something that I've been thinking about as well. I've played the Penta TP in the past and have really liked it, but I don't have much experience with Callaway balls. I personally think this is the most important piece of equipment to get used to if it's a change from what you're currently gaming.

This hasn't been brought up a lot but once we find out who our sponsor is I'm going to start playing their balls alone for the whole golf season. I'm going to find the ball that is right for me, and quite switching balls all the time and get used to one ball only. They both make great balls so it doesn't matter but I will stick to one ball for the whole year leading to the event.

you are right, that is a great idea. I'm sure I will put a lot of time in with the different types of balls throughout the summer and find one that works the best for me.

So who has been making up their dream bag for each of the sponsors? hehe

Dude that's genius. I may have to do that as well!

Great idea, I guess its bye bye Pro V1x's after tonight. Its either Tour I(s)'s or Penta's.

So who has been making up their dream bag for each of the sponsors? hehe

not me, we all know I would never get ahead of myself.

really the last day or so has been checking flights and working on where to stay and what not. I can't lie, I have been to the TM/Cally/Reunion websites about 100 times since Tuesday afternoon.

Keep in mind, that you do not know what is coming up for either company. In fact the iron sets Burner 2.0, Diablo Edge and Diablo Forged, I can pretty much guarantee will not be a part of it.

wow! I didnt even THINK of that! Amazing!

definately a WIN-WIN!!

Yea i have played with the pentas, but not the tour burner line at all. And for callaway - ive hit some older ones - but def not the newer ones. Probably a good idea to switch now, you are correct!

Gonna be a day!! i have to work (took off tuesday) but i would love nothing more than to crack a beer - watch some hoops - and see JB/GG spin the wheel!! But i am going to be at work - before i leave will you have an ETA so i can sneak away and peek at who my sponsor will be? Im dying to know too!!

who has free texting? pm me:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back