Titleist 910 Vs. Taylormade R11

So both are obviously great clubs. So which style do you guys prefer? The sweet new white club heads, or the sleek all black club heads?

I agree with this. I hit a friend's D3 w/ RIP last night and it's a great club. The thing I like about the R11 is how it frames the ball with the white crown and black face.

Both have their plusses and minuses. Im not sure for my game I would put either as the best option out there, but fitting is definitely the key for them.

I like the R11 and the 910. However, I don't get the spin with either driver that I get from my Supertri. That spin increased my carry and increased my accuracy. I like the R11 a lot, but I won't buy one.

I couldn't get used to the white head. I guess I'm a traditionalist.

You couldn't as in, "I tried it and just couldn't get used to it." or "I won't even try one because I probably couldn't get used to it." I did not find any problems with the white crowns on the Taylormade stuff.

You couldn't as in, "I tried it and just couldn't get used to it." or "I won't even try one because I probably couldn't get used to it." I did not find any problems with the white crowns on the Taylormade stuff.

I personally love the new style and hope to pick one up in the next year. I'm just anxious to see what is next in the world of club styling.

agreed, i love the white but wouldnt play a red or orange driver.

Taylormade did go away from the burnt orange heads for a reason... I believe the FireSole was the last orange one they produced, I owned it very briefly but traded it striaght up for a Titleist 975J

I personally love the new style and hope to pick one up in the next year. I'm just anxious to see what is next in the world of club styling.

Taylormade did go away from the burnt orange heads for a reason... I believe the FireSole was the last orange one they produced, I owned it very briefly but traded it striaght up for a Titleist 975J

Ironically if they came back out with an orange head and marketed them correctly, we would all be here saying "I can play orange, but Im not sure about if they came out with white"....heheheh

Ironically if they came back out with an orange head and marketed them correctly, we would all be here saying "I can play orange, but Im not sure about if they came out with white"....heheheh

Very true JB. Its all about whats hot and how well they are able to market them.

I think with good marketing, people would play a hot pink head or any color out there.

I think with good marketing, people would play a hot pink head or any color out there.

Sounds like something Rickie Fowler would try to match with his outfits.

Sounds like something Rickie Fowler would try to match with his outfits.

I am waiting for that day to come. I think it will within the new few years.

We have a poll at work that there will be a pink one made for Paula Creamer. I don't ever see them producing this for the masses though. If at all.

We have a poll at work that there will be a pink one made for Paula Creamer. I don't ever see them producing this for the masses though. If at all.

You never know. I didn't see the white club head coming either. Its just where they think they can make money.

A lot of great input so far guys. Thanks. I'm definitely gonna have to get my hands on both in a launch monitor setting where I can get a true reading on which fits me best.

Well said dmb. With good marketing anything will sell.

I am starting to worry that the only thing people are focusing on with the R11 is the color of the crown. There is a lot of other stuff happening with that club that makes it different than many of the other drivers out there.

I am starting to worry that the only thing people are focusing on with the R11 is the color of the crown. There is a lot of other stuff happening with that club that makes it different than many of the other drivers out there.

I think that is true with the general public, but a "serious golfer" notices the other features it has to offer. It is a great driver and the white is just a sweet accent feature.

I started this thread to get info on the clubs and then it switched over to club styling. Either way the R11 is still an awesome club whether you are looking at the style or all of the the amazing adjustment features.

I have not had a chance to compare, maybe somebody would know, the spin rates off of the 910 and the R11. I am sure that the numbers are different on the 910 D2 & D3. But I did notice that the R11 produced very little spin.

I have not had a chance to compare, maybe somebody would know, the spin rates off of the 910 and the R11. I am sure that the numbers are different on the 910 D2 & D3. But I did notice that the R11 produced very little spin.

Yes that what I keep coming up with when I look up stats on both (both producing low spin). I would definitely focus on either the D3 if I were to go with the Titleist 910 due to club head size and ball flight. I really just want to hit both and see which fits me best.

Yes that what I keep coming up with when I look up stats on both (both producing low spin). I would definitely focus on either the D3 if I were to go with the Titleist 910 due to club head size and ball flight. I really just want to hit both and see which fits me best.

Why? Not disagreeing with you, just curious for your reason.

Why? Not disagreeing with you, just curious for your reason.

Totally basing this off of when I test hit the 909's. I liked the look so much better at address with the D3 and on the launch monitor I hit the D3 with a great ball flight and actually 20 yards farther. The D2 for me had a lot of excess backspin and seemed to balloon into the air killing my distance.

Totally basing this off of when I test hit the 909's. I liked the look so much better at address with the D3 and on the launch monitor I hit the D3 with a great ball flight and actually 20 yards farther. The D2 for me had a lot of excess backspin and seemed to balloon into the air killing my distance.

I would definitely test out the 910s first. While they are not my first choice for the year, they are very different than the 909s in my opinion.

I would definitely test out the 910s first. While they are not my first choice for the year, they are very different than the 909s in my opinion.

JB in your opinion what are some of the differences, just curious?

JB in your opinion what are some of the differences, just curious?

The entire package is different. Even if you get past the aesthetics that are completely changed, the sound is 1000000% better. The adjustability is there as well for fitting. But the feel at impact and ball flight (depending on shaft) is completely different from what I saw out of the 909. I also feel as though the 910 added some forgiveness higher up on the club face and lower on the club face as I thought the 909 had virtually none. To me it is like saying someone tested the R11 by hitting the original R9. Just very different drivers.

The entire package is different. Even if you get past the aesthetics that are completely changed, the sound is 1000000% better. The adjustability is there as well for fitting. But the feel at impact and ball flight (depending on shaft) is completely different from what I saw out of the 909. I also feel as though the 910 added some forgiveness higher up on the club face and lower on the club face as I thought the 909 had virtually none. To me it is like saying someone tested the R11 by hitting the original R9. Just very different drivers.

Ok. Thanks for the input JB. I just haven't had the opportunity to hit the newer drivers out there.

Back