junior lefty

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.6 OOB
I am planning on redoing (new paintfill, grip, shorter shaft) my rossa Daytona 1. When I first got it, they didn't give me a headcover, and when I idd get one it was too late. There are scratches on the black paint, not chips, but scratches. Is there a paint that I can use to cover these up? And don't worry, when I start redoing I'll be sure to put up pics of the progress.

Last edited:
I use Testors enamel paint. Use a toothpick, and apply a small amount at a time. Wait for it to dry, then apply another coat if needed. Wipe the excess off with acetone and a rag (nail polish remover).

If you want to remove all the paint then let the putter soak in a bowl of acetone for a while then use a toothpick or toothbrush and carefully remove the paint.

This works for me and I paint my clubs a lot

Thanks for the reply, and I'll post some pics tomorrow when it is regripped, but will this work on the outside of clubs too? I plan on keeping it in the headcover, but will this paint come off easily?

Cool thanks guys. I want to try to make my putter look like new.

I would be careful with acetone and putters with inserts. I use this to redo my clubs and I don't know what kind of effect this will have on any bonding angents.

Don't worry, I was thinking the same thing. I'm just going to touch up the paint chips with a little paint and redo the paint fill. Actually I'll put pics up of my putter with it's grip in about 5 minutes. I picked a blue/black lamkin because of the feel, and I'm very pleased with how it looks against the red of the putter.

EDIT: Pictures!!!!

Before cutting and regripping:
IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

After:
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

As you can see, I took off 3 inches from the shaft so it plays like a 32" now.

Sorry that the pictures are blurry but the lighting is horrible in my room. When I redo the paint fill in a day or two, (depending on when I get the paint), I'll post some better quality pictures.

Great stuff there! Have fun with the paint filling. I think blue fill would look great with the grip.

I'm thinking blue too, but I'm not sure how it would look with the black. Maybe blue and white alternating to give it some light coloring?

I'm thinking blue too, but I'm not sure how it would look with the black. Maybe blue and white alternating to give it some light coloring?

I think you have a great idea there.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

32" dang thats pretty short haha. Good luck repainting it.

Back