Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
This is a press release:

CALLAWAY INTRODUCES HX DIABLO TOUR AND
HX DIABLO GOLF BALLS

New Golf Balls Engineered for Scoring with a Premium Feel

CARLSBAD, Calif, March 17, 2011 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the retail availability of its new HX Diablo Tour™ and HX Diablo™ golf balls. These new entries to the Callaway golf ball portfolio have been developed for discerning golfers seeking a high performance golf ball from an authentic and trusted golf brand. Engineered to deliver exceptional performance characteristics, HX Diablo Tour optimizes distance, feel and control in a 3-piece ball, while HX Diablo – a 2-piece golf ball - promotes greater distance and accuracy off the tee.

“In developing the new HX Diablo Tour golf ball, our aim was to combine the best elements of the popular HX Bite and HX Hot Plus, said Steve Ogg, Vice President of Golf Ball Research and Development, Callaway Golf. “We leveraged the best technology from both predecessors to engineer a ball that offers both distance off the tee and excellent greenside control.”

True to its innovative heritage in the golf ball category, Callaway delivers several advanced technologies in the HX Diablo Tour balls. A Power Reaction Core features a soft center that gradually firms toward the core perimeter, creating less spin off of the driver for more distance and more spin when using shorter irons for optimal greenside control. Additionally, a soft Ionomer outer cover offers golfers the all-important feel around the greens, and is coupled with an Advanced Dupont HPF™ inner cover, which is constructed to increase ball speed.

Callaway’s HEX Aerodynamics™ patented technology replaces conventional dimples with a tubular lattice network and produces 100% surface area coverage on a golf ball. Dead space between dimples can cause inefficient ball flight, so Callaway Golf uses HEX geometries to cover the entire ball to reduce drag and cut through the air with a strong, penetrating flight in all weather conditions.

The new HX Diablo golf ball is a 2-piece ball that incorporates a proprietary core technology that is highly resilient, but features measurably low compression. Combining these core elements produces high ball speeds for long distance off the tee, and likewise the soft feel off the clubface that many golfers prefer. HX Diablo’s Ionomer outer cover helps keep driver spin low to maximize distance and, similar to the HX Diablo Tour, HEX Aerodynamics reduce drag for stronger ball flight.

“We are thrilled with the performance of this high technology 2-piece ball,” says Ogg. Golfers will be impressed with the distance characteristics of all clubs and the amazingly soft feel. I believe that players will not find a better performing 2-piece ball at this price.”

The HX Diablo Tour and HX Diablo golf balls are now available at retail and on www.shop.callawaygolf.com. HX Diablo Tour features a new product introduction retail price of $25.99 per dozen, while HX Diablo’s new product introduction retail price is $19.99 per dozen.

About Callaway Golf
Through an unwavering commitment to innovation, Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) creates products and services designed to make every golfer a better golfer. Callaway Golf Company manufactures and sells golf clubs and golf balls, and sells golf apparel, footwear and accessories, under the Callaway Golf®, Odyssey®, Top-Flite®, and Ben Hogan® brands in more than 110 countries worldwide. For more information please visit http://www.callawaygolf.com/ or http://www.shop.callawaygolf.com/.

HXDiabloTourgolfBall.jpg

HXDiabloTour_Cutaway_2011.jpg

HXDiablo_02_2011.jpg

Hmm hopefully my pro-shop will pick up some of those 2 ball sample sleeves. I would like to know how they feel.

I have some of the Diablo balls that I got from demoing the Razr Hawk Driver. Feels nice off the putter, haven't put them in play yet. I'm real interested in the Diablo Tour, could be my ball for Morgan Cup.

I'm never played a whole lot their ball offerings but the Callaway Diablo Tour intrigues me....interesting to see if THP can get these in for testing

Back