JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the items THP got a chance to look at at the PGA Show in January was a wedge company by the name of Carnahan Wedges. These sleek and elegant designs were something that had me pretty excited and we were thrilled when we heard that they would be participating in the 2011 THP Demo Day for forum members to try out and report back on. They arrived today and we wanted to put some pictures up.

1219427009_qVB9t-L-1.jpg

1219428481_FrkwP-L.jpg

1219427938_BogT4-L.jpg

1219428292_fm4q2-L.jpg

Just a view of the top line for those that like that.
1219427294_xBaox-L-1.jpg

1219427452_63KXL-L.jpg

1219427634_DgWjE-L-1.jpg

1219436263_pSWC7-L.jpg

Great looking wedge, I'm looking forward to spending more time with wedges at this outing, I'll definitely be checking these out! Thanks for the pics!

that is a nice clean looking wedge. The top photo makes it look a little thick to me but that could be camera angle. I'm looking forward to trying this one out. I've never heard of that company before. I also like how the back of the club is kind of bare, no funky designs or anything.

I like. Simple and elegant. No useless badges or colors. Just a wedge. I like that in a wedge. Other clubs can be flashy, but a wedge is a working club... it should be more utilitarian.

What is the pricing on them? Any other details you can share?

that is a nice clean looking wedge. The top photo makes it look a little thick to me but that could be camera angle. I'm looking forward to trying this one out. I've never heard of that company before. I also like how the back of the club is kind of bare, no funky designs or anything.

That's just what I was going to say! That is a nice looking wedge!

I noticed these on the demo day page. Cool! Looking forward to them.

One of the best looking wedges out there.

From the iPhone.

These look nice, I really like the finish.

That is a very nice looking wedge. I really enjoy the pear shaped head. That style of wedge head always seems to give me more of a feeling of being able to attack my wedge shots for some reason, glad to hear they are going to be put in the lineup even though I wont be there haha. But atleast my fellow THP'ers will get a chance to give them a go.

• Admin
I like. Simple and elegant. No useless badges or colors. Just a wedge. I like that in a wedge. Other clubs can be flashy, but a wedge is a working club... it should be more utilitarian.

Here is their history and website for more info.

http://www.carnahangolf.com/wedges/vintage/

The price I believe is around $90

thats a great looking club...they do look a bit "thicker" for lack of a better term, but I love the design of them.

Very elegant wedge indeed. These look like the would "feel" so smooth.

Clean looking for sure, remind me somewhat of my Bridgestone WC wedges.

I started out with a set of Pinemeadow Golf clubs. The people there were very nice (I'm sure they still are) and Chris was one I would ask questions of. Always very courteous and helpful. And I loved the design of his clubs. I was just on the Pinemeadow website and noticed they don't sell his clubs anymore, but I did also notice that in one of your pictures, it has "PMG" stamped on the hosel(?). I wonder if that means Pinemeadow is still involved in the manufacture of the clubs. Do you know, JB?

I started out with a set of Pinemeadow Golf clubs. The people there were very nice (I'm sure they still are) and Chris was one I would ask questions of. Always very courteous and helpful. And I loved the design of his clubs. I was just on the Pinemeadow website and noticed they don't sell his clubs anymore, but I did also notice that in one of your pictures, it has "PMG" stamped on the hosel(?). I wonder if that means Pinemeadow is still involved in the manufacture of the clubs. Do you know, JB?

It does stand for Pinemeadow Golf and that I am sure is the reason

Took these out to the range today and have to say was pretty impressed. Extremely versatile wedge that has a really nice and soft feel to it.

The topline reminds me of my Callaway Forged. Thicker, but very clean. I like.

They look great, i love that clean look

You would probably like scratch wedges and bridgestone west coast design stuff then, if you don't already have it in your bag (sorry I didnt look at your sig before posting lol)

These wedges seem to have a really odd shape to them. Almost like a Smaller really circular teardrop. Are they smaller compared to a standard wedge size JB?

These wedges seem to have a really odd shape to them. Almost like a Smaller really circular teardrop. Are they smaller compared to a standard wedge size JB?

Not really Dent. Seem quite similar. I will take a couple of pictures today if you would like of a couple of wedges next to it.

I'm going to be $100 bucks these don't come in lefty!

Sure that would be great. Thanks!

Here are 3 pictures with the Carnahan wedge and a Vokey wedge from 2010.

63cdcce1-4a09-27fb.jpg

Same size it appears
63cdcce1-4a23-39ac.jpg

63cdcce1-4a52-2c00.jpg

Thanks JB, guess you are right. As I look at the first pic I think I just thought that because if you look at the topline of the Carnahan it has a much more severe drop towards the hosel than the Vokey does. I think that's what made it look smaller.

Back