TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Sounds like a sweet club... But the heel-biased placement of the alignment (sic) graphic bothers me from here! I can't help but suspect the engineering department at TM is cringing from what must be an error.
I noticed the weird placement in their latest advertisement. I thought it was a Photoshop mistake!

it really doesnt look bad at address, looks worse in pics than it actually is, when i use it to line up i hit it in the middle of the face so its not off by much. Doesnt bug me one bit, i would rather have a awesome performing and looking club with the alignment aid a little off than a OK club with the best paint in the world lol

Maybe it's just me but I don't even notice the alignment aid when I'm over the ball. Once the club is behind the ball I'm locked in.. But that could just be me

Maybe it's just me but I don't even notice the alignment aid when I'm over the ball. Once the club is behind the ball I'm locked in.. But that could just be me

i hear ya, i dont notice it right before i hit but as soon as i put the club behind the ball and when lining up the shot thats the only time.

it really doesnt look bad at address, looks worse in pics than it actually is, when i use it to line up i hit it in the middle of the face so its not off by much. Doesnt bug me one bit, i would rather have a awesome performing and looking club with the alignment aid a little off than a OK club with the best paint in the world lol

You know I have started wondering if it is slightly back on purpose. Cause when you take all the research that has been done on amatuer swings the majority of ams seem to miss on the toe. So maybe its R&D genius haha, make them line up a little back and pherhaps they can hit the center of the clubface, just a thought lol.

You know I have started wondering if it is slightly back on purpose. Cause when you take all the research that has been done on amatuer swings the majority of ams seem to miss on the toe. So maybe its R&D genius haha, make them line up a little back and pherhaps they can hit the center of the clubface, just a thought lol.

That's what I'm thinking too mate.

Rex and 10yard seem to rock with it pretty good, but I know every time I use that alignment I end up stubbing the shot off the heel and it kills the distance. I'm willing to bet it's there on purpose, TM's engineers seem to be pretty on the ball so I don't know how they would miss it.

Good reviews guys! Love the mud shot 10YD and I'm impressed at how easy the white cleaned up afterwards. Very cool.

Rex and 10yard seem to rock with it pretty good, but I know every time I use that alignment I end up stubbing the shot off the heel and it kills the distance. I'm willing to bet it's there on purpose, TM's engineers seem to be pretty on the ball so I don't know how they would miss it.

Good reviews guys! Love the mud shot 10YD and I'm impressed at how easy the white cleaned up afterwards. Very cool.

Idiot shots just do not show up on this thing. You can scratch it, but use one of those white eraser sponge things and the scratches become near invisible. I am totally in love with the white now. Heck, I might even need a white putter.

Thanks man, it really does clean up amazingly easy. Im also very impressed at how tough the white paint is, i was totally expecting a idiot mark when i skyed those 2 shots to test it out but nothing but the little chips like they all do. That is the last time i will ever try to sky a ball on purpose lol, i felt like i should be arrested for doing that

Good stuff blu.....I've found the same thing so far as well...but when you catch it right it's an awesome club regardless of the higher ball flight

I took my first outside swings of 2011 today. I went to a covered range and took 3 clubs. I Took my 7 iron, driver, and the recently received Taylormade Rescue 11 23.5* hybrid. 10-12 balls with the 7, 10 with the driver, and then it was onto the 5 hybrid.

First impressions: I play 2 hybrids normally. I am used to how they look at address. However, I am not used to seeing a hybrid head on a 5-iron length shaft. That took a few swings to get used to. I had to learn how far off the ball to stand at address, how far forward would the ball be in my stance at address and the weight of the club where the hardest to get used to. As it turns out, placement in the stance and distance away from the ball at address were the same as a normal 5-iron, go figure. The white crown was not an issue at any point in my session with this club. Repeat, the white crown was not an issue at any point in my session with the club. I did not find the white to be distracting or overly helpful. It wasn't a bad thing, just not that big of a deal. However, the most positive thing I can say about the club at this point is the audible and tactile feedback. The sound and feel are special. I was asked by other golfers at the range if the feel was as good as the sound. It is. The confidence I got from that sound was palpable. I wanted to reproduce that sound. Hitting the club flushly was always rewarded.

Performance: My 5-iron is my 175 club. My driver swing speed is 94-100. I could not tell what kind of distance I was getting with the club. Between the snow on the ground and on the trees at the end of the range, it was hard to tell how far I was hitting the club. Plus, I never trust range balls. I will say that the ball flight was very nice. I did not find the club to produce a balloon or a knuckleball. Just a nice medium-high flight that seemed to carry a while, a product of backspin I believe. I have a feeling that going into greens on par 3s or long 4s will be easy with this club. The only concern I have with the club is that I seemed to hit a lot of draws and even some hooks. I understand that is probably a result of the fonzanoon swinging the club, but I do not usually hit a draw with my 5-iron. I weakened my grip at address and that seemed to straighten the ball out. The last ball of the session was a very nice gentle draw that seemed to carry a ways down range.

Warning: This is not an overly forgiving club.
There is a definite sweet spot. Since it was the first range session and I was getting used to the 5-hybrid, I had a few bad swings. They were not forgiven by the club. I would not recommend this club to high handicappers looking for a hybrid.

I like what this club produced as far as ball flight and feedback. The only gripe I have with the club at this point is that it is a 5-hybrid and I am not used to it. Hardly the clubs fault. I saw some nice results with it, being the first session of the year. There will be many more sessions and rounds with the club. I did not find the club to overly forgiving, but that is probably more on the indian, and less on the arrow.

Does THP have many head to head comparrisons to see how this New hybrid from TM compares to the Adams hybrids which seem to have that part of the equipment area locked up. It use to be TM had a great Rescue hybrid but it seems to have never gotten anty better then the original series. JMO.

I play Adams hybrids in a 3&4 hybrid. I am testing a 5-hybrid Rescue 11. I can't go head to head, but I can say that I love Adams hybrids. I wasn't a fan of the Rescue 09 or the Mashie. The head is a larger on the Rescue 11 than on my Adams. The Rescue 11 isn't as tall as the Rescue 09. I am a much bigger fan ofthe Rescue 11 than the 09. Unfortunately I can't put and Adams head to head to the Taylormade. But I will say that if you are a fan of Adams and their hybrids, give the Rescue 11 a few trial swings.

Just read all the reviews and you guys are going a great job. Sounds like a really nice hybrid, and it looks fantastic. Keep up the great work.

Good stuff blu.....I've found the same thing so far as well...but when you catch it right it's an awesome club regardless of the higher ball flight

I think that they higher ball flight may make it easier going for and holding greens. I have always found hybrids tend to roll out after coming down. I have a feeling :taylormade: was try to make the head a high spin option for those players who want to go after greens with 3-4-5 hybrids. We can thank YE Yang for that.

Dang, you guys, you are really making me jealous! I've still got two days until mine arrives. Excellent reviews so far!

Dang, you guys, you are really making me jealous! I've still got two days until mine arrives. Excellent reviews so far!

haha sorry man, its worth the wait i can promise you that

Hey folks,
Earlier in this thread, the question of preference over R11 to Raylor was posed. I tested both in a sim as I was going to "upgrade". Raylor won in distance, and accuracy. Could be because I am used to it. I lost about 10-15 yards with the R11. It is really nice though, makes a nice sound. I like the RIP it has in it too. Raylor won out for me though. It woudl be interesting to test lie and tee playability between the two. I think the Raylor would win out still. Just thought I would offer my sim biased opininon. I am going to hit these outside this week.

The Raylor is a fantastic club. I have not hit one in a long time. I wish I could give you a better piece of feedback.

Today I noticed that the alignment T logo is still inside center. Not as far as it looks in the OP(could still be the same), but still considerably.

I will have to look closer at mine. I didn't notice any problems with the alignment logo.

Yup. Loved my 5-hybrid so much I went out and bought the 3 & 4 Rescue 11s. Money well spent.

Yup. Loved my 5-hybrid so much I went out and bought the 3 & 4 Rescue 11s. Money well spent.

Look at that!! Congrats man, that's quite the purchase!

Hit my TP 3 & 4 last night. They are very solid, but I'm am not quite convinced that they are better than the Adams Pro's that I have been hitting.
I'm putting them in play this weekend and hoping for the best!

Well apparently your testing club has made quite the impression on you haha. Im glad that this line of clubs is working well for you man, congrats on your new purchases.

Hit my TP 3 & 4 last night. They are very solid, but I'm am not quite convinced that they are better than the Adams Pro's that I have been hitting.
I'm putting them in play this weekend and hoping for the best!

Did you hit the TPs before buying them.

Well apparently your testing club has made quite the impression on you haha. Im glad that this line of clubs is working well for you man, congrats on your new purchases.

Yeah they left a very positive impression. But I am still testing the hybrids. I still want questions from the THP universe. The good thing now is that I have a 3&4 Adams Hybrid to test against these Taylormades.

Yeah they left a very positive impression. But I am still testing the hybrids. I still want questions from the THP universe. The good thing now is that I have a 3&4 Adams Hybrid to test against these Taylormades.

I know you mentioned it before but Im being lazy, what Adams are you playing...Idea pro's or something like that?

Back