Playing With ________ Girl Or Guy.

played with silent bob today... literally
his name was bob and he didnt have much to say... hahaha
really nice guy tho
i did get him to let out a lil woo tho on 16 when i popped my teeshot 2 ft from the hole
dunno if i wanted silent bob to witness an ace tho... he wouldnt tell anyone hahaha

Lol. You get some characters dude.
played with silent bob today... literally
his name was bob and he didnt have much to say... hahaha
really nice guy tho
i did get him to let out a lil woo tho on 16 when i popped my teeshot 2 ft from the hole
dunno if i wanted silent bob to witness an ace tho... he wouldnt tell anyone hahaha

Russ: "Man, it smells like manure out here."
Bob: "..........."

Russ: "It's fertilizer, I swear."

What about playing with "throws clubs guy" or "kills golf course guy". I have never understood that. I mean hell, its not the clubs fault you hit a bad shot. And its def not the courses fault so please do not mess up a green over it.

I think we've all encountered that guy

What about playing with "throws clubs guy" or "kills golf course guy". I have never understood that. I mean hell, its not the clubs fault you hit a bad shot. And its def not the courses fault so please do not mess up a green over it.

I had a phase of that, when I didnt care about golf or my equipment.

i played behind capt america today (the guy at my course absolutely nobody wants to play with)
he actually let me play thru... after i hit my ball i rolled past his cart and was going to thank the group but there was a lady teeing off so i waited
right in the middle of her swing capt america says "youre welcome" and under his breath he says "you s.o.b."
all i could do was laugh then i thanked the rest of the group for letting me play thru

Played with nice guy who after a few holes started making strange noises. I asked my GF, did you hear that? After a few more holes it got more and louder. We decieded he is autistic. Austistic with a beer every hole becomes austitic nice guy who cant keep his eyes off my GF. Then he becomes drunk autistic guy who cant do much more than follow my Gf around acting the fool. On 15 I start saying to him,'hey Benny, get to your shot okay'. Kinda sad and kinda funny too. We wont be playin with Benny again.

I've had one or two rounds with "Back in my day I could do ___, so here's some free advice sonny!"
Interesting techniques really come through when you claim a swing speed north of 125mph...

Yesterday I played with "my cancer is in remission" lady. She is a volunteer at my course, and is a major PITA when she is working behind the counter, but what a joy to golf with.

Last Friday I played with "I average 280-300 yds with my Driver" guy. Funny that I only average about 250-260 and my drives were right next to his all day long, if not a little past him. He also sliced every drive but the last one on 18.

He was also "My GPS is better than yours" guy. I use Oob and it was showing about a 5 yard difference between mine and what he was using (a Bushnell distance finder, clipped on his belt). I told him that 5 yards is not a difference maker to my game and he acted like I was a complete idiot and how that would just destroy him to be that much off. I shot an 83, he decided not to keep score eventually after getting a 7 on the first par 3....

I also chipped one in from about 50 feet on 16 for birdie and all he can say is, "Lucky for you the pin was in to stop it". No "nice shot", nothing....

Love being grouped with guys like this...I just keep my mouth shut and beat them.

Last Friday I played with "I average 280-300 yds with my Driver" guy. Funny that I only average about 250-260 and my drives were right next to his all day long, if not a little past him. He also sliced every drive but the last one on 18.

He was also "My GPS is better than yours" guy. I use Oob and it was showing about a 5 yard difference between mine and what he was using (a Bushnell distance finder, clipped on his belt). I told him that 5 yards is not a difference maker to my game and he acted like I was a complete idiot and how that would just destroy him to be that much off. I shot an 83, he decided not to keep score eventually after getting a 7 on the first par 3....

I also chipped one in from about 50 feet on 16 for birdie and all he can say is, "Lucky for you the pin was in to stop it". No "nice shot", nothing....

Love being grouped with guys like this...I just keep my mouth shut and beat them.

Wow, who stuck a driver up his waste expulsion orifice?

Was he also dressed like a stereotypical douche?

Last weekend I played with "I'm really not this bad" guy....who turned out to be "worst golfer ever" guy.
Every other shot he had to drop a ball because he was OB, in a hazard, or just couldn't find his ball.
A few holes he was looking for his ball in an area that was 300 off the tee...even though he hadn't hit a shot past 215
all day. Twice he picked up my wife's ball from the middle of the fairway and pocketed it...he claimed that he didn't realize
it was hers. I guess it is common where he plays to find lost balls right in the middle of the fairway.
I would estimate that he shot a 145, but that guess could be on the low side...

I have two 'favorite' people I have played with in the past I'll likely play with in the future since they are "golfing buddies." The first is the 'drink whiskey like its gatorade' guy. I have no idea how he finished the 9th hole, but he's the only golfer I've seen that had to get a designated driver for his golf cart.

My other favorite guy is "i hit my pitching wedge about 150 yards" guy. I mean, he will tell me this at least 5 times during a round. Someday, my response will be, 'awesome, you'll need that since you just hit your driver 3 fairways over with your slice. I'll stand here in awe when you hit your PW, and then I'll note that I beat you by a dozen strokes in 9 holes.' Haven't played with him in awhile. I'm sure his PW is up to 180 now.

Wow, who stuck a driver up his waste expulsion orifice?

Was he also dressed like a stereotypical douche?

Now that you mention it... He was! I think he had "little man" syndrome. Was about 5'6 and no more than 160 lbs overall.
He also kept me "updated" on each of his shots with distance and club selection. "It's 150 so that's a 9 iron for me" he'd say and then come up 20-30 yds short of the green.

i was paired up with "i dont really play golf i just come to the course to talk a strangers ear off" guy the other day...
we pull up to his ball and he'd try to finish his story... the guy was super nice but man my biggest pet peeve besides getting hit into is slow play and this guy was killing me

I stopped playing in my company league because of golf balls must be worth a million dollars guy. Not only would he spend a good 5-10 minutes looking for his lost balls he would just go walking into the woods looking for any balls. BRUTAL he was my partner for 3 years. Couldn't take it anymore.

Playing with my bro in law Mr. More is Less. The more strokes he takes the lower his score is

Last year I played a round with "I'm gonna give this girl pointers so I can flirt with her" guy. Best part was the girls boyfriend was playing in the group too and not happy. I just shook my head and smiled.

got paired up with "im tiger woods reincarnated even tho he's not dead" teen along with his grandpa and lil brother
kid loved to talk about himself and how he's "usually putting for eagle on this hole" and doesnt know why he isnt 10 under today
holy moly! he's a legend in his own mind!
him "what are you hitting on this 150 par3?"
me "7i"
him "if i hit my 7i it would get a hole in one on #18 so im gonna hit my putter on this hole"... we were on #14 (huge exaggeration but thats about how the whole rounds convo went)
i just kept nodding and agreeing with him while he shot an 89 according to his grandpa
the kid hit it really far but he was no tiger to say the least
he even told me a tigerlike story of how his dad would make noises in his backswing blah... blahhhhh... blahhhhhhh

got paired up with "im tiger woods reincarnated even tho he's not dead" teen along with his grandpa and lil brother
kid loved to talk about himself and how he's "usually putting for eagle on this hole" and doesnt know why he isnt 10 under today
holy moly! he's a legend in his own mind!
him "what are you hitting on this 150 par3?"
me "7i"
him "if i hit my 7i it would get a hole in one on #18 so im gonna hit my putter on this hole"... we were on #14 (huge exaggeration but thats about how the whole rounds convo went)
i just kept nodding and agreeing with him while he shot an 89 according to his grandpa
the kid hit it really far but he was no tiger to say the least
he even told me a tigerlike story of how his dad would make noises in his backswing blah... blahhhhh... blahhhhhhh

Dont know how you lasted the entire round listening to that, would have driven me crazy. I probably would have a smart reply or two for him about his greatness.

Back