The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw this somewhere posted but I wanted to ask, do the sponsored players get to choose from anything available from the two companies or will they be provided a list of "acceptable products" to choose from?

I was just PMing back and forth with Jake about that. Not sure what we are choosing from yet. I'm really interested in testing the Razr Hawk 3 wood vs the Diablo Octane 4 wood. Hybrid testing will be fun, I'm sure I'll be hitting plenty of those at the Morgan Cup. Odssey clearly has a large selection of putters too!

I thought I saw this somewhere posted but I wanted to ask, do the sponsored players get to choose from anything available from the two companies or will they be provided a list of "acceptable products" to choose from?

TBA...

Now that I know TaylorMade is my sponsor, does anyone have any ideas where I might find a website to get some information about their products? A site with maybe some unbiased reviews by regular golfers? I could totally dig into some long threads about their irons line, driver offerings, hybrids, and fairway woods.

It would be great if there is such a place.

Kevin

I know of a pretty awesome place. :act-up:

Congratulations to all the players. This is so exciting. I can't wait to see what gear you guys get hooked up with from Taylormade and Callaway!

Last edited:
So, now that the Sponsor choosing is over, what do the contestants think about their sponsors? Do you have any clubs in particular that you are particularly interested in trying out?

Thrilled to be with Taylormade. Definitely want to try out some wedges and forged irons!

Good Question WR. I think we'd like to know too. I know I'll be hitting every TM product I can for the next few months!

Just a little excited here

So, now that the Sponsor choosing is over, what do the contestants think about their sponsors? Do you have any clubs in particular that you are particularly interested in trying out?

Yep, R11 driver and 3 wood, not sure about hybrids, TP CB's for sure need to be demoed, never hit a TM wedge so that and of course, every putter I can get my hands on. Tomorrow I will be buying a dozen penta's and hitting up the short game practice area. I have not spent a lot of time with this ball.

I am seriously on cloud-9 right now. I gotta get out and demo some Callaway products ASAP!

My wife and daughter are gone tomorrow night. Might be nice to hit the local Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith and do some scoping. There might not be a ton of options in lefty, but I can see how all the TM products look. I've pretty much always just played what catches my eye, anyway.

Nice to do it without a couple female golfers yakking in my ear, too. There's one of them now. Look at her over there.

Kevin

Am I the only one on the TM or Callaway website right now? I think not.

Heavy Canadian TMaG contingent? I love it!

From the iPhone.

Also fits nicely. White club with red graphics and all of that. All they need to do is cover the club in maple syrup and their set.

Which brings up a new point for the banter thread tonight. Maple syrup vs Ranch throw down baby!

Congrats to all the participants and a big round of applause for Callaway and Taylormade!

next up team announcements at some point tomorrow I believe

Yep, R11 driver and 3 wood, not sure about hybrids, TP CB's for sure need to be demoed, never hit a TM wedge so that and of course, every putter I can get my hands on. Tomorrow I will be buying a dozen penta's and hitting up the short game practice area. I have not spent a lot of time with this ball.

I thought the xFT wedges were great and I wouldn't be surprised if you feel the same. Great wedges. I'm a jealous Hawk right now but so happy for all of you. Enjoy this as it's literally the chance of a lifetime.

Am I the only one on the TM or Callaway website right now? I think not.

heck no. I can't wait to find out what we get to choose from. I've already found a pair of shoes I like the looks of.

If I had open game on what Callaway has out right now my setup would likely be similar to this...mind you this is all just eye ball testing other than the driver.

Driver: Razr Hawk Tour
3wd: Razr Hawk
Hybrid: Razr X
Irons: Razr X Tours
Wedges: X Series Jaws
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #2 or #9
Ball: Tour i(s)

Again that would be if they called me right now and said base your bag on what you see that we have available at this time. Tons of demoing will be done between now and that time comes so it's all up in the air really.

Since I'm going to be a Taylormade player: R11 driver and Tour Preferred MC and CB irons. What will be really interesting is that I really like my Corza Ghost putter, I wonder if I can keep it in my bag or whether I'll have to play a new putter.

Wow 8am my time, that leaves the rest of the day and weekend for some epic trash talking.

lucky for you, I give my best verbal beat downs right after breakfast haha

Yes. That will be happening tomorrow late morning. 11AM EST.

Hmmm, right in the middle of my time at work. I guess the trash-talking will have to wait until I'm home, I don't have much time to get on THP at work.

I personally can't wait to see how they dress me, I've never really had the opportunity to look this good on the course! PS I love the Jaws wedges.

My wife and daughter are gone tomorrow night. Might be nice to hit the local Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith and do some scoping. There might not be a ton of options in lefty, but I can see how all the TM products look. I've pretty much always just played what catches my eye, anyway.

Nice to do it without a couple female golfers yakking in my ear, too. There's one of them now. Look at her over there.

Kevin

Are you talking to me? :angel: lol
Have fun testing the equipment.

I hope they have some big shirts.

Kevin

Open game for me I would probably go with the following:

Driver: Octane(I haven't hit the Razr Hawk yet and I liked the octane at the outing)
FW: Octane 4w
Hybrids: Razr Hawk 3
Irons: X 24's(haven't hit the RH yet and liked the x24 at the outing)
Wedges: X series jaws
Putter: Black Series Tour #9
Ball: Tour i(s)

still don't know what will be out there for us to choose from, but I'd probably go this route at the moment. Obviously things can and probably will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back