2011 Chris Schenkel Invitational

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Every year my local college, Georgia Southern University hosts the Chris Schenkel Invitational. The best of the best college teams come to Statesboro to take on Forest Heights Country Club and try to hoist the trophy on Sunday. I will be out at the course all 3 days and get tons of pics and videos of the guys, equipment, the course and practice sessions. This is always a great tournament and I always enjoy going.

The Field this year:

Florida
Auburn
Kentucky
LSU
Notre Dame
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Georgia Southern
Minnesota
North Carolina
North Carolina State
North Florida
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Virginia

I will keep you guys updated throughout the week. The teams are starting to roll into the Boro!

Sounds awesome, I for one am very excited to see pictures as I love college golf! But that's probably because I will be playing next year.

It's truly awesome. These are the future of the PGA. Camillo and Bubba Watson both played in this tourney.

I don't see UGA listed clay, are they not invited?

I don't see UGA listed clay, are they not invited?

They played in it a good bit in the early 2000's. But they were asked to help start up another tournament on the same weekend and now go to that every year.

Ok, I am planning to catch the college tournament at the Brickyard in Macon this year, they also have an elite field. I have not checked on when it is so I hope I am not out of town then.

Let's see how bad GSU sucks it up at their own tournament they host. It's getting down right embarrassing.... I think it's time for new golf coach!!! If GSU was concerned about golf program as they are football he would been gone long ago!

Let's see how bad GSU sucks it up at their own tournament they host. It's getting down right embarrassing.... I think it's time for new golf coach!!! If GSU was concerned about golf program as they are football he would been gone long ago!

Carter Collins BABY! Lol

I'm thinking about attending it myself. I'll let you know if I do.

Let me know how Mississippi state does clay
It's one of the colleges Im looking at for their pgm program

Back