What shaft are you playing?

Aldila DVS, but after saturday, whatever I am fitted for in the R11.

Every shaft out there does something different. Less/more weight, less/more spin, less/more launch, less/more torque....goes on and on. I have only recently started paying attention to what shafts I hit beyond looking for the "R" clubs. I started with my driver and from this point on I will be more aware of what is between the club head and my hands.

If you buy the most popular thing out there you may wind up with something that doesn't fit at all. I love the new Miyazaki shaft, but I had control issues with the one I tested. The Serrano felt dead even though it did the trick performance wise. Wasabi and Habanerro were not much different than Ping's pretty decent TFC shaft. I won't tell you what's in my driver is the best, but it is the best for me and what I want out of my drives - distance, lower piercing flight and rock solid stability for confidence.

Decide what you don't like about what you have and go from there.

Every shaft out there does something different. Less/more weight, less/more spin, less/more launch, less/more torque....goes on and on. I have only recently started paying attention to what shafts I hit beyond looking for the "R" clubs. I started with my driver and from this point on I will be more aware of what is between the club head and my hands.

If you buy the most popular thing out there you may wind up with something that doesn't fit at all. I love the new Miyazaki shaft, but I had control issues with the one I tested. The Serrano felt dead even though it did the trick performance wise. Wasabi and Habanerro were not much different than Ping's pretty decent TFC shaft. I won't tell you what's in my driver is the best, but it is the best for me and what I want out of my drives - distance, lower piercing flight and rock solid stability for confidence.

Decide what you don't like about what you have and go from there.

Sweet. Thanks for the input.

Aldila RIP in driver, 3 wood, and hybrids

+1

RIP 60 S in driver
RIP 70 S in 3w
RIP 85 S in hybrids
All Alpha

I think they are just great shafts! My swing speed is enough that I can benefit from a low-torque, low-mid flight shaft (102-103), but not enough that I personally feel comfortable with heavy shafts...these work out perfectly for me!

+1

RIP 60 S in driver
RIP 70 S in 3w
RIP 85 S in hybrids
All Alpha

I think they are just great shafts! My swing speed is enough that I can benefit from a low-torque, low-mid flight shaft (102-103), but not enough that I personally feel comfortable with heavy shafts...these work out perfectly for me!

Thanks for your input Double G. I also like the heavier shafts. I definitely feel like I have a lot more control with them.

Fubuki 73 driver and Accra SC95 3 wood.Both in stiff flex,they are a bit heavier than standard I guess but very smooth and stable.Driver ss 107-109.

True Temper Tour Concept Stiff in the Irons

tci_silver_high_795.png

Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara UL stiff in the driver

21YIwQfn0qL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I recently hit the Fubuki Alpha in my friends R11. It was very solid but a bit light for me, so I may have to get the heavier version if that were the shaft I choose.

Back