Cleveland 588 Wedges

Here's some pics of my wedge. I told you it was in rough shape, but I still hit it all the time and it performs wonderfully.

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

Other than it facing hte wrong way, that thing is AWESOME.

How is the weighting of these compared to the CG-15's and 16's? I would think maybe a little robust in comparsion which I think is good so you can feel the club through the swing, help move the club head through the ball, etc. I definitely like the compactness of these, would make you focus more I think? I know that's a feature I like with the Mizuno line a lot.

I was so surprised when picking up the 16's for the first time. They felt shockingly heavy. At the time I thought the 588's were heavy but looking back now I think they are a little light as compared to todays wedges. Almost makes me think I need to rethink how I order wedges.

Other than it facing hte wrong way, that thing is AWESOME.

It's seen a lot of action in its day and it's the club I use the most when I mess around in the yard when Foster and I are golfing. Still feels sensational at impact. I tried to get a nice shot of the leading edge.

Nice looking wedge Lucas, it looks like it has seen a lot of action, that's good! That's about what the one I had looked like before it finally ended up getting replaced. I want a new one!!!

Nice looking wedge Lucas, it looks like it has seen a lot of action, that's good! That's about what the one I had looked like before it finally ended up getting replaced. I want a new one!!!

So if Cleveland came out with the 588's again, you'd bag them? I would in a minute.

Black Pearl. I love that finish!

I do too, but I am an option man, I'd like to choose between the two. I'm such a darn traditionalist, I like my satin/chrome wedges for some odd reason. I hate how much black pearl shows wear.

I would love to try these 'perfect wedges' but the lead grind would need to be straight across. Round leading edges KILL me.

I would love to try these 'perfect wedges' but the lead grind would need to be straight across. Round leading edges KILL me.

I'm usually right there with you, and while this is a rounded leading edge, it's so subtle it's crazy. Like i said, not too much, but just enough. Perfect combination.

I do too, but I am an option man, I'd like to choose between the two. I'm such a darn traditionalist, I like my satin/chrome wedges for some odd reason. I hate how much black pearl shows wear.
I'm with you on the showing of the wear, but in a way with the wedges I kinda like that worn look too.

Haha, it looks exactly like those Srixon wedges, and we all know how that went...
I'm usually right there with you, and while this is a rounded leading edge, it's so subtle it's crazy. Like i said, not too much, but just enough. Perfect combination.

PS these would look sick vibranted and putterzoned, or whatever. Just tricked out to the MAX!

I've been out practicing and I made a little trip. Interesting...

Spoiler
4cc3ff16.jpg

Spoiler
The previous owner played sweetspot golf as well
Spoiler
b6863325.jpg

I used to have a short game when I used to game 588's....maybe a coincidence...

I've been out practicing and I made a little trip. Interesting...

Spoiler
4cc3ff16.jpg

Spoiler
The previous owner played sweetspot golf as well
Spoiler
b6863325.jpg

Thoughts?

I used to have a short game when I used to game 588's....maybe a coincidence...

I feel that way too.

I really dont know. I am sure someone on here knows though.

saw some older ones that had the special in it - but it looked different - oh well, might be worth it for $30.00

Back