The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Captain Biggsy as well, we had a good talk and I think we are going to have a great showing at the MC

My goal is to lose as much weight before The Morgan Cup as Cristie Kerr lost during the off season. Wow. She got in shape.

Kevin

It's so hard to sit here on the side lines reading all the put downs and come backs and not being able to contribute. Wish you all the best weekend in August for the Morgan Cup!!

Screw this I hope it rains all bloody weekend!! Maybe even a small hurricane can roll in. Coolbreeze will be used to the rain and wind being from Victoria!!

Just kidding!!

Seriously have a great time... And bring an umbrella!!

You kid but that would be a huge advantage for me. I play on wet soggy courses 5 months a year, I would be in my element. Everyone on team paradise would be hitting chunky little flubs all over the place. I don't think its going to happen though, Florida in August sounds sunny and warm.

My goal is to lose as much weight before The Morgan Cup as Cristie Kerr lost during the off season. Wow. She got in shape.

Kevin

I hope you do it, trash talk aside getting in shape is never a bad thing.

Kevin

Actually in the offseason she just stops complaining and all the hot air leaves. :act-up:

It worked. I'm watching the ladies, and she lost at least a tire from a small Japanese car from around her middle.

Kevin

I also talked with biggsy earlier today. I can't wait to meet the guy in person, along with all of my teammates. It's going to be a long 5 months until the event actually happens, but I get the feeling that there will be some fun things happening between now and then for the participants that will keep the excitement level high.

Don't lose too much weight or it will mess with your swing.

Thanks for the concern, but it's time to get a "swing" back. I've been relying on grit, moxie, and charm for far too long. Hehehe. Just looking to lose enough to get out of my own way a little easier. I've done it before and my ball striking with longer club improves immensely.

Kevin

I was gonna say something but it seems TC and OEM are doing a pretty fair job of destroying everyone on Team Paradise.

I was gonna say something but it seems TC and OEM are doing a pretty fair job of destroying everyone on Team Paradise.

You have some reading issues I guess? That's not smack from those two, it's more cries for help.

Kevin

Wow, looks like 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Congrats guys, now it gets real. There better be some quality trash talking gettin started!

Its hard to pick a team to cheer for, buddies on both teams: check. Canadians on both teams: check. Lefties on both teams: cancels out. :act-up:

I'm leaning one way but I'll sleep on it to be sure....

Biggsy is a class act and I would expect him to reach out to his team in a professional manner. I'm out of town until Sunday but you can bet that my squad will be hearing from me.

Good job biggsy! I have the utmost respect for you as a golfer, a person, and a friend.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Biggsy is a class act and I would expect him to reach out to his team in a professional manner. I'm out of town until Sunday but you can bet that my squad will be hearing from me.

Good job biggsy! I have the utmost respect for you as a golfer, a person, and a friend.

That's lame TC, and I'm rooting for your team? haha

I went and hit both the Razr Hawk and Diablo Octane drivers tonight on a sim. I was getting about 6-7 extra yards of carry with the Razr Hawk. I didn't put many good swings on the Octane. I also thought the Razr hawk fw's looked a lot better in person then they do in pictures. I'm really excited to get out and test some more stuff this weekend. I think I am going to go to one of the golf shops near me that has the callaway fitting area so I try those drivers out with some different shafts in them.

While at the range tonight all I kept thinking about was the morgan cup. Its only been a few days and already the morgan cup has taken over my life!

I went and hit both the Razr Hawk and Diablo Octane drivers tonight on a sim. I was getting about 6-7 extra yards of carry with the Razr Hawk. I didn't put many good swings on the Octane. I also thought the Razr hawk fw's looked a lot better in person then they do in pictures. I'm really excited to get out and test some more stuff this weekend. I think I am going to go to one of the golf shops near me that has the callaway fitting area so I try those drivers out with some different shafts in them.

While at the range tonight all I kept thinking about was the morgan cup. Its only been a few days and already the morgan cup has taken over my life!

The Razr Hawk driver is by a large margin the one club I have not hit yet that I'm dying to try out. Everyone seems to rave about the distance from this boomstick, and lots of good tour players are already gaming this too.

One of the most interesting aspects to the Morgan's cup is that so many of the players are Mashie lovers but going to have to try and make TM and Callalway hybrids work for them.

One of the most interesting aspects to the Morgan's cup is that so many of the players are Mashie lovers but going to have to try and make TM and Callalway hybrids work for them.

I am not sure what hybrids I will go with. I might go 3 and 5 wood, we'll see. I'm still a long ways away from setting a bag. We don't even know what is available to us yet.

The Razr Hawk driver is by a large margin the one club I have not hit yet that I'm dying to try out. Everyone seems to rave about the distance from this boomstick, and lots of good tour players are already gaming this too.

Doesn't matter, we could use Lynx Blades Circa 1992 and come away victorious. Using the amazing equipment is just an added bonus.

That's lame TC, and I'm rooting for your team? haha
because you know deep down its the winning team. who wants to root for the losers?

haha me too - i played scenarious thorough my head - then said stop! you gotta practice haha. going to be an exciting 5 months.

that razr hawk is a beast of a club for sure. its true the mashie is a unanimous victor - but i think with enough practice - well be dialed on every club in our bag before august.

I am not sure what hybrids I will go with. I might go 3 and 5 wood, we'll see. I'm still a long ways away from setting a bag. We don't even know what is available to us yet.

good point - i wonder how our bags are going to be built

It was great to talk to each and every member of Team Paradise. You boys are going to bring it. I already see a cohesive bond forming with our team and you have such great attitudes. I'm very proud to be going to The Morgan Cup with each and every one of you. Team Hackers won't know what hit them.

Thanks again to all of the hard work from THP, Taylormade/adidas golf, Callaway Golf and Reunion Resort. I'm still very humbled to be a part of this.

Now that I know my team and my sponsor, I'm off to Golf Galaxy to check out the latest and greatest from Callaway Golf. For starters I'm going to grab a dozen tour i(s) balls to begin the transition! So much has already been announced about this amazing event, and there is still so much to learn!!! What courses will we play, what distances, when will we start getting new gear, what will be available for us, what will the matchups look like...etc. etc. etc.? My mind is racing with all of these details and the overall excitement surrounding this event.

HUGE thank you again to THP, Callaway, Taylormade and Reunion. This is an amateur event for the ages and I'm honored to be a part of it!
Well said. I am as well and it's remarkable how much work has gone into this from everyone involved.

Now that I know my team and my sponsor, I'm off to Golf Galaxy to check out the latest and greatest from Callaway Golf. For starters I'm going to grab a dozen tour i(s) balls to begin the transition! So much has already been announced about this amazing event, and there is still so much to learn!!! What courses will we play, what distances, when will we start getting new gear, what will be available for us, what will the matchups look like...etc. etc. etc.? My mind is racing with all of these details and the overall excitement surrounding this event.

HUGE thank you again to THP, Callaway, Taylormade and Reunion. This is an amateur event for the ages and I'm honored to be a part of it!

Interested to hear your thoughts on the current lineup.

The 2 Morgan Cup threads have been merged together.

This is already amazing....the comradery between all the players and esepcially the two teams is amazing, I have a feeling by the end of this I will have made several new friends.

This is already amazing....the comradery between all the players and esepcially the two teams is amazing, I have a feeling by the end of this I will have made several new friends.

And you'll have a cool trophy as well, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back