Any scotch drinkers

A couple of other ones that are tasty are Springbank( 18 or 21) , oban (14 year maybe) and yamazaki (believe it was an 18 yr). The ones I had were very smooth. Check them
out when u get a chance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Laphroaig is definitly a legend. The aged bottles are quite a bit mellower than the standeard 10 year old. I like the 10yr, but it can rip your face off. I like to alternate between Islay's and Highlands. Talisker is a great inbetweener. Has the weight of an Islay, but some of the complexity of a Highland.

Just picked up the 10 yr Laphroaig and it is nice. Really like the peatiness of it. Great recommendation. Extremely flavorfull. Will be grabbing this as opposed to glenlivet for my day to day scotch.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I am just now getting into Scotch. I have a client that I meet for drinks fairly often and I always drink it with him. The place we go to always pours us Glenfiddich 30 year old and it easy to get used to. lol I'm looking to forward to trying a few 18's or 21's soon.

For the price Johnnie green label is pretty darn good. Can never go wrong with McCallen either. As far as bourbon goes Noahs

mill is good.

My favorites are Lagavulin and Talisker. As far as a blend goes I like JW Black.

I love Jameson Irish Whiskey but I don't think it is classed as Scotch.

the clue is in the name ;)

jameson is a nice irish though. i am an irish whisky drinker. Primarily because it doesnt have the smokey/peaty taste due to the way the grain is dried. this tends to make it a little smoother, espeacially lower cost ones such as comparing Jameson blend (irish) to something like Famous Grouse (scotch). I also had a nasty experience with Bells scotch when i was 16 that turned me of cheaper scotch. it hard to beat a quality single malt scotch for ease of enjoyment though.

if you want to expand from scotch and enjoy some irish as well then you'll find Bushmills single malts are a great point to begin. Jameson also do some very nice special reserves.

Jamesons blend is my anytime whiskey and i'd usually mix with water or lemonade so i can drink it all night although i have a beautiful 12 year old bushmills single that is for enjoying fully on its own and a 16 yo that hasnt been opened yet.

On my last trip to Bandon we were down in the Bunker Bar and I wanted to try a new malt. After a bit of discussion the bartender suggested the Lagavulin. Sure I say and he asks if I want the 16 or 25 year. You only live once, I think and order the 25. It is heavenly, and I order another one. Well note to self when ordering single malt: CHECK THE FREAKING PRICES! 2 glasses was almost $800. I mean, how do you even tip for that?

On my last trip to Bandon we were down in the Bunker Bar and I wanted to try a new malt. After a bit of discussion the bartender suggested the Lagavulin. Sure I say and he asks if I want the 16 or 25 year. You only live once, I think and order the 25. It is heavenly, and I order another one. Well note to self when ordering single malt: CHECK THE FREAKING PRICES! 2 glasses was almost $800. I mean, how do you even tip for that?

Please tell me you are exaggerating with the $800 price quote. I could see it being expensive but that seems ludicrous. I do not know what a bottle of the 25 year would be in the store, honestly I have never seen the 25 year. I have seen 16 year and then a distillers edition but they topped out around $115 or so in the liquor store. You can get two bottles of liquor in night clubs in major metro areas for that price. Heck Louis XIV cognac does not even get to $400 a shot from what have I seen. But maybe since the lagavulin 25 and 30 are limited quantities maybe they do charge that much. But I will definitely take your advice and ask the price before ordering of the more aged scotch next time I am in a bar.

Please tell me you are exaggerating with the $800 price quote. I could see it being expensive but that seems ludicrous. I do not know what a bottle of the 25 year would be in the store, honestly I have never seen the 25 year. I have seen 16 year and then a distillers edition but they topped out around $115 or so in the liquor store. You can get two bottles of liquor in night clubs in major metro areas for that price. Heck Louis XIV cognac does not even get to $400 a shot from what have I seen. But maybe since the lagavulin 25 and 30 are limited quantities maybe they do charge that much. But I will definitely take your advice and ask the price before ordering of the more aged scotch next time I am in a bar.

I looked it up on line afer I got home, it was $1500 or $1600 a bottle. Live and learn, but I had to hold off on a club upgrade for a while longer.

I drink The Macallan myself, but I enjoy American whisky(bourbon in particular) more along with some Canadian blends. Pendelton whisky out of Oregon(made in Canada though) is my fav for Manhattans. Knob Creek, Makers Mark and Hudson Baby Bourbon from Tuthilltown Spirits for my bourbons. We just got our first distillery in Washington for whisky called Woodinville Whisky Co. It's first aged bourbon style whisky comes out this summer which I am looking forward to trying.

I'm still learnin' Bourbon. Makers Mark, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, Woodford Reserve....on the rocks.

I looked it up on line afer I got home, it was $1500 or $1600 a bottle. Live and learn, but I had to hold off on a club upgrade for a while longer.

True. Well I am going to learn from your experience if that's ok with you! Sorry about the mishap and hopefully you enjoyed it.

I drink The Macallan myself, but I enjoy American whisky(bourbon in particular) more along with some Canadian blends. Pendelton whisky out of Oregon(made in Canada though) is my fav for Manhattans. Knob Creek, Makers Mark and Hudson Baby Bourbon from Tuthilltown Spirits for my bourbons. We just got our first distillery in Washington for whisky called Woodinville Whisky Co. It's first aged bourbon style whisky comes out this summer which I am looking forward to trying.

A bourbon that I really enjoy and is priced well at the liquor store I typically go to is Elijah Craig. Give it a try. Aged 12 years and it is quite flavorful.

I'm still learnin' Bourbon. Makers Mark, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, Woodford Reserve....on the rocks.

Dude, that is a pretty bada$$ story. I am think I am going to steal it and start pawning it off as my own story. ha.

Sorry about the cost, but like you said, you only live once!

I love a good scotch......

In my cabinet now....
Johnny Walker (nothing less than black label)
Crown (private reserve)

I've never advanced to elite scotch's.I am content with J W red with a touch of water.It's what I've settled on after all the years of drinking about anything.If I'm drinking something other than beer it is what I'm drinking. But I consider myself an alcoholic so Aqua Velva might seem OK to me..

Having grown up in Northern Ireland, I much prefer the Irish whiskeys, especially from Bushmills. My all-time favourite is Black Bush from Bushmills - not a single malt, but a fantastic flavour none-the-less. Most of the Scots whiskys I've tasted are harsher than the Irish (I think the triple-distilling of Irish helps), and many have been of the more peaty variety that I just can't get on with. However, a few years ago I was introduced to the Isle of Jura 10 year old single malt and absolutely love it. It's lighter than most of the other Scotchs I've tried and is much more like an Irish. Give it a try if you can get your hands on some.

Johnny Walker or Glenlivet and a nice cigar to accompany it.

For those of you into single malts, give Talisker or Jura a bash. Both very moreish.

Just thinking about them makes me think I need to go to the pub!!!!

When I was in Texas, I was at a bar that had Glenfiddich 30. I could muster up the nerve to order a $40 glass of scotch.

Was in Scotland a few years ago for a golf trip and we did a tour at Glenmorangie. The "Nectar" is just plain SMOOTH - I suggest trying it if you get a chance.

A little over 10 years ago I won one of those shakem-bakem European bus tours where you're at a different spot almost every day. When we stopped at the Glenlivet and piled out of the bus, I noticed while the tour people were organizing us, the very pretty tour guide. I slowly started wandering my way in her vicinity hoping that when they split us up I'd be in her group. A couple of the guys and girls in the tour group noticed, the smart guys following my lead with a giggle and a high-five. The girls, well, they shot me dirty looks. Thankfully it all worked out.

That was my first hint of liking scotch. I don't know if it was the beautiful dark-haired, blue-eyed lass with the purr-fect accent or the actual drink, but I've been hooked ever since.

Right now I have a Highland Park 18, a Abelour 16 and a Suntory Yamazaki 18 in the rotation. I would highly recommend any of these three. Being a LA-kid, it is hard for me to get into the heavy-peat smoke scotch whiskys. I know why people like them, just not my thing.

Another one I enjoyed is the Glenmorangie Sherry Cask finished. There was just something smooth about it. My buddies and I sat in his backyard after a BBQ, smoking a cigar, chatting about life and polishing off that bottle. That was a good night. I think I bought that bottle for $50, by the time I went back, they had stopped making it and the prices rocketed to over $100. Ah well.

Last night a few pals and I were sipping on Caol Ila (18 yr). Had been sitting unattended for quite a while, so we thought it appropriate to give it a run. It has a decent blend of sweet and smoky, ends a little on the dry side and, for an Islay Scotch, had a fairly light peaty taste.

I'm a big Oban fan. Unfortunately the price went up a few months ago and I haven't been able to procure a second bottle as of late.

My local place just had Oban (18 yr) on promotion last week.

Back