Project X Graphite Shaft Review

I received two Tour Issue Shafts today and dropped them off to be gripped and Taylormade tipped. Supposed to be ready friday. Looking forward to taking these out to the course and gathering more data from the simulator as well as a comparison between a tour issue and a regular PX shaft, which is what is in my new R11.

Here is a link to the Project X Tour Issue Shafts. http://pxshaft.com/pxshaft/projectx_tour_issue.asp

The 6A4 is for the driver (69g)
The 7A3 is for the 3 wood (76g)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Very nice, would love to see the numbers on these.

Wow Biggsy!! 125 SS and tour issue shafts. Wow!!

I love the looks of these shafts, its just simple and clean looking. Looking forward to hearing what you think about them, i dont think i have heard one bad thing about these yet.

I had to send the XL 270 back to the store. Simply put, I changed my mind.

Ordered a K15 digital 11.5 loft at 45.25" with a Project X 5.5. Should be a killer combo. Guys at Ping could not recommend this enough so long as I liked the shaft. Think about it...all the benefits of a higher loft head without the negatives that can come with high spin/high launch. I will definitely leave feedback when I can get it out. Just hope I ordered up enough loft in that head...11.5 was kinda arbitrary based off my 10.5 and 12.0 numbers.

They can take their time putting it together, supposed to get a foot of snow over the next 24 hours.:angry:

So is there a project x shaft that would help out an old guy like me with 95 mph swing? I really like my g15 driver but could use a bit less spin.
Thanks gb

So is there a project x shaft that would help out an old guy like me with 95 mph swing? I really like my g15 driver but could use a bit less spin.
Thanks gb

I swing in that area and chose the 5.5 flex. There is a lighter flex at 5.0. Best estimate I have heard is 5.0 is sub 92, 5.5 93-100, 6.0 100-110, etc. So 5.5 is firm reg? soft stiff? These are not just for the big hitters. I thought swinging these would be like swinging an oak tree branch. They are surprisingly lively.

I swing in that area and chose the 5.5 flex. There is a lighter flex at 5.0. Best estimate I have heard is 5.0 is sub 92, 5.5 93-100, 6.0 100-110, etc. So 5.5 is firm reg? soft stiff? These are not just for the big hitters. I thought swinging these would be like swinging an oak tree branch. They are surprisingly lively.

Thank you I was thinking of putting in a px in my g15 driver . Does the px knock down the spin as advertised ? Thanks gb

Thank you I was thinking of putting in a px in my g15 driver . Does the px knock down the spin as advertised ? Thanks gb

If you are using the stock shaft in your G15 I can pretty much promise you will see lower spin numbers. I see your head is 9*. Expect a lower launch as well. If your launch is fine this shaft may lower it and lower the spin which may not be a happy thing. Remember those low bullet drives back in the day? I don't think I would want this shaft in a 9* head with my ball speed. That's just me though.

If my K15 was 9* I would put a Matrix Radix in there. Lower spin (not dramatic) and slightly lower launch than the stock shaft. My 2nd choice was the Radix with a 10.5 head. Couldn't find that shaft to hit so I went with the PX. As always, best to hit as many things as you can before you buy.

You could step down to a 5.0 flex, that might do the trick. For me it was an easy decision. Ping only charges $100 for the PX ($275 retail shaft) as a custom order...$170 if you send it in for a reshaft which isn't too bad really. It'll be done right at Ping and that is worth a couple extra bucks.

I got my Project X Tour shafts back from Golf Galaxy yesterday and they were tipped with last year's TM tip and gripped with New Decades. The cost was $110.

I hit the R11 driver and 3 wood with these shafts and they felt really good. I mainly wanted to make sure the heads wouldn't fly off so I only hit a few drivers and about (10) 3 wood shots in their sim and then it was off to the range. Since I don't have the 3 wood yet, I wanted to get an idea for weight and feel. I really liked the 3 wood quite a bit. I was getting a little bit of a push, which was to be expected because of the neutral setting, but was getting between 270 and 280 off the deck with it. After hitting in the sim with the 3 wood, I want it even more now.

At the range I hit about 20 shots to see how the shaft would perform compared to the TP Project X. All I can say is wow. Very windy day and the shaft performed admirably. I noticed more accuracy, it was longer and the flight was even more penetrating. Going after the ball, the shaft stayed with me and was quite the performer. I'll know more as I hit it, but initial thoughts of the Tour shaft in the R11 is a great combo for me.

I got my Project X Tour shafts back from Golf Galaxy yesterday and they were tipped with last year's TM tip and gripped with New Decades. The cost was $110.

I hit the R11 driver and 3 wood with these shafts and they felt really good. I mainly wanted to make sure the heads wouldn't fly off so I only hit a few drivers and about (10) 3 wood shots in their sim and then it was off to the range. Since I don't have the 3 wood yet, I wanted to get an idea for weight and feel. I really liked the 3 wood quite a bit. I was getting a little bit of a push, which was to be expected because of the neutral setting, but was getting between 270 and 280 off the deck with it. After hitting in the sim with the 3 wood, I want it even more now.

At the range I hit about 20 shots to see how the shaft would perform compared to the TP Project X. All I can say is wow. Very windy day and the shaft performed admirably. I noticed more accuracy, it was longer and the flight was even more penetrating. Going after the ball, the shaft stayed with me and was quite the performer. I'll know more as I hit it, but initial thoughts of the Tour shaft in the R11 is a great combo for me.

Sounds Promising Biggsy - this is the exact same combination I think I want to go with as well. I may have to take yours for a spin at the outing in May

Sounds Promising Biggsy - this is the exact same combination I think I want to go with as well. I may have to take yours for a spin at the outing in May
Have at it, you are more than welcome.

The last thing either of you need is more distance and accuracy. Great you found a shaft you love Biggsy, I'm still searching for one that fits me just right.

PX just posted this on facebook and thought I would share..

What flexes that there shafts compare to.

PX.jpg

Saved.

Thanks for the chart Bridges, that'll be handy going forward.

Great information on the shafts and the fitting website. Thank you.
After looking at those numbers I need to go find those videos posted of your swing to hopefully pick up a few pointers.
I didn't see this listed but what is the final length of your driver?

Thanks again.

Great information on the shafts and the fitting website. Thank you.
After looking at those numbers I need to go find those videos posted of your swing to hopefully pick up a few pointers.
I didn't see this listed but what is the final length of your driver?

Thanks again.

It's standard length. 45". Three wood shaft was tipped 1/2".

Big difference I noticed so far with tour shaft and TP 6.5 is going after it. I can go after it with a full swing and the shaft performs. The TP shaft lagged a little and I lost accuracy.

This shaft with the R11 has me hitting more fairways. Combo is great for me.

I need to figure out how to get an r11 3 wood head. 2 very reachable par 5s and I'm stuck laying up. Still had birdies putts on both and made 1.

PX just posted this on facebook and thought I would share..

What flexes that there shafts compare to.

PX.jpg

Thanks for the chart Bridges, didn't see it earlier on the work computer.

It's standard length. 45". Three wood shaft was tipped 1/2".

Big difference I noticed so far with tour shaft and TP 6.5 is going after it. I can go after it with a full swing and the shaft performs. The TP shaft lagged a little and I lost accuracy.

This shaft with the R11 has me hitting more fairways. Combo is great for me.

I need to figure out how to get an r11 3 wood head. 2 very reachable par 5s and I'm stuck laying up. Still had birdies putts on both and made 1.

Thanks for the update.

5.5 or 6.0

5.5 or 6.0

I play the 5.5 in my irons and I love the shafts. I am not sure whether to use 5.5 in my driver or a 6.0. My swing speed is apx 105 mph and I am a 4 hdc. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Can you try both out on a launch monitor and see which is giving you better numbers? I 6.0 will most likely lower your ball flight a little bit, but because of ProjectX running a little stiffer than the number, could be too stiff for you. If I was a betting man and going strictly by the swing speed (which is not the best idea) I would say 5.5

Back