The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you'll have a cool trophy as well, hehe

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Already made a place on my mantle above the fireplace, now I just need some dimensions from JB.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the current lineup.

I'm excited about all things RAZR. I haven't hit much of the new stuff outside yet, but I spent some time yesterday in an indoor bay at Golf Galaxy hitting whatever I could get my hands on. The RAZR Hawk driver, fairway wood and the RAZR X hybrid are all hot and LONG. As far as irons, I hit the RAZR X Tour and the RAZR Forged irons and both are interesting options for different reasons. I really want to hit the irons outside to gauge the turf interaction, ball flight, etc. before forming any concrete opinions. I picked up a dozen tour i(s) balls and played my first nine holes with them yesterday afternoon. They are different than what I'm currently playing, so there will be an adjustment period (especially from 100 yards and in), but it is a solid golf ball. All things considered I'm psyched to put some quality Callaway gear in play.

I'm excited about all things RAZR. I haven't hit much of the new stuff outside yet, but I spent some time yesterday in an indoor bay at Golf Galaxy hitting whatever I could get my hands on. The RAZR Hawk driver, fairway wood and the RAZR X hybrid are all hot and LONG. As far as irons, I hit the RAZR X Tour and the RAZR Forged irons and both are interesting options for different reasons. I really want to hit the irons outside to gauge the turf interaction, ball flight, etc. before forming any concrete opinions. I picked up a dozen tour i(s) balls and played my first nine holes with them yesterday afternoon. They are different than what I'm currently playing, so there will be an adjustment period (especially from 100 yards and in), but it is a solid golf ball. All things considered I'm psyched to put some quality Callaway gear in play.

Interesting stuff. I haven't hit the Razr forged irons but did hit the tours and thought the felt so much differently to previous Callaway irons. They felt really smooth to me. You know by now that I am very fond of the razr hawk driver so I'm assuming the fwy's just pick up the pieces.

I was a huge jaws wedge fan and would've bought them last year but I wanted the spinners before they were on the market so I went with the mpt 11 wedges instead.

I'm most curious about putters though, ie, what choices will we have?

Interesting stuff. I haven't hit the Razr forged irons but did hit the tours and thought the felt so much differently to previous Callaway irons. They felt really smooth to me. You know by now that I am very fond of the razr hawk driver so I'm assuming the fwy's just pick up the pieces.

I was a huge jaws wedge fan and would've bought them last year but I wanted the spinners before they were on the market so I went with the mpt 11 wedges instead.

I'm most curious about putters though, ie, what choices will we have?

Agreed! I forgot about the wedges which I REALLY like! I didn't include putters in my list because there are so many options with Odyssey and, like you said, we have no idea what will be available yet. I'm a blade guy and I've rolled the Black Series and the White Ice #1 putters and have really liked both of them. You can't really go wrong with an Odyssey.

And you'll have a cool trophy as well, hehe

Already made a place on my mantle above the fireplace, now I just need some dimensions from JB.

Just remember those 2nd place trophies are a little smaller so you don't need to clear that much space JRod:alien:

So I went to my daughter's Odyssey of the Mind competition this morning. I was talking to a couple parents I don't know well about her playing golf, and believe or not I mentioned how I was a lucky participant in The Morgan Cup. These people were all non-golfers. About the best I got out of them was "Oh, neat."

Non-golfers don't get it.

Kevin

So I went to my daughter's Odyssey of the Mind competition this morning. I was talking to a couple parents I don't know well about her playing golf, and believe or not I mentioned how I was a lucky participant in The Morgan Cup. These people were all non-golfers. About the best I got out of them was "Oh, neat."

Kevin

Yeah, that is a shame. My favorite is when I get comments like "tournament event huh? sandbaggers always ruin those". Clearly not paying attention to the bullet points.

Kevin

I kind of had the opposite at work. My boss was trying to figure out what my facebook status was so when I told him, he and the other 4 people in the room were excited for me. I showed them the website and told them that they have to check it out during that weekend. He even printed out the information I gave him and put it on our bulletin board. He golfs about 3 times a year and nobody else on the floor plays.

Yeah, that is a shame. My favorite is when I get comments like "tournament event huh? sandbaggers always ruin those". Clearly not paying attention to the bullet points.

Oh, man! I had that this week, too! I was trying to tell this person how this isn't the kind of event that slimy sandbaggers can just enter and ruin for everybody, but this guy just didn't get it.

To the other parents' credit, they all show interest in Grace being a golfer, so I appreciate that.

Kevin

I went and tested some more equipment today. So far I like what I have hit. Hit the Razr X and Razr X tour irons today along with the Razr X and Octane 3 wood. Based on today I am leaning one way on each, but still picking equipment is a something that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I'm also working on my flights. I'm debating flying in Weds night instead of Thursday.

I'm hoping to get there Tuesday night, mid-day Wednesday at the latest, stay at Reunion, and play a practice round or two. Anyone up for that?

Kevin

I went and tested some more equipment today. So far I like what I have hit. Hit the Razr X and Razr X tour irons today along with the Razr X and Octane 3 wood. Based on today I am leaning one way on each, but still picking equipment is a something that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I'm also working on my flights. I'm debating flying in Weds night instead of Thursday.

Cool, how would you compare the feel and distance of the Razr iron options to the MCs?

Cool, how would you compare the feel and distance of the Razr iron options to the MCs?

I was hitting them on a sim so I couldn't get a direct ball flight comparison. According to the numbers on the sim the Razr X irons were longer than the MCs. The Razr X Tour had a more similar feel to it, though I think the MCs feel better. As for distance I thought the X Tour may have been slightly longer but not by much. It would have been a good test if I had the MC 6 iron in the sim with me at the time.

So our practice sessions for the Morgan Cup are on Friday, for those flying in early obviously golf will be in the plans, you guys thinking of getting a sneak peek at one of the Reunion courses or what?

I spent some time at the golf shop today checking out the different Callaway offerings and I really like the looks of the Razr X Tour irons and even those Razr X Forged irons seemed very nice. I was going to compare the two but they were super busy and since I wasn't there to buy I figured I'd let buyers have the spots and I'll go during the day sometime next week. I will say that in comparing drivers and FW first of all I really really like that Razr Hawk (they didn't have the Tour in) but for FW woods I actually preferred the looks of the Diablo, at least at address and in little mock swings there in the shop. I'll get back and demo them later.

Oh and before the golf shop I went to the driving range...Hackers...you're all in big, BIG trouble.

So our practice sessions for the Morgan Cup are on Friday, for those flying in early obviously golf will be in the plans, you guys thinking of getting a sneak peek at one of the Reunion courses or what?

I spent some time at the golf shop today checking out the different Callaway offerings and I really like the looks of the Razr X Tour irons and even those Razr X Forged irons seemed very nice. I was going to compare the two but they were super busy and since I wasn't there to buy I figured I'd let buyers have the spots and I'll go during the day sometime next week. I will say that in comparing drivers and FW first of all I really really like that Razr Hawk (they didn't have the Tour in) but for FW woods I actually preferred the looks of the Diablo, at least at address and in little mock swings there in the shop. I'll get back and demo them later.

Oh and before the golf shop I went to the driving range...Hackers...you're all in big, BIG trouble.

I agree with you on the FW. I hit them both side by side today and preferred the Diablo to the Razr Hawk.

I'm hoping to get there Tuesday night, mid-day Wednesday at the latest, stay at Reunion, and play a practice round or two. Anyone up for that?

Kevin

Is this thing on? Do I exist?

Kevin

You live where SD? And youve already been to the range more then your captain who lives in FL.

Is this thing on? Do I exist?

Kevin
Sorry pal, yes it's on and yes you exist. I was looking for what the other guys who are staying off site are doing as well so that is probably why I jumped you. Sorry bud.

So let me word it this way, are the guys staying off-site going to be joining our buddy Esox at Reunion for a sneak peek?

You live where SD? And youve already been to the range more then your captain who lives in FL.
He doesn't need a driving range, he never goes more than a day or two without playing so there's no need to go to the range to get things dialed in. Me? I need the range A LOT early in the season!!!

I'm not sure you can sneak peek unless you stay on the grounds. Maybe they would make an exemption in this case if contacted, but I know when we booked the trip we didn't take, unless you book through them and stay there, it's no golf for you. There are reviews of the resort online where people rent homes within the complex through the private owners, get down there, and can't use any of the facilities, not only the golf courses. That's not a knock on Reunion as they make it very clear on their website, but people booking vacations don't check, those they rent from don't tell them, and everyone ends up unhappy.

Kevin

I'm not sure you can sneak peek unless you stay on the grounds. Maybe they would make an exemption in this case if contacted, but I know when we booked the trip we didn't take, unless you book through them and stay there, it's no golf for you. There are reviews of the resort online where people rent homes within the complex through the private owners, get down there, and can't use any of the facilities, not only the golf courses. That's not a knock on Reunion as they make it very clear on their website, but people booking vacations don't check, those they rent from don't tell them, and everyone ends up unhappy.

Kevin
Interesting. So I wonder if we had you staying there they'd let us on. We'll definitely want to figure all that out, I mean I think Orlando has a few golf courses so we could play somewhere else if we had to but I know I'd sure like to get a peek at Reunion if possible.

I should add that there will NOT be time for practice rounds on Friday, so if you want to play a round ahead of time, you will have to get in a day prior. Friday will be range and media ONLY.

I should add that there will NOT be time for practice rounds on Friday, so if you want to play a round ahead of time, you will have to get in a day prior. Friday will be range and media ONLY.

JB how much time will be spent at Reunion on Friday?

The last mention I saw of how many of the courses we would play I believe said two at least, possibly three. Will we know ahead of time so if we come in early, we could choose which course(s) we might feel would be the most beneficial on which to practice?

Kevin

JB how much time will be spent at Reunion on Friday?

Most of the day.

The last mention I saw of how many of the courses we would play I believe said two at least, possibly three. Will we know ahead of time so if we come in early, we could choose which course(s) we might feel would be the most beneficial on which to practice?

Kevin

We will know more than a month out which courses will be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back