Mizuno MP Series Putter Headweights?

MelbaToasted

robotFOOD
Reaction score
Handicap
Mulligans
Anyone have any info on the headweights for the Mizuno MP Series putters? I'm looking specifically at the "Del Mar / #9" shaped MP T102, and am getting really tempted to overpay and have one shipped from Europe. Are the headweights specific to the lengths like the Mizuno Bettinardi putters were?

If no one has any specific numbers, can anyone who has actually rolled any of the MP Series comment on if they felt heavy, light, etc? Thanks!

They are some of the sexiest putters I have ever seen. I dont know the headweights though.

Mizuno-MP-T102-Putter-1_17205.jpg

putter_mp_t102_2-z.jpg

MediaViewer.aspx

They are some of the sexiest putters I have ever seen. I dont know the headweights though.

putter_mp_t102_2-z.jpg

MediaViewer.aspx

Ya, they are pretty freaking gorgeous. Just straight sexy.

yeah, the more i see the T102, the more i want it... a petition needs to be started to bring these stateside ASAP.

putter_mp_t102_2-z.jpg

MediaViewer.aspx

They are beautifull putters indeed. Im still waiting for Mizuno to bring those putters to the U.S. market. As much as Id love to have one, Im not ready to pay the $300 that Tourspecgolf wants for one.
Until then, my Cleveland Classic 2 will do just fine. Its almost the same thing (minus the fact that its not forged, lack the face milling and doesnt have Mizuno logos on it), for less than 1/3 the cost.

yeah, the more i see the T102, the more i want it... a petition needs to be started to bring these stateside ASAP.

Ironically they had these in the US (not really) in the Mizuno Bettinardi putters and they did not sell then. I cannot imagine them coming to this crowded market again anytime soon. Just like the golf ball and the golf shoe.

Ironically they had these in the US (not really) in the Mizuno Bettinardi putters and they did not sell then. I cannot imagine them coming to this crowded market again anytime soon. Just like the golf ball and the golf shoe.
Last year I contacted Mizuno about the putters and they told me that they had no plans to bring them to the states. You are right that they had very similar putters in the Bettinardi line and they werent strong sellers.
As for the shoes, according to Tourspecgolf, Mizuno doesnt even make a shoe bigger than size 10.5, so Im pretty sure that would leave out a signifigant number of North American buyers anyways.

Interesting, I didnt know they had a golf ball

Last year I contacted Mizuno about the putters and they told me that they had no plans to bring them to the states.
As for the shoes, according to Tourspecgolf, Mizuno doesnt even make a shoe bigger than size 10.5, so Im pretty sure that would leave out a signifigant number of North American buyers anyways.

That is true and not true. Their current golf shoe line, does not have anything larger than what would be an 11 or so here. But they make shoes larger that are sold here (non-golf), so that would not be a problem. Mizuno has made it very clear that with their budget, they will not be entering markets that are dominated by "other" things. Makes sense in some aspects with high end putters, balls and shoes in the US. Ironically a marketplace dominated by all the same company...hehe.

That is true and not true. Their current golf shoe line, does not have anything larger than what would be an 11 or so here. But they make shoes larger that are sold here (non-golf), so that would not be a problem.
Very true. Ive got Mizuno running shoes that I wear and I wear a size 12. I should have been more clear when I said what TSG told me. They were definetly talking about golf shoes.
Mizuno has made it very clear that with their budget, they will not be entering markets that are dominated by "other" things.
Which makes sense from a business standpoint.

I have the Japanese version MP Craft S103 34in. (center shafted mallet). I love the putter. Not sure of the exact weight but it feels heavier than my Scotty Cameron Fastback 1 33in. w/ 20 weights.

Anyone have any info on the headweights for the Mizuno MP Series putters? I'm looking specifically at the "Del Mar / #9" shaped MP T102, and am getting really tempted to overpay and have one shipped from Europe. Are the headweights specific to the lengths like the Mizuno Bettinardi putters were?

If no one has any specific numbers, can anyone who has actually rolled any of the MP Series comment on if they felt heavy, light, etc? Thanks!

More than 5 years late to this thread, but I can now say the head weight of the MP A series putters is in the range of 341-344 grams..

Back