TaylorMade Kingdom Experience Diary

Riding to the airport to head back to Naples, I still can't believe how great this weekend was and how thankful I will always be to Taylor Made and THP for this chance. Got to play today with two of the staffers, I played horrible but the ability to play with these guys who build such great equipment for the greatest players in the world was very special to me.

I've got a video to post in regards to that trailer, hope you enjoy it.
LOVE the video DD. The music timing was perfect and added even more excitement to it.

Also loving the relay of info from the Georgia guys and can't wait to see the vids that they post up. That old tour trailer on site has got to be awesome to get into to see your clubs being built. And the MATT system, wow. We have a place here int own that is going to get that system, so I may have to go get fit on that.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Amazing video DD...very cool experience indeed. BOOM!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I don't know how many times I said that this weekend. Being the old dude in this three some I am not as tech savy as Danny and Martin so I will begin posting now that I am at home and in my comfort zone. The Ritz is as plush as you would imagine and the staff was A1 for sure. They went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable and attended to. Great staff and amenities, pretty much everything a person could ask, from a spa, Annika ladies golf clothing shop inside, a heated pool down by the lake beside Gaby's restaurant, the previously mentioned fire pit and smores at night. twice daily room clean up, transportation to anywhere on the property. anything you would want of them, they responded.
The first nights supper was absolutely delicious as was the parting nights meal last night, I took pictures of the menu and I hope you can see them when they get posted, I had the creme brulee each night for desert and it was as good as it gets. I am already missing the food.
Pictures and videos are to follow, I got a good video explaining the forging process, an entire video of my club being made from start to finish and a great description of the MATT system, I ran out of battery during the Q&A at the end, but SW FLA saw me put down my camera and realized what was going on and picked up the remaining Q&A minus about 20 seconds. We will get those posted as we get time.
TaylorMade is first class all the way, all of the guys and gal that I talked to were very proud to be a part of such a great company, and yes we did relay hellos from you guys who were at Carlsbad last week, Dave and Charles were actually tickled to hear from you.
I really enjoyed the experience and both of my fellow THPers are great guys to just hang and talk with, every one should be happy to have them representing THP so well.
I am still grinning and as I said pics and video to follow.

Here are the menus from the w nights in order, you know food is very important to us older types.

P3181413.jpg

P3191457.jpg

I thought it was neat that the bell captian and his assistants wore plus fours.
P3191415.jpg

Below is a pic of the gift bag that was awaiting us when we returned from supper on the 1st night.
5543992548_0ff194acac_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok folks, I promised a new video from our Kingdom Experience in Carlsbad.
Like Jake, Steve and I have said before, it was a trip that we will never forget, nor will we be able to thank THP, The Aviara Resort, Taylormade, Dave, Charlie, Pete and the rest of the crew at TM enough.

So here it is.... (turn up the volume for full effect !)

If you would like to view it full screen, here is the link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HmACRq2j8

Drumdog that video was AWESOME!!! Excellent work, and what's with you guys playing your R11 Guitar with a straight face? That thing needs to be whaled on! BOOM! Good stuff, brought back a lot of memories from an amazing weekend.

That was a awesome video DD

Here are the pics from the balcony overlooking Lake Oconee

P3181409.jpg

P3181404.jpg

The photo below was taken from the outside looking up to the room, it is on the 3rd level by the column. The patio has a table and chair to just sit an enjoy the tranquil view.

P3181410.jpg

This place is just beautiful, more pics coming.

Here is our orientation to the Kingdom and introductions period, unfortunately everyone was so awestruck that no one from either group recorded the introductions. The head of the Reynolds plantation Kingdom Robin English is speaking to us in this pic. In the green shirt closest to Robin is Mardin and in the green/white close to the camera is SW FLA. We were lucky enough to have Robin with us in our foursome during the afternoon round of golf.

P3191421.jpg

This is the 1st view of the driving range the other side is 330/340 yards away so we did not hit anyone on the other end :D

P3191422.jpg

Here is the signature board at the Reynolds Kingdom, I did not get them all as I was planning to come back and get them later, the day was so full there was no later.

P3191417.jpg

P3191418.jpg

P3191419.jpg

Last edited:
SW FLA fell in love with this putter, I am thinking he will probably have one very soon, being as we were not in Carlsbad we were offered the opportunity to purchase TaylorMade items when we get home with the generous discount they received in California last week.

P3191428.jpg

Below most of hosts from California are hitting a few before we head to the golf course.

P3191429.jpg

Here was the view from the 1st hole we played with our new R-11 drivers, Mardin has video of the results.

P3191430.jpg

This is the 188 yard par 3 that SW FLA hit one to 10 feet on and Mardin hit his to 3 feet. Mardin made the putt.

P3191439.jpg

d love to see more pics of your putter SW FLA

Great pics Dawg and it sounds like you guys had a blast.

Just a quick video...more to come.

Drumdog that video was AWESOME!!! Excellent work, and what's with you guys playing your R11 Guitar with a straight face? That thing needs to be whaled on! BOOM! Good stuff, brought back a lot of memories from an amazing weekend.

Glad you guys like the video and thanks for the compliments.

I love the photos from the Georgia boys !!
That place looks spectacular and I know how much fun you had.
Well done on the reporting !!

Thanks Bridges & Ole Gray, it was a blast and I will have video as soon a it uploads on youtube. For some reason it is super slow tonight, but I have quite a few, so it may be a few days before they are all posted. Here is a poor quality photo with an interesting Alister Mackenzie quote. Dd & Mardin, the videos are great, mine will be the vanilla variety, but I have some good info to share.

P3191425.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics and videos guys! I knew the Ritz had to be nice since Carrie Underwood's wedding was there last year. It looks amazing! Can't wait to hear more about the GA experience.

Nice Job everybody, looks like you guys had a blast while blasting the R11 lol. What was the carry to get over the water

Great pics and videos guys! I knew the Ritz had to be nice since Carrie Underwood's wedding was there last year. It looks amazing! Can't wait to hear more about the GA experience.

WHAT! She's cheating on me lol

Nice Job everybody, looks like you guys had a blast while blasting the R11 lol. What was the carry to get over the water

I think it was 200+ over the sand trap to the fairway.

I think it was 200+ over the sand trap to the fairway.

cool thanks, if you dont mind me asking what was your favorite part of the trip? Getting fit for the R11 had to be just a awesome experience and also shooting the crap with the TM staff must of been great

Here's what was in our schwag bags that awaited us after dinner Friday evening. I'm missing the white polo in the pic because I'm wearing it now. The "my" pentas are lucky #7's.

Thank you for the amazing accessories TaylorMade, adidas, and Ashworth.

aefc8532-a064-a611.jpg

If I recall correctly I shot 154 in line with the pin, Madrin and SW FLA shot straight to the pin, I missed right (no guts, no glory) and Robin was in the left bunker.

edit- I thought you were asking about 188 yd par 3.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly I shot 154 in line with the pin, Madrin and SW FLA shot straight to the pin, I missed right (no guts, no glory) and Robin was in the left bunker.it;

edit- I thought you were asking about 188 yd par 3.

talking about with the R11 when everybody hit over the water, i think they said it was hole 18 in the video. SW FLA how you like that TM Targa Tour glove? That is the glove i use and used it all last year and its awesome!

Here's my first video, it is on the forging process.

Last edited:
Actually I wasn't using the targa glove, that was a tech extreme. I like to wear a glove to the range a few times before taking it to the course. I used the targa this morning on the range though and I really enjoyed the neoprene(?) On the pinky and ring fingers as well as the feel right across the back of the hand.
The water carry wasn't that far but the intimidation factor was huge. I laughed in its face and crushed that ball though :) words can't explain how much I love the R11, I bet I hit it for 30 minutes solid while we were waiting to go play Saturday, outright incredible driver.

And Robin was correct, the white ball goes further :p

talking about with the R11 when everybody hit over the water, i think they said it was hole 18 in the video. SW FLA how you like that TM Targa Tour glove? That is the glove i use and used it all last year and its awesome!

cool thanks, if you dont mind me asking what was your favorite part of the trip? Getting fit for the R11 had to be just a awesome experience and also shooting the crap with the TM staff must of been great

I think my favorite part of the trip besides getting fitted was meeting all of the TaylorMade staff and my new THP friends. I completely enjoyed hanging out with people who just love golf equipment, love to play golf, love to live golf, and live to love golf. Everyone was amazing and the knowledge and wisdom that I gained this weekend will stick with me forever.

Back