The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Until I start eatting something that kills spiders dead but not me, then food it shall be.

Just got back from the range and my left hand is just thrashed. My thumb can hardly move from an injury this winter from snowboarding. I'm guessing it's a bad sprain. and I have been THPing so much my left wrist is just hurting really bad. It's a sharp pain right where all the nerves or tendons are. If I squeeze them it hurts more so I know it's something to do with that.

Just got back from the range and my left hand is just thrashed. My thumb can hardly move from an injury this winter from snowboarding. I'm guessing it's a bad sprain. and I have been THPing so much my left wrist is just hurting really bad. It's a sharp pain right where all the nerves or tendons are. If I squeeze them it hurts more so I know it's something to do with that.

Dude, my right wrist (No, not what your thinking haha) has been hurting off and on lately. Might have to tape it up next time it starts to hurt a little that way i can play.

Dude, my right wrist (No, not what your thinking haha) has been hurting off and on lately. Might have to tape it up next time it starts to hurt a little that way i can play.

Lol, does it hurt when you type? I always get this when I type too much on the computer. What can you tape it with and how can you do that to avoid pain?

Lol, does it hurt when you type? I always get this when I type too much on the computer. What can you tape it with and how can you do that to avoid pain?

No, not when I type. Just when I make a fist or try to close/open my hand. It usually goes away after a day though. Know how you tape your ankle if you sprain it? Just helps keep it together and tight or something more medical/scientific than that.

There is a few different ways you can tape it.

I usually do this. Put the pre wrap on first then put the tape over the top. Do it pretty tight but not so tight it cuts off blood circulation.
SidebarFileServlet

Also this way to do it, where it goes on your hand for more support.
pic_china_taping_053.jpg

The hand method seems tough for golf.. can you even close your hand to grip the club that way?

The hand method seems tough for golf.. can you even close your hand to grip the club that way?

Ya. It probably would not feel right, but you can close your hand. Try the first one and see if it helps. I used to do that for football so I wouldnt sprain my wrist when I got tackled or hit the ground hand first. Might feel a little weird at first but I bet you wont notice it after a few swings. I think byrd or Olgivy had there wrist taped this week (not the hand one, but just the wrist way)

Ya I'll give it a try, I've taped my wrist before I beleive because I always run into this problem but I do find it hard to get wrist hinge because of it. Beats pain though.

Well I mean you dont have to play with it, you can tape it on days your not playing that way it wont start to hurt

Well I mean you dont have to play with it, you can tape it on days your not playing that way it wont start to hurt

Bridges, you really could take this quote so far down the gutter that you'd be stuck in it.

Bridges, you really could take this quote so far down the gutter that you'd be stuck in it.

Lmao. Ya bridges you should have thrown the word wrist in there somewhere.

My banter: I've never mentioned this to THP but I have Padraig Harrington syndrome. During all my shots I do the same thing he does and just remembered it today at the range. my bottom lip inside is all scratched because of it. No more making fun of Paddy anymore when he does this because trust me, I do the same thing and it does hurt.

_41782884_harrington300.jpg

Lmao. Ya bridges you should have thrown the word wrist in there somewhere.

My banter: I've never mentioned this to THP but I have Padraig Harrington syndrome. During all my shots I do the same thing he does and just remembered it today at the range. my bottom lip inside is all scratched because of it. No more making fun of Paddy anymore when he does this because trust me, I do the same thing and it does hurt.

_41782884_harrington300.jpg

I do this as well, but not when I'm golfing. It's been a good few days when my bottom lips all bit up.

I do this as well, but not when I'm golfing. It's been a good few days when my bottom lips all bit up.

Lol I assume you do it when you're really focused hawk? That's weird because I never do it off the course. Just when I'm shooting.

Sorry to hear that man. I'm in the same boat, tonight I'm going to try and get my bottom lip biting on. If you put on some Barry White, dim the lights, and fire up some candles and you don't bit your bottom lip, it ain't barry's fault.

Sorry to hear that man. I'm in the same boat, tonight I'm going to try and get my bottom lip biting on. If you put on some Barry White, dim the lights, and fire up some candles and you don't bit your bottom lip, it ain't barry's fault.

I once had a faux tiger bedspread, but had no game to go with it. I actually tried the Barry White trick and failed so bad. True story.

Lol I assume you do it when you're really focused hawk? That's weird because I never do it off the course. Just when I'm shooting.

Yea. Focused!

Dent get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with uncooked rice. For about 15-20 mins a day or whatever is comfortable at first grab handfuls and squeeze it as you try and get your hands to the bottom of the bucket. That will toughen up those limp wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dent get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with uncooked rice. For about 15-20 mins a day or whatever is comfortable at first grab handfuls and squeeze it as you try and get your hands to the bottom of the bucket. That will toughen up those limp wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this legit? This actually works? That is a really weird technique.. do you think a stress ball imitates the same effect?

PS- I looked at the clock, saw it was 9:45 and just knew the Banter Away Thread would be at the top of NEW POSTS.

Is this legit? This actually works? That is a really weird technique.. do you think a stress ball imitates the same effect?

PS- I looked at the clock, saw it was 9:45 and just knew the Banter Away Thread would be at the top of NEW POSTS.

Your clock is wrong, its only 7:47

Yeah bro. Its sick. Works well. Pair that with your nightly wrister workout routine you should make a quick comeback. Dont overdo it on the nightly wrister routine though, or itll fall off. Either that, or youll go blind.

Yeah bro. Its sick. Works well. Pair that with your nightly wrister workout routine you should make a quick comeback. Dont overdo it on the nightly wrister routine though, or itll fall off. Either that, or youll go blind.

Lmfao. I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to think of something to say to that. I can't.

I'm going to enjoy hearing the reason why being at a later time zone makes us lucky.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back