What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to but my playing partner wasn't up to go somewhere else. Now tomorrow I have to look at Copperhead all day and it will just irk me even more.

how much did you pay?

I did not play today but I had my first lesson and it was great! It helped so much with my set up(I have one now) and I lost my slice. On top of that I hit a 7 iron 220 meters in a straight line!

Well, for the first time in about 6 months I finally made a few putts! Even though I shot a 78 which was my first round in the 70's since last year, I was ALL OVER the course.. It wasnt pretty!

Played in the Spring TriFecta yesterday - that is a tournament of three formats - two-man teams play 6 holes of better ball, 6 holes of scramble, and 6 holes of alternate shot. My partner is my good buddy Swanny, who is 73 but can flat play. He showed up crying about his gout and how bad his foot hurt, so I knew he would play well. I have a history of playing well in this event, so it was game on. We started in the middle of the alternate shot holes, and at Island #9, our 2nd hole, I ran in an 8 footer to get us to -1. Then we immediately turned to the better ball holes, and doggone it we both bogeyed the first one to fall even. But, I hit the par 5 Pine 3rd in 2 and made easy birdie, and at the par 3 Pine 6th we both stuck it under 10 feet to birdie again (I didn't even have to putt from 6 feet when Swanny canned his). That gave us -1 in better ball, and -2 for the day as we went to scramble. Our first scramble hole was the par 5 Pine 7th, which I hit in 2, and watched as Swanny canned another from 15 feet for the eagle, and we went to -4. the next hole was a disappointment as I nearly drove the green, but we could chip no closer than 10 feet and failed to convert. We turned to Island #1, where I drove big to the 100 marker, then stuck my AW 8 feet under the hole, and Swanny converted to put us at -5; then Island #2 was the exact opposite, as Swanny hit a big drive and pitched to 10 feet and I converted the birdie. So we finished the 6 scramble holes in -4, and went to the last 4 alternate shot holes at -6 on the round. On Island #4 Swanny teed us off down the pipe, but I tried to power in a 6 iron in from 190 and chunked it horribly leading to bogey. At the Island 5th however, I rolled down a 20 footer for birdie to get us back to -6. Swanny put us on the island green 6th for a safe par. At the last I had 110 in but blocked it to the right side of the green, and left a huge breaker which Swanny left 3 feet away, We read it to be a right center putt and I hit it dead on that line, but we totally underestimated the slope and it missed left for a stinker bogey to finish. Our 67 turned out to be in a 4 way tie for 2nd place - the winning team had fired a 65. We really had a good day for the most part with 6 birdies and an eagle, but you just can't win in team format with 3 bogeys. Still it was a great day of beautiful weather and camaraderie and some sweet golf thrown in....

Nice playing Sam! Sounds like a really fun format. and 67 is a great score as well. Congrats on 2nd.

Fired an 85 ( 6863 yds )in 25-30mph winds with bulldog today , if I could actually putt I could of been in the mid 70's !

I got another chance at Painted Dunes West/North courses today and put up a 80. A 42 on the front 9 and a 38 on the back. Hit 11/14 fairways, 7/18 greens, 5/11 up & down chance, and 33 putts. Just not getting the Gambler to work like the Scotty yet...it might be the additional 10g that is throwing me off. I'll keep giving it some green time to adjust. 8 pars, 1 birdie, the rest bogeys.

The first hole I started with four putts. Our greens are three weeks into the spring aeration and at their very worst. Birdie on the second hole and shot 75, three over, for the day. Two more birdies, and one three putt. One more round on my old knee before replacement Monday morning.

Sunday is another day, after striking the ball so well the last few rounds, it all caught up with me today! If there was a bad lie, I found it today and missed most greens on the wrong side. The short version--86. Now it looks like about six weeks off for recovery from knee replacement in the morning.

Shot 97 at Sleepy Ridge links in Orem, UT. I was using borrowed wal-mart clubs, the wind was blowing 25+ mph, and the temp was in the mid 40's.

Shot a 79 today first time out this season. Iron play and putting needs alot of work this season.

Shot an 85 yesterday, on a short, par 69 course (first full round this year), but took $6 off some guys I hooked up with. Today shot a 90 in cold, blustery conditions. Aside from the 8 and two 7s, I was happy with it.

Shot a 90 today. Much better than the 98 I shot last Sunday!!

My score was dismal. a 91. short game trouble.

Played Long Shadow Golf Course with Ole Gray and Setho in Madison, GA yesterday. It is a link style course with bunkers and deep rough everywhere. Shot an 87. I took pictures on every hole but somehow lost all but these two when I tried to download them.

Shot 76. Three putted twice and two putted for birdie twice. Had a tremendous ball striking day. Putting wasn't real good and chipping wasn't good. Highlight of the round was on 17. 275 yard hole with pin stuck behind a tall bunker. Feeling very cocky about my ball striking I told my playing partners I was gonna fly it over the sand by the hole. Took a dollar bet on it then did it.

Played Chesapeake Bay Golf Club in Rising Sun MD, shot a 43/46 for a personal best 89 in my first round with the Di11's in the bag. 32 putts but the short game really saved me for the times I missed the green. If I could somehow take out the first two holes, both doubles and the second to last two, a triple and a three putt bogey Id had a killer round. Ball striking was the highlight.

Last edited:
Well done, Kev. How are the course conditions over there?

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Played Chesapeake Bay Golf Club in Rising Sun MD, shot a 43/46 for a personal best 89 in my first round with the Di11's in the bag. 32 putts but the shot game really saved me for the times I missed the green. If I could somehow take out the first two holes, both doubles and the second to last two, a triple and a three putt bogey Id had a killer round. Ball striking was the highlight.

Well done OEM!!! It's always nice when you play a good round of golf, then you sit there and reflect on how it could've been even better.

Way to go bro! Another round logged for a member of Team Hackers!!! I love the fact that my team is full of guys who are actually playing golf.

Played Long Shadow Golf Course with Ole Gray and Setho in Madison, GA yesterday. It is a link style course with bunkers and deep rough everywhere. Shot an 87. I took pictures on every hole but somehow lost all but these two when I tried to download them.

Ruh Roh! Looks like Setho lost a tee shot in that gnar-gnar.

giddyup dude! good round with the new sticks
Played Chesapeake Bay Golf Club in Rising Sun MD, shot a 43/46 for a personal best 89 in my first round with the Di11's in the bag. 32 putts but the shot game really saved me for the times I missed the green. If I could somehow take out the first two holes, both doubles and the second to last two, a triple and a three putt bogey Id had a killer round. Ball striking was the highlight.

78. Two birds and an eagle on the back nine, but gave it all back with some poor decision-making and putting. Pretty pleased for first time out this year (and first time with new woods/irons). Based on weather predictions, could be a while before 2nd time out.

I shot a dismal 88 today, with a 10 on the first hole, lol. Started out with a beautiful drive on the long, narrow par 5 beginning hole, pulled out the SF 2.0 3w and hit the ball dead straight left OB. Followed that up by another pull into trees and everything continued down hill from there. I played ok the rest of the day to the most part. Putting was just ok, but kept getting those little 30 yard shots to the green that I'm struggling to keep below the hole.

I shot a dismal 88 today, with a 10 on the first hole, lol. Started out with a beautiful drive on the long, narrow par 5 beginning hole, pulled out the SF 2.0 3w and hit the ball dead straight left OB. Followed that up by another pull into trees and everything continued down hill from there. I played ok the rest of the day to the most part. Putting was just ok, but kept getting those little 30 yard shots to the green that I'm struggling to keep below the hole.

Were you aiming left on that 2nd shot, expecting the ball to cut?

88's pretty good considering you're just coming out of winter.

Were you aiming left on that 2nd shot, expecting the ball to cut?

88's pretty good considering you're just coming out of winter.

Yes, the hole gets real narrow in the last hundred yards and swing right around some huge evergreens, but off a good drive I'm still out 240. I tried to fade the ball into the neck, staying back about 80 to 100, but the ball didn't cut. Seems like I always go one extreme or the other on that hole. Birdie or super bogey, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back