Gas Prices: What are you paying?

Just when I thought we've reached our peak in prices, it went back up 2 cents :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have a car with forced induction, your car will handle 87 just fine.

Not exactly true. If your auto manufacturer recommends premium, you should use premium. Using gas with a lower octane rating will result in lower gas mileage and less power as the car's ECU will adjust ignition timing. My Acura TL is NA and power and gas mileage is terrible on 87. Besides, I can afford the extra $2.50 or tank that gives my car better power and mileage.

Still 3.69/g at the Costco near my house.

Not exactly true. If your auto manufacturer recommends premium, you should use premium. Using gas with a lower octane rating will result in lower gas mileage and less power as the car's ECU will adjust ignition timing. My Acura TL is NA and power and gas mileage is terrible on 87. Besides, I can afford the extra $2.50 or tank that gives my car better power and mileage.

I know what it does as far as pulling timing, but the car won't explode and you won't do any damage to car long term. That's all I'm saying.

Just when I thought we've reached our peak in prices, it went back up 2 cents :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we are anywhere near the peak yet.

That is what I think as well. $3.69 here now.

Yeah, it's going to continue to go up and down, but where it goes down 2 cents, it will go up 10 cents. Anyone wish we had started drilling everywhere there is oil in the U.S. 15, 20, even 30 years ago? How's that tree hugging going?

I took a 1 week vacation to go back and visit my family in San Francisco. Just before I left town I noticed My car's tank was low, I was lazy and thought "hey maybe it'll go down from the $3.60 in a week when I get back in town."
Two days ago I got back into town and was greeted with $3.95 staring me down. Welcome back to town snap....

Yeah, it's going to continue to go up and down, but where it goes down 2 cents, it will go up 10 cents. Anyone wish we had started drilling everywhere there is oil in the U.S. 15, 20, even 30 years ago? How's that tree hugging going?

God d@mn tree huggers......

Just went up to $3.58 overnight, a $.20 increase from yesterday.

When they recommend 93 octane, that is for OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.

and then whats going to happen when that oil runs out? Not to mention who wants to have an oil refinery in their back yard or when theres an oil spill and it spoils some nature preserve?
Its not as clean or simple as people think. The mantra, "drill baby, drill" isnt going to get us out of this mess.

jumped $0.11 yesterday. I shouldn't complain as it's still lower than a lot of other areas. $3.43.

$3.51 this morning - holy crap

You folks are lucky!
In Alberta, where we are resource rich, the price of a litre is 1.13. Thats 4.52 a gallon.

Hard telling where prices are heading now with the earthquake situation in Japan and more problems in the middle east. Worries me that there could be no stopping the price hikes now. Hard telling where it will top out.

Local it is still hanging at $3.69 as of this morning. Monday could be another story.

Hard telling where prices are heading now with the earthquake situation in Japan and more problems in the middle east. Worries me that there could be no stopping the price hikes now. Hard telling where it will top out.

Local it is still hanging at $3.69 as of this morning. Monday could be another story.

Actually, the quake made prices go down yesterday. Less demand. Seriously, oil went down.

Actually, the quake made prices go down yesterday. Less demand. Seriously, oil went down.

Yes, but I'm talking long term. Nuclear power could be offline in Japan for a VERY long time and that will have a pretty big impact on oil. I hate to say it but $7....$8 gas here this summer would not suprise me right now. The middle east situation is more than enough to make it bad without Japan in the equation.

It was $3.48 by me today.

I paid $3.27 in Warrensburg yesterday. It is $3.44 by my house.

$3.71 for premium @ Costco tonight.

You folks are lucky!
In Alberta, where we are resource rich, the price of a litre is 1.13. Thats 4.52 a gallon.

No, you're the lucky one Mark.

$1.469 in Vancouver for regular, IE $5.50 a gallon. Premium is up to $1.699 or $6.32 a gallon

Filled up for $3.39 today - $43 once I hit full.

Tap before talk.

thats why i never wait till its empty anymore... half a tank is empty to me so it doesnt look that bad when i fill it up

$3.78 a gallon. Anywhere from $55-$65 Normally depending on how long I wait to fill her up.

Back