TaylorMade Kingdom Experience Diary

And Robin was correct, the white ball goes further :p

SWFLA had the quote of the weekend after crushing the ball with his new R11...."Take that Callaway!!!"

SWFLA had the quote of the weekend after crushing the ball with his new R11...."Take that Callaway!!!"

haha i heard that, it was awesome. No doubt they both make great drivers but i love the R11. Loving the videos and pics guys

Good stuff Georgia boys. Looks like an incredible adventure. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Great pics and video's guys. Man the kingdom sure does know how to treat a fella.

Had the opportunity to play this morning with the TM guys at the National Course, which was very nice as well. I was having some trouble with my Adams Super Black today so as we were saying our farewells at the Ritz Carlton he hands me two clubs and says take these. Bonus! I can't believe that random act of kindness, I had an incredible weekend but that single two word statement topped everything I experienced. Such kindness from a total stranger to another stranger is mind blowing, I was seriously speech less and honestly still am in a way. It just goes to further cement what all 6 of us who were lucky enough to go this weekend fully understand, TaylorMade is a company made up of impeccable character and staffed by those who love the game and their fellow golfers.

Seriously guys, thank you.

Clubs:
My custom built R11 fairway finding machine
aefc8532-aa97-0b64.jpg

First of the bonus clubs I mentioned above: R11 4W
aefc8532-aaf5-5ea2.jpg

Second of clubs mentioned above: Burner Superfast 4H
aefc8532-ab36-fc78.jpg

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

cool thanks, if you dont mind me asking what was your favorite part of the trip? Getting fit for the R11 had to be just a awesome experience and also shooting the crap with the TM staff must of been great

Actually it was the entire trip, but Saturday just stands out as the best golf day of my life. I got to play with my THP friends and the director of the Kingdom, I hit more golf balls than I have ever hit in a single day in my life, I tried every piece of equipment I could get my hands on, I played one of the best resort courses in the south, and was pampered with my every whim. The day began at 7:30 and ended that night at 10 p.m. and was full every minute. I was a hacker's dream come true. We talked about everything from the Transitions Championship to the Morgan Cup, and all of the TaylorMade folks were just great. I sat at the table with the other folks the last night as there were only 2 seats left and I left the last seat at the THP table for SW FLA. They were fun to talk to, but the passion did not seem to run as deep in most of them, a few were golfaholics, but for the most part they talked amongst themselves and did not reach out to us. They do have a good forum and were very nice guys for sure, just seem a little more subdued about this great game. Interestingly one of there winners was from Eatonton Georgia and actually lives closer to Reynolds Plantation than I do. I live 30-35 minutes away and he lives 20-25 minutes. He is quite a golfer and won the closest to the pin contest. So to sum it up my favorite part was the entire day of Saturday. I am still so thankful to THP and TaylorMade for making this possible for me and 2 great guys, THPers are just the greatest folks alive, and the TaylorMade staffers all love their job to a person and truly believe they have the finest product in the industry. I believe if a person could only play one product, TaylorMade is the best choice out there.

Last edited:
Thats a 09 Rescue TP not a burner, cant believe he just gave you a 4 wood and Rescue thats awesome

Yeah my bad I was looking at the headcover while typing.

Thats a 09 Rescue TP not a burner, cant believe he just gave you a 4 wood and Rescue thats awesome

Yeah my bad I was looking at the headcover while typing.

thats awesome though, great hybrid.

Had the opportunity to play this morning with the TM guys at the National Course, which was very nice as well. I was having some trouble with my Adams Super Black today so as we were saying our farewells at the Ritz Carlton he hands me two clubs and says take these. Bonus! I can't believe that random act of kindness, I had an incredible weekend but that single two word statement topped everything I experienced. Such kindness from a total stranger to another stranger is mind blowing, I was seriously speech less and honestly still am in a way. It just goes to further cement what all 6 of us who were lucky enough to go this weekend fully understand, TaylorMade is a company made up of impeccable character and staffed by those who love the game and their fellow golfers.

Clubs:
aefc8532-aa97-0b64.jpg

aefc8532-aaf5-5ea2.jpg

aefc8532-ab36-fc78.jpg

How cool, did the 4 wood have the same shaft as your driver? I see the sole is at the same setting, but cannot tell about the rest. Who did you play with? Greg, Charles & Justin? I had a blast playing with you again this week end and look forward to playing again soon.

It has the blur 70, which worked pretty well in the driver but Jay liked the xcon 5 for me a little better. Played with Brian and Dave, ran into them again at the airport as they were heading to Bay Hill. Awesome guys all around. The course was deserted this morning, I think it just our group and the other Kingdom folks playing out there.

Just got done reading through today's updates. Wow!! That course looks amazing and it sounds like you guys had just as much fun as the guys who went to CA last week. The video is great and I'm loving the pics. Still so jealous, yet, so excited for you guys that got to experience this, whether in CA or GA. Makes me want to start saving up to purchase the whole experience for myself!!!

Good deal, I thought about you this morning and wondered if you got over to Great Waters, The Oconee is not a bad alternative, huh?

Just got done reading through today's updates. Wow!! That course looks amazing and it sounds like you guys had just as much fun as the guys who went to CA last week. The video is great and I'm loving the pics. Still so jealous, yet, so excited for you guys that got to experience this, whether in CA or GA. Makes me want to start saving up to purchase the whole experience for myself!!!

While we were playing with Robin we asked about someone getting just the driver fitting, he said it runs $695 so I think that is pretty reasonable when you consider the driver cost $399. They also get to do something we did not get to do, and that is being fitted with the MATT system, I have a video discussing that technology and will be posting it in the next few days. After seeing the results of their fitting this weekend, I am pretty sure when I change drivers in a couple of years, this is the route I will go. It was phenominal, I believe everyone picked up at least 20 yards, and those aren't internet yards either, those are the real thing.

Clubs:
aefc8532-aa97-0b64.jpg

aefc8532-aaf5-5ea2.jpg

aefc8532-ab36-fc78.jpg

wow that is awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 4 wood.

While we were playing with Robin we asked about someone getting just the driver fitting, he said it runs $695 so I think that is pretty reasonable when you consider the driver cost $399. They also get to do something we did not get to do, and that is being fitted with the MATT system, I have a video discussing that technology and will be posting it in the next few days. After seeing the results of their fitting this weekend, I am pretty sure when I change drivers in a couple of years, this is the route I will go. It was phenominal, I believe everyone picked up at least 20 yards, and those aren't internet yards either, those are the real thing.

Thats awesome, 20 yards is huge for a driver switch.

Two extra clubs. Bi-winning!!! Just another example of TaylorMades commitment to it's customers. They brought us out here because they have tremendous faith in their product. They knew that they could fit us into their clubs and everyone that I talked to got a little extra from the R11. Whether it was more consistent shot dispersion or extra yards, they knew their clubs can help everyone. Last week the Cali guys spoke about how TaylorMade's commitment to all players may have won them over in the brand wars and in the end I'd have to agree with them. Total and utter commitment to every player across the board from tour players to high-handicappers shows me this company is invested in not only their own well being but also the well being and development of this great game that we love.

It sounds like you guys had an amazing experience, congratulations once again for the win and great job on the coverage!!

I forgot to mention that I have a Tour Edge Exotics 10.5* with a stiff Aldila DVS -65 shaft for sale. It has been for sale since saturday morning. :D

Last post of the day, I have a short video of the short game practice area and mid iron area. The tee box beside me is 190 to the far green, the two tiered tee boxes I show to the left of the closest green are 45 and 65 yards away from the closest green on the right. This is an awesome short game practice area and the putting green is just beyond the two tiered green and was HUGE.

Last edited:
SW FLA fell in love with this putter, I am thinking he will probably have one very soon, being as we were not in Carlsbad we were offered the opportunity to purchase TaylorMade items when we get home with the generous discount they received in California last week.

P3191428.jpg

Below most of hosts from California are hitting a few before we head to the golf course.

P3191429.jpg

Here was the view from the 1st hole we played with our new R-11 drivers, Mardin has video of the results.

P3191430.jpg

This is the 188 yard par 3 that SW FLA hit one to 10 feet on and Mardin hit his to 3 feet. Mardin made the putt.

P3191439.jpg

That course looks awesome! And challenging!

It is awesome and very challenging, Robin the pro with us was very helpful and made the course a little more managable for sure.

Back