What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done OEM!!! It's always nice when you play a good round of golf, then you sit there and reflect on how it could've been even better.

Way to go bro! Another round logged for a member of Team Hackers!!! I love the fact that my team is full of guys who are actually playing golf.

Thank you captain. Every round I play has a whole new meaning and purpose. And I like it.

Well done, Kev. How are the course conditions over there?

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Thanks Hawk, conditions were pretty good all considered. I was still cold and it was a little windy but not bad. And its raining now so glad I got some golf in when I could.

Played this weekend and shot 83! Not a bad score but not where I am used to being. It was a little cold and windy here in Philly this weekend. I waste shots from 100 yards and in. It KILLS me. On one hole I had 7 iron in and layed the sod over it big time. Right down the middle and I CHUNK it! That "ish" really gets me mad! Hit some good shots though and I can't complain! Can't wait to game my new TM SF 2.0 this weekend!

Played my first round on friday and shot an 85. A little higher than I would have liked to shoot but I'll take it for my first time out and with the course still being in rough shape from the winter. I putted really well considering the condition of the greens, only 1 3-putt on the day, and it was from around 100ft out. It felt great to get out on the course again, it got up to 74 here in CT on friday! Seems like a huge tease now because the weather is calling for rain/wintry mix for the next 3 days and its not supposed to get above 45 this coming weekend.

Definitely need to hit the short game area and get those shots dialed in from 50 yards and closer.

I was awful this weekend. After 3 holes, I completely lost my swing, and never got it back. I was suddenly hitting every iron fat, and snap hooking my driver. Was playing with Chunkylover, and he said my swing did not look any different then normal, and felt normal too, but it was just brutal. 6 days after a 3 putt bogey caused me to shoot 90, I went the other way and shot a 52/52 for a 104! The only reason I didn't shoot a 120 is because I 1 putted 7 greens. People at work are asking me how I played this weekend, and all I can say is that what I did does not even count as playing golf, it was something else, something ugly. I won't be able to get back on the course for the next 2 weeks, but hopefully I can get to the range a couple of times, and figure out what the heck happened, because right now, I am clueless.

Played Chesapeake Bay Golf Club in Rising Sun MD, shot a 43/46 for a personal best 89 in my first round with the Di11's in the bag. 32 putts but the short game really saved me for the times I missed the green. If I could somehow take out the first two holes, both doubles and the second to last two, a triple and a three putt bogey Id had a killer round. Ball striking was the highlight.

Great round Kevin! Looks like those Di11s are workin for you.

got out to play my new club opening weekend. it was a lot of fun. Definately one of the tougher courses here in columbus, that will challenge me nicely and give me some good hard practice before the Morgan Cup.

The greens were def in poor condition - they had recently sanded them and aerated so they were bumpy and sloooow. Last year when i played here the greens were so fast i was draining some long putts - so i know it will get better; just not great right now.
that led to 3 three-putts on the front. yikes. Started to correct on the back - but its hard to roll putts when the balls bouncing - break is almost eliminated in some cases or exaggerated in others.

shot a 94 - 50 going out, 44 coming in. big difference was my driver vs 3w. I hit driver on the front and didnt hit a fairway! 3w on back and i hit 3/7. 20 putts on the front, 16 on the back - but i one putted the last 4 greens. and went bogey, par, bogey, par. was able to turn it on in the end.

scoring irons and wedges felt good - my tee shots were putting me into trouble. Weird bc i had a great range session before the round - i thought i had fixed my driver issues.

Not a great round for me - but i know itll get better. gave me some good areas to work on.

heres a pic of #8 - par 3 - was playing 156 to the pin, 160 off the back. two tiered green - water right. I hit an 8 iron - to the dead center of the hump, rolled to the front right. Had a huge uphill putt that broke right-left. I hit to about 6 feet - and rolled in the par.
8par3160.jpg

heres a shot from #10 green - looking back to fairway and clubhouse.
i hit the tee shot right into the water, took penalty, re hit to fairway - hit a light 6 iron to 25 feet - two putted for a double bogey (par if i didnt fail on the first tee shot! damn)
10par4green.jpg

hole #15 - one of my favorites!, par 4 - tee shot over water to a huge left to right fairway. Water covers both sides of the fairway. So on the approach to green - you have to be perfect. You can drive throuh the fairway too - and land it in bunkers, or water. So i hit 3w. split the fairway, hit my apprach dead straight - but short - chipped up, and missed a 6 footer for par :(
15par4.jpg

*going to meet a new THP'er for the first time - MarcW - playing nine holes at 5 pm when he gets off. new course for me too!

Thanks for the pics CG. I love how green your course is already. Looks like a very quiet place.

Awesome course CG. I'll be down towards Columbus later this spring, perhaps we can play a round.

Tap before talk.

Thanks for the pics CG. I love how green your course is already. Looks like a very quiet place.

thanks dent! - i was impressed the fairway was so green and soft already. the rough had some dead parts still - and the greens need work - but its opening weekend didnt expect perfection. ha

Awesome course CG. I'll be down towards Columbus later this spring, perhaps we can play a round.

yea def war - i think we might be doing something up in cleveland too at some point.

Great round Kevin! Looks like those Di11s are workin for you.

Thanks Dent and yes they sure were. Legit man. CG13, nice pics man I like that. New place first round, cant complain huh?

got out to play my new club opening weekend. it was a lot of fun. Definately one of the tougher courses here in columbus, that will challenge me nicely and give me some good hard practice before the Morgan Cup.

The greens were def in poor condition - they had recently sanded them and aerated so they were bumpy and sloooow.

I was in the same boat CG, the greens at the course I played at were extremely bumpy which threw off a lot of longer putts and left me with 5-6 knee-knockers for par/bogey.

What course do you play in columbus? I have family in Columbus and western OH that I visit a few times a year.

46+45=91 Ugly. The course is in horrible condition except the greens. Rough and fairway are all run together, lots of bare dirt spots or clumps of different grass popping up everywhere so the lies not off the tee were horrible and unpredictable. Good contact was almost impossible. Even a "good" like was mostly just less bad than the rest. Greens were ok but covered in leaves and oak buds so it was a little like playing Plinko when putting. Won't be going back there.

Played Mercer Oaks East early saturday morning for my first round of the year (first on-course action for my R11 driver as well). Course was in OK shape, greens were bumpy, but fairways were good for the most part. Temp was around 53 degrees, but man was it windy. 15MPH winds with 25MPH gusts. made for quite the interesting round, but I posted a solid 85 (43/42). I was absolutely puring the r11. Perfect ball flight really prevented the wind from doing much to my drives. However, the wind was a terror on approach shots. I hit 8 of 14 fairways (9 if you include the 300 yard par 4 which i drove over the green), but only hit 9 of 18 GIR. Normally I can scramble if that is the case, but the greens were very hard and bumpy, so it made it hard to stop chips or to make anything over 10-15ft.

A very satisfying first round of the year overall though. Hopefully the temps in NJ pick back up after this week and I can start playing regularly again.

42/49
omg the wind was how ling
it was a steady 30mph with gusts of 57392487539485739489875348754 mph
it literally blew you out of your stance while you were over your ball
it was crazy and im totally surprised at the 42 on the front
i had 5 birdies burn the edges which was really frustrating
nothing worked on the back
i even had a ball almost come back to me after laying into it with a 7i
it went up and forward about 130 and the wind looked like it rejected a layup putting it into the water 100 yrds in front

Played in a Cherry Blossom annual scramble event today. It was a 2 person ladies scramble. My partner was a 23 handicapper. We shot -1 gross and net 52 and won 3rd place. I also won a close-up on a par 3. I was very happy with my driver and 3 wood today!

I was in the same boat CG, the greens at the course I played at were extremely bumpy which threw off a lot of longer putts and left me with 5-6 knee-knockers for par/bogey.

What course do you play in columbus? I have family in Columbus and western OH that I visit a few times a year.

just joined the lakes country club in westerville - last year i played phoenix (grove city) alot - raymond (hilliard) is right by house - Bent Tree (Sunbury) - NorthStar (Sunbury).

Met up with a fellow THP'er, MarcW, we played 9 holes at Champions (columbus).

I shot a 47 - with 4 putts on the first hole! Yikes.. the first putt was about 80 feet if not more. hah left it waaaay short (i didnt warmup putting at all, no idea on speed) hit the next one short again... missed the 5 footer.. unreal.

Had a few weird tee shots - where i completely topped it - i was trying to swing out of my shoes for some reason. stupid. Put together a few good holes.

On the 2nd hole - a black cat walked across the green. haha - nice omen there. hit 43% fairways, only 11% GIR.

Without the first hole * a 7 with a 4 putt- i should have been around 45. i made some dumb mistakes.

Heres a few pics:

deers7.jpg

these deer watched us putt on #6 - then moved to the #7 teebox to watch us tee off. We both hit the fairway on the 515 yard par 5. Wish we had found them earlier lol

This is #8 - a cool hole - that had a blind tee shot uphill and cutting right. It was tight and i ripped a 3w about 240. leaving me 110 in. The approach was crazy and i didnt want to be short so i hit a choked up PW aiming for the ridge in the middle - and it ended up about 12 feet short. Missed the birdie tho!
marcmatt2nd8thchamp.jpg

Marc also hit the fairway - and stuck his approach about the same distance as mine - we both par'd the hole and it wasnt an easy one.

Good stuff CG13, I got out today as well and shot a 42-40 82.

Good job guys! Way to go!

Nice breeze, those scores are droppin man.

Thanks Dent, if I input my last 10 scores into a HC calculator I`m hovering around and 10-11 HC right now, but HC`s are frozen so we will see when they unfreeze what its like.

That was fun Matt, can't wait to play again. I think I shot a 32 (oh, were you counting putts???). :clown:

Good stuff CG13, I got out today as well and shot a 42-40 82.

Wow coolbreeze great round! Love to see those low scores.

I'm still bringing the swing outta hibernation; it doesn't feel anywhere near where it was at the end of last season; but the short game feels good at this point- made some good scrambles for bogey today, including a 110 yard punch down 7 iron under a tree to 10 feet on #9, over a bunker even hehe.

Tapping and talking since 2010.

I shot a 39 today in my golf match. Started off terribly with a double on the very 1st hole then got a few pars. Had 2 bogeys and a birdie with an outrageous lip out on the final hole for my 39. I'll take a 39 on the freshly aerated greens.

Great pictures CG!! Nice round Lukey!! Where were you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back