Tempo Teacher Review

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I'll be doing a review on a new training aid called the Tempo Teacher. Tempo Teacher is designed to improve hip rotation on the downswing to help golfers hit longer and straighter shots.

EDIT: The review is up on the home page.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=13185

Here's a little preview:
Tempo Teacher is a very simple, lightweight, and easy to use aid. It clips to the golfer's belt or pants, perpendicular to the target line. The product helps lead the hips through the swing, keeping the arms and body in "sync". After a few swings, most golfers find that their hip rotation improves as well as the quality of their golf shots. Shots are longer, straighter and more accurate.
IMG_20110319_171859.jpg

IMG_20110319_171708.jpg

I'll begin testing right away and have a full review soon. Learn more at http://www.tempoteacher.com

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching some of your R11 footage from the Kingdom, thanks again Drumdog, you're gonna need this device.

cool training aid, looking forward to your thoughts buddy!

After watching some of your R11 footage from the Kingdom, thanks again Drumdog, you're gonna need this device.
I know, things just happen to show up here at right times.

Looking forward to this review.

Tempo teacher, I like the sound of this. Tempo (IMO) is very critical for solid balanced golf swings.

Looking forward to this, hip rotation is one of the tougher aspects to graph of the golf swing.

Cool! I am excited to see what you think of this. After Flicks lesson, I am feeling like something like this should be on my horizon.

I like it ! My one biggest down fall is tempo. Ive been using Paul Azingers techniqe from Golfplan since last year. This would be a perfect aid to knock the rust off in the beginning of the year.

I've been taking some swings in the living room with this device attached to my belt, it is very non-intrusive to the swing so it is very easy to use. I'm looking forward to the weather shaping up next week and taking this out to the range. I can definitely see how this will be helpful.

I just bought a Swingpact. Using this with the Swingpact would be a great idea I think. Looking forward to your review.

I just bought a Swingpact. Using this with the Swingpact would be a great idea I think. Looking forward to your review.

+1 waiting on the Swingpact and thinking this might be a good idea to coordinate using the two together. Looking forward to the review P4B.

Any news of this ?

Any news of this ?

It takes our testers a few weeks to get time in to put together a full review. Once that is completed, P4B will put together his thoughts and we will get it published on the home page for everybody to take a look at.

It seems almost too simple. I can see the benefit of a product like this though. One of my biggest problems is getting lazy in my hips. Good review Jake.

Nice review Jake, I particularly liked this part. "With Tempo Trainer you can use it as a reminder or use it to completely start over with your tempo, all while not worrying about having to suffer that dreaded “get worse before you get better” curse that seems to go along with many swing changes. I am starting a series of lessons in 2 weeks and concerned with the get worse before getting better curse. I may just order this one too, I have ordered a couple of training aids based on reviews here at THP, and have not been disappointed with either. Thanks again.

I struggle with tempo all the time. If my tempo is bad, I have a long day on the course. This seems really simple, but I like the sounds of it. Price isn't too bad either.

I thought you did a great job on the review, Jake. It's not easy to convey how these things work and I thought you got the message across very well.

That was a good review got me interested. Good job , One question is your name Jason or Jake. Review has Jason but forum has Jake. :bulgy-eyes:

Tempo teacher, I like the sound of this. Tempo (IMO) is very critical for solid balanced golf swings.

Absolutely, I think it may be the MOST critical aspect for me. This review will be interesting, I want to see how it works.

Updated: Just read the review, this is one device that I believe will work for me. (I like simple)

Last edited:
Absolutely, I think it may be the MOST critical aspect for me. This review will be interesting, I want to see how it works.

It's up. Look above you :)

I am very interested in this review. No doubt that a good tempo can enhance anyone's golf game.

I am very interested in this review. No doubt that a good tempo can enhance anyone's golf game.
The review is up buddy, the link is on the first post of this thread.

It is almost too simple really, it gives you a feeling of "why didn't I think of that?!" when using it. I'll throw it in by bag and have it with me at the outing, I know Dr. Teeth and others have expressed interest in trying it so it'll be there if anyone wants to give themselves a quick tempo check up.

Back