The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are a TM staffer and end up with the XFT wedges, will you have to use the ztp wedge faces or will you have the option of the Z grooves?

You will have to wait and see on equipment.

I'd love to see a slew of THP'ers down there enjoying the facilities and festivities with us.

+1, so now that the teams are picked and my wife has decided to stay home for the event, who is interested on Team Hackers in renting a villa? Also I think I would like to get there wednesday or thursday and get a round or two in. Hackers Unite, who's in?

I think its a great idea, but my wife is probably coming.

I'm hoping to get there Tuesday night, mid-day Wednesday at the latest, stay at Reunion, and play a practice round or two. Anyone up for that?

Kevin

I booked a flight for Mon the 15th, staying a week. May change return flight to tuesday - so i can celebrate our victory on monday in florida, rather than on a plane.
I will def try to get a practice round in weds/thurs.

OK then here goes. I am not a playa', but this is something that I think I'd like to attend as a spectator. How much interest is there among other THP'ers in making the trip to watch the competitors, pick a team and cheer them on, and maybe even play a round or two? I haven't had a vacation in about 8 years, and I can't think of a better way to "pop my vaca cherry" than this event! Plus it's far enough off that I can plan for it and save some dough.

thats awesome man! i look forward to seeing you there - JB has already mentioned he will have "surprises" and contests for the Spectators of the Morgan Cup - and you know when JB does something its go BIG OR GO HOME!

We need to get some pricing and figure out how it can be the most cost effective.

Btw, I love your sig dude!!!!

Let me know - if you need someone to call around and get prices on different size homes - or rooms - or whether or not we can stay off site and play --- or if you have someone already on that - again, let me know.

My girlfriend will probably fly down fri - (she works mon-fri day and cant take a whole week off - but can probably take Fri and Mon off -) In which case - depending on the size of the house/rooms - we can share a house if their are private rooms - or stay in the hotels ourself. I know the house we rented for my bro in laws bach party had a 10 room house that was fine for couples. Just so long as no one pulls a tiger; we wont have any problems! LMAO!!!

Let me know - if you need someone to call around and get prices on different size homes - or rooms - or whether or not we can stay off site and play --- or if you have someone already on that - again, let me know.

You must stay on property to use the golf course for any days outside of the Morgan Cup. What that means is that you can stay anywhere you want and participate in golf during the event, however if you want practice rounds, you must be staying on property as the course is not open to the public.

You must stay on property to use the golf course for any days outside of the Morgan Cup. What that means is that you can stay anywhere you want and participate in golf during the event, however if you want practice rounds, you must be staying on property as the course is not open to the public.
Any idea on a rate for practice rounds? Is there a reduced rate because of the Morgan Cup?

Any idea on a rate for practice rounds? Is there a reduced rate because of the Morgan Cup?

No, I dont, but there just might be. They are really excited about the event and will have details on that upcoming. However they did say people must be staying on property to enjoy practice rounds.

WOW, sounds like a lot of wives are coming. My wife really wanted to come but then theres the cost of flights from the great white north to Florida and she said even thought rationally she knows my mind and body will be totally into golf for the whole time we are there, she thought she would make me feel like I was neglecting her without meaning to. Hopefully those of us that are going to be there alone for the weekend can find something or a villa that will accomodate couples as well. Remember boys there's no "funny business" on game nights and game days.

I knew I would not be able to qualify, with my HC, or be able to come up with the funds in time to pay for the event. But I am really looking forward to a vacation this year. I mean I even get paid days off for the first time in 6 years. Missing this event would be a travesty, and I already have "permission" from the better half. It went something like... "There is a golf thing in Fla this... Have FUN!" I could even get my whole schpeel out. Man she's cool!!! I'm certain that this will be a solo trip for me, and I can't wait to get into the real planning stages of it.

WOW, sounds like a lot of wives are coming. My wife really wanted to come but then theres the cost of flights from the great white north to Florida and she said even thought rationally she knows my mind and body will be totally into golf for the whole time we are there, she thought she would make me feel like I was neglecting her without meaning to. Hopefully those of us that are going to be there alone for the weekend can find something or a villa that will accomodate couples as well. Remember boys there's no "funny business" on game nights and game days.

My wife is definitely coming as well. I actually asked her if she thought I'd be neglecting her by being so focused on golf when I was down there, and she told me not to worry about it. I'm sure we'll be able to work out a setup that will be good for the married couples as well as the guys coming by themselves.

You will have to wait and see on equipment.

While we're waiting, is going through a fitting something we should consider or should we wait to see what will be made available to us?

While we're waiting, is going through a fitting something we should consider or should we wait to see what will be made available to us?

The latter.

Awesome...sounds good! Thanks JB!

About to get some serious practice on. Channeling my inner Captain Biggsy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inserts in the white TM putters roll the ball nicely. I can definitely find a putter I'll be really comfortable with in their line up.

Kevin

The inserts in the white TM putters roll the ball nicely. I can definitely find a putter I'll be really comfortable with in their line up.

Kevin

As a fellow lefty which ones did you get to roll? The one I'm most interested in doesn't come in lefty so the only two options I see are the Corza and the Daytona.

As a fellow lefty which ones did you get to roll? The one I'm most interested in doesn't come in lefty so the only two options I see are the Corza and the Daytona.

That's the two. The only there in lefty. Are they the extent of the lefty offering. I looked at the Fontana in right handed. Would like to roll that if it's available.

Kevin

That's the two. The only there in lefty. Are they the extent of the lefty offering. I looked at the Fontana in right handed. Would like to roll that if it's available.

Kevin

For me it would be the Maranello but alas not an option.

anyone else spend the weekend at the range/course thinking about the Morgan Cup?

anyone else spend the weekend at the range/course thinking about the Morgan Cup?
Nope, I am taking it easy and dreaming of sim golf and cool breeze-less days in August. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: TC
Nope, I am taking it easy and dreaming of sim golf and cool breeze-less days in August. Nothing to worry about.

lol......too funny!

sounds like the captain is ready!

No luck there, the cool breeze you feel is team hackers boat racing you guys.

Maybe... Lol. Man I hit some nice Callaway gear. Here are my impressions:

Razr X Irons: Love the feel, remind me of the Diablo Forged. Crispy. Shafts werent my thing but as CB pointed out, we may get options.

Razr X Tour: Love the looks. Not nearly as forgiving. But I wont with a good fitting... I was hitting them towards the toe so its most like my swing but it was pretty consistant. I did hit a good amount of money shots and man, did they feel fantastic. Honestly, I jsut liked the smaller look and it felt easier on the takeaway.

Razr X Hybrid: I'll be honest. A bit worried prior to Sunday. My Mashie love is in full effect. These are different but man are they easy to hit. Didn't hit the tour model. Probably wont after hitting the non tour version.

Razr Hawk Driver: Man o man. I didn't feel like I hit the sweetspot every but it was pretty consistant. The RIP wouldnt be my first choice but it works. I was putting a ton of spin on this (4400 range) and the launch angle was around 13-15. I really think my swing was off.

Diablo Octane: The sound is cool. Definitely more ting. Lightweight. The PX 6.0 I was getting a lot of spin (+4000 range) but I believe the launch angle was close the 16 consistantly. I really had to be off because I wasn't used to these numbers.

Anyway, I spent the practice session hitting irons and then the majority of the time on putting. I'm really starting to dail in the shorter putts and reading greens. Can't wait to get my MC on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back