Golf Glove Thread

jlukes

Reaction score
Why no love for the glove? I've looked through a couple of pages and haven't found any recent discussions on gloves.

Very integral piece of equipment. What do you look for when you buy gloves?

Durability? Feel? Flexibility? Dry Grip? Wet Grip? Breathability? A cool little ball-marker thing on the wrist?

For me, it is all about breathability and wet grip. My palms get super sweaty, so I need a glove that is going to stay dry and let me hand stay dry. I have actually had some of my best luck using rain gloves, as they combat my sweaty palm.

Never have leaned towards one brand or another, but for the price, you really can't beat FootJoy Weathersoft.

What type of glove does everybody else use? Do you stick with the same brand, or do you just go with whatever is on sale?

We have a HUGE thread with reviews of a dozen gloves or so. Use advanced search and you should find it.

FWIW, I love the Bridgestone e-Glove.

+1, my favorite glove from last year. Very soft feeling and good durability

I like the TM Burner. But I am no afficianado.

TaylorMade TP glove is where it's at.

Tap before talk.

Been using a set of these since last June. Tough, tough glove.

ae2df552-19e4-9d15.jpg

Very impressed at the added touch they've brought to my putting game.

I use the Bionic gloves. Yes, I have them in pink :D and blue and white. I :love: the padding an it's in all the right places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best glove available is the Footjoy Spidr2. Maximum grip with water proof leather on the entire palm and fingers, fits well, and very breathable. And the best part is it's pretty cheap and very durable.

spidr_5F00_pressrelease.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

928704757_iHfRX-M-1.jpg

THP HQ has a few pairs for review :p

I use the Bionic gloves. Yes, I have them in pink :D and blue and white. I :love: the padding an it's in all the right places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea those bionic gloves are nice - i like the spiders too

I personally look for comfort and durability. The two gloves I use are the Nike TW glove, and the FJ StaSof. Both are made of soft leather, but both also last quite a while.

I'm picky with gloves. If they have a lot of stretch in them = no go. They just loose form much quicker than gloves that don't have stretch.

footjoy GTX weathersof is the only glove i wear great glove for wet weather and lasts about 6 months playing every sat and driving range once a week. also it has a very handy little magnet ball marker on the back for the hand

I am currently using the Spidr2 glove, but when we were at Golf Galaxy getting my fiance a new glove about a month back I picked up a FJ sciflex. I really like the sciflex glove. I usually use 1 glove per year.

Master Grip Elite. Very thin giving great feel, fair durability but very inexpensive.

In the Florida summer, I have six gloves, changing every hole. I mark each glove with dots (1-6) and use glove #1 on holes 1,7,13 etc.

Gotta give a shout-out to the Mizuno rain glove. Wore one on each hand today and they were GRIPPY!

I love the footjoy weather sof, but I just tried a srixon hybrid because it was the only glove they had that was righthanded small, and it is so durable. I'm not too picky about feel as I don't use a glove while chipping and putting, but this glove has good feel too.

I'm also a Bionic Glove fan. Have one that is solid black, and another in the standard white w/black accenting. Between baseball as a youngster (batting gloves) and golfing I'd never had a glove last more than a couple months before trying out the Bionics. And the padding is perfect, I can't imagine wearing any other glove now.

I am a huge fan of the Nike Dri-fit Tour glove. Its very similar to the Footjoy glove everyone loves, I just like the Nike one better.

Wilson Staff FG Tour this week. Maybe again next week if it stays so velvety soft, and it doesn't rain!

this is the glove that's currently in the bag being used now...really like the fit, feel, looks, and grip of this glove. definitely one to check out

I did a review on a bunch of gloves in my Addicted to Glove thread ....here it is:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...glove-testing-thread&highlight=addicted+glove

Best glove available is the Footjoy Spidr2. Maximum grip with water proof leather on the entire palm and fingers, fits well, and very breathable. And the best part is it's pretty cheap and very durable.

spidr_5F00_pressrelease.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

Back