TaylorMade 2011 Ghost & Classics 79 Series Lines

I thought it felt softer but maybe thats just me. Ive always thought the AGSI was one of the firmer inserts out there.

I posted in another thread a couple of weeks ago that I bought the 79 Maranello. I really love the black look and the single white aiming line on the flange part that "T's" into a white line that is parallel to the face of the putter on top of the head. I find the white lines to really stand out from the black putter head and the green grass to make it extremely easy to line up dead on. TaylorMade is marketing the ghost line as easier to line up due to the white head. I found this to be especially true for the white line on the black head of the 79 series Maranello. Also the Ghost Maranello, only has the lines running perpendicular to the face which is easy for me to leave slightly open at address without the line on the top of the head because I'm a hack. The black painted head also appears smaller than the Ghost Maranello. I have rolled both of them and the Ghost is also a very nice putter. I just liked the price point of the 79 Series better than the Ghost and the aiming aspect of the line. I was talking to a guy who is a friend of mine who works at the local golf store a week after I had bought the putter. He was saying he had been at the TaylorMade Kingdom and he was a big fan of the true roll system saying how their computers showed how much quicker this face gets the ball rolling forward when compared to other putters. For anybody who loves this style of heel shafted putter like I do (I have about a half dozen of different brands such as 2 of the different Odysseys, the Cleveland Classic, and {gasp} the Scotty Cameron Del Mar and I grew up playing an old 8802) they will love either of these new models from TaylorMade.

Yes and its shipping now! These new inserts are day and different from the old, and much better in my opinion. It feels firmer to me, but not yet hard either. Solid would be the word that comes to mind. I'd have to hit them side by side to give a better answer.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

What's the feel difference between the pure roll in the 79 and the ghost tour pure roll?

I love my TM-880 Maranello Ghost, putted great with it today and my new Iomic will be here tomorrow so ill slap that on and be ready to rock

Is the TM-880 available for public consumption? Please say yes because I gotta get one, ASAP!

I didn't notice a big difference in the feel of the two different inserts when I was comparing the two. I also had the Daytona Ghost last year and, to me, the new inserts feel much more solid, but feel is subjective.

Ya get out of this thread Callaway staffer.
I know but I can't help it, I see 2011 TaylorMade Ghost Putter and I know I'm going to get to see a pic of the Maranello. With 2 big trips (Outing & Morgan Cup) I really have no extra coin to be buying one of these so I need to just stop now! But damn they are so pretty!

the pure roll is firmer than the agsi, the AGSI+ was to soft. I played with it all last year and all though i liked it i couldnt get over how soft it was, pure roll is much better.

I agree. When I said I couldn't tell much difference between the two I meant between the pure roll faces on this year's models. Definitely different than last year's models.

the pure roll is firmer than the agsi, the AGSI+ was to soft. I played with it all last year and all though i liked it i couldnt get over how soft it was, pure roll is much better.

Well hell, I thought the Agsi felt firm to me. Maybe I should just stick with non insert putters. ha

The 79 series is a surlyn insert, feels a touch softer to me. I feel a serious putter shootout coming up with two great lines from TM. Aesthetically the black ox on the 79 suits me perfect .

What's the feel difference between the pure roll in the 79 and the ghost tour pure roll?

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

When is a Kia Ma Ghost coming to retail? Really lovin the new Ghost line alot, love how the weights look on the daytona. I am def coming around to the white putters, at first thought they were to "out there" but they really do help with alignment. Been searching for a new putter and may have found it. I wish I could just get all of them!!!

I think THP will have a review up of these in the coming weeks...

So whats the difference between the Maranello and the Fontana? It looks like the flat plate of the Fontana is extended a bit more then the Maranello but perhaps the pictures are decieving

I can't wait to try that new ghost line. I love the new looks of them compared to their original releases.

So whats the difference between the Maranello and the Fontana? It looks like the flat plate of the Fontana is extended a bit more then the Maranello but perhaps the pictures are decieving

Maranello is heel shafted

Fontana is a face-balanced 1/2 mallet with a double bend shaft

Was testing all the new Ghost Putters this morning and they don't just look amazing, they are freakin beasts on the greens.

A new Daytona Ghost TM-110 is now in my bag :alien2:

Sorry guys I have not really looked at the TM putters much before...but is this supposed to be similar technology to the Nike Method Core with the insert that helps create forward roll faster? I have recently tried one of those and liked it, but I have not tried a TM with the pure roll insert so I wondered if anyone can tell me how they compare.

Sorry guys I have not really looked at the TM putters much before...but is this supposed to be similar technology to the Nike Method Core with the insert that helps create forward roll faster? I have recently tried one of those and liked it, but I have not tried a TM with the pure roll insert so I wondered if anyone can tell me how they compare.

Similar to the Method Core. They are both nice feeling insert putters. For whatever reason, I don't really like the feel off of the Method Core. It feels a little dead to me. The Taylormade Tour Ghost putters feel a lot better than the Method Core to me. However, I don't think they're anything that is have to have special.

Thanks for the input BlueGold. I will definitely have to try these new Ghost putters. The ones I tried before had the ASGI insert and I just wasn't a big fan, but I'm not usually an insert fan other than one or two exceptions that I have posted about before...anyway, I may give one of these new Ghosts a try to see how they feel.

Thanks for the input BlueGold. I will definitely have to try these new Ghost putters. The ones I tried before had the ASGI insert and I just wasn't a big fan, but I'm not usually an insert fan other than one or two exceptions that I have posted about before...anyway, I may give one of these new Ghosts a try to see how they feel.

Give the Method Core try as well. Don't write them off without giving them a shot.

I hit the Daytona on Saturday and it has a very crisp feel with the PureRoll insert, not to hard, not to soft. It delivers just enough forward roll (the 4 degrees of loft does wonders for this putter) to get the ball moving and keep it moving. When I first saw pictures of it, I thought the 3 lines to line the ball made the putter look crowded and confusing. But after putting numerous balls with this club it made it easier for me to center the ball and line it up with the hole.

Will TM allow consumers to buy the weights for these putters?

I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the Kia Ma weights should fit.

I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the Kia Ma weights should fit.

I did read that.I've never heard of TM selling weights even for the Kia Mia putters.That's why I asked

Back