The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe... Lol. Man I hit some nice Callaway gear. Here are my impressions:

Razr X Irons: Love the feel, remind me of the Diablo Forged. Crispy. Shafts werent my thing but as CB pointed out, we may get options.

Razr X Tour: Love the looks. Not nearly as forgiving. But I wont with a good fitting... I was hitting them towards the toe so its most like my swing but it was pretty consistant. I did hit a good amount of money shots and man, did they feel fantastic. Honestly, I jsut liked the smaller look and it felt easier on the takeaway.

Razr X Hybrid: I'll be honest. A bit worried prior to Sunday. My Mashie love is in full effect. These are different but man are they easy to hit. Didn't hit the tour model. Probably wont after hitting the non tour version.

Razr Hawk Driver: Man o man. I didn't feel like I hit the sweetspot every but it was pretty consistant. The RIP wouldnt be my first choice but it works. I was putting a ton of spin on this (4400 range) and the launch angle was around 13-15. I really think my swing was off.

Diablo Octane: The sound is cool. Definitely more ting. Lightweight. The PX 6.0 I was getting a lot of spin (+4000 range) but I believe the launch angle was close the 16 consistantly. I really had to be off because I wasn't used to these numbers.

Anyway, I spent the practice session hitting irons and then the majority of the time on putting. I'm really starting to dail in the shorter putts and reading greens. Can't wait to get my MC on.

Good stuff man. I'm going to be spending a few hours at Golftown myself today, rolling some putters, hitting the R11 driver, F/Ws and hybrids, burner hybrids and some wedges. I don't think they have any of the TP irons yet so I'm out of luck there.

hmm, So OEM, coolbreeze, cg13, AHA, dirtydawg, and myself all played golf over the weekend. I like it boys. Ever notice that no one from Team Paradise seems to play golf? And if they do, they never hit up the "what did you shoot today" thread or they don't talk about it, and if they do play, it's on a sim that's broken and doesn't register side spin. I like that we play, and not just talk about it. Good job guys.

hmm, So OEM, coolbreeze, cg13, AHA, dirtydawg, and myself all played golf over the weekend. I like it boys. Ever notice that no one from Team Paradise seems to play golf? And if they do, they never hit up the "what did you shoot today" thread or they don't talk about it, and if they do play, it's on a sim that's broken and doesn't register side spin. I like that we play, and not just talk about it. Good job guys.
You should add lack of reading comprehension to the growing list of accolades on the Team Hackers' resume.

That will be a lot to keep you busy haha. Hopefully they get the TP Irons in soon. I actually saw some at my driving range yesterday. Makes me wonder if they're out at some courses for demo. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Good stuff man. I'm going to be spending a few hours at Golftown myself today, rolling some putters, hitting the R11 driver, F/Ws and hybrids, burner hybrids and some wedges. I don't think they have any of the TP irons yet so I'm out of luck there.

Lol. I wouldn't get too comfy big guy. I went to the course a lot last week (1 of those got a nice practice round in). My round wasnt great score wise, 46 but it was great in a lot of other areas.

You should add lack of reading comprehension to the growing list of accolades on the Team Hackers' resume.

Right. I forgot that you played, and I know my brother did, but let's see: ddec (nope) rbelbin (still snowed in) esox (still in winter) yoccos (more than likely) arydolphin (watched the ncaa tourny) puttin4bird (still lives in the middle of nowhere and was testing the MB's. I think i have it covered. Keep pointing out our lack of literary skills, but at least we're all golfing, you know, for a big golf event. Glad to know that your guys are better at reading (except for One-T, we all know he doesn't read)

Right. I forgot that you played, and I know my brother did, but let's see: ddec (nope) rbelbin (still snowed in) esox (still in winter) yoccos (more than likely) arydolphin (watched the ncaa tourny) puttin4bird (still lives in the middle of nowhere and was testing the MB's. I think i have it covered. Keep pointing out our lack of literary skills, but at least we're all golfing, you know, for a big golf event. Glad to know that your guys are better at reading (except for One-T, we all know he doesn't read)
I've given them all the option to join Biggy's Bootcamp, and they all joined like it was the Morgan Cup signup all over again. They've been busy with hardcore training while they are snowed in. I told them the raw egg was optional to the program and they all breathed a sigh of relief. The boys are killing it, so you guys better keep working on the games and dreaming of glory, because that's about as close as you'll get.

I've given them all the option to join Biggy's Bootcamp, and they all joined like it was the Morgan Cup signup all over again. They've been busy with hardcore training while they are snowed in. I told them the raw egg was optional to the program and they all breathed a sigh of relief. The boys are killing it, so you guys better keep working on the games and dreaming of glory, because that's about as close as you'll get.

Hopefully they are busy with the "biggsy" training. They'll all think they hit it a ton, they'll all be good at TW2011 on the Wii, and they'll all have a suspect short game. We may not even have to play Sunday singles at this rate.

Add me to the "still in winter" crowd, we're getting snow here later today and on Wednesday. I'm headed to the gym instead for most of this week.

Add me to the "still in winter" crowd, we're getting snow here later today and on Wednesday. I'm headed to the gym instead for most of this week.

Man, you poor NE fellas. I couldn't live up there and deal with that, no way.

That sucks man, I'm going to head to an outdoor range with grass in my t-shirt, and I live in freakin' Canada!

We need to get out there and play ASAP, especially since the Morgan Cup is this weekend. Oh wait....it's not. You go ahead and play everyday between now and then and we'll just stick to our plan and we'll see who comes out on top in August. You can go play golf all you want but if you're just routinely playing with a jacked up swing that's what you'll get. Us...we have bigger things in mind, we'll be ready in August- don't you worry.

My course supposedly opened Friday, but I can't believe it too playable. Then we got an inch of rain yesterday. Right now it's about 35*. My practice partner and I will be getting into it within the next couple weeks. Takes me a bit to shake the rust off this old body. Golfsmith says the new TM irons come in this Friday, though I suspect what they'll have in lefty will be limited.

Lots of time to get the game fine tuned before August, that's for sure. No sense of urgency for this old Cheeselander. I've been playing for too long to get frantic.

Kevin

We need to get out there and play ASAP, especially since the Morgan Cup is this weekend. Oh wait....it's not. You go ahead and play everyday between now and then and we'll just stick to our plan and we'll see who comes out on top in August. You can go play golf all you want but if you're just routinely playing with a jacked up swing that's what you'll get. Us...we have bigger things in mind, we'll be ready in August- don't you worry.

You're the one going to the Kingdom, getting all fine tuned. Still managed to hit low screaming hooks by my eyes. Don't be jealous of where I live, and don't be jealous b/c my season's starting out the way that it is. Lol @ jacked up swing coming from old "two gloves" himself.

I can't wait for this, hopefully I get at Biggsy one way or another, I wanna how it affects his game when he's hitting his second shot first every hole. Yep...sure did.

I can't wait for this, hopefully I get at Biggsy one way or another, I wanna how it affects his game when he's hitting his second shot first every hole. Yep...sure did.

woo hoo! I like it JRod, I like it a lot.

.... BOOM!

You're the one going to the Kingdom, getting all fine tuned. Still managed to hit low screaming hooks by my eyes. Don't be jealous of where I live, and don't be jealous b/c my season's starting out the way that it is. Lol @ jacked up swing coming from old "two gloves" himself.
Low screaming hooks....nope, how about high push slices? That's what I was hitting there. My swing was jacked while I was there, still kind of is but I know what I need to fix now so that helps.

Low screaming hooks....nope, how about high push slices? That's what I was hitting there. My swing was jacked while I was there, still kind of is but I know what I need to fix now so that helps.

Well from watching your video, it was pretty nasty stuff. You better get to work dude, that's all.

I demoed a lot of TaylorMade equipment today and came away with a lot of ideas about what I like and don`t like. I can say that after 18 holes today and 1 hour of short game practice the Penta golf ball is for real! I don`t think I have ever played a ball that has that much green side spin.

It'll be a distant memory by the time you'll see it again. Already is in fact.

woot woot! I hope so pal. If we're gonna slay the Bear Trap come May. I can't do it alone.

woot woot! I hope so pal. If we're gonna slay the Bear Trap come May. I can't do it alone.
We'll get it done right this time around.

I am glad I was able to get some video of the poor swings last weekend, gave me a great look at what I'm doing and what I need to do in order to fix it. I have been a frequent visitor to the driving range and am seeing progress so that is good. I need to get the game going but I know at this point I've got a lot of time. I did still manage an 84 with that piece of crap swing that day though.

I'd love it. I love playing from the short hitters perspective. Played and won numerous matches like that so I'm well prepared.

I demoed a lot of TaylorMade equipment today and came away with a lot of ideas about what I like and don`t like. I can say that after 18 holes today and 1 hour of short game practice the Penta golf ball is for real! I don`t think I have ever played a ball that has that much green side spin.

I've been playing the Penta for a year, and the performance within 100 yards is what I love most about it. I may be giving up a few yards off of the tee by using it, but I love what it does around the greens. I'm really happy I'll be able to keep playing it in the Morgan Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back