Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

I have played X-20's for the past 4 seasons and am considering buying new irons if they appear to be better than what I have.

Looking at the Razr's there does not appear to be much difference when looking at the club at address.

I have hit them numerous times but only indoors into a net. They do feel slightly different but I think this may be due to the shaft as well as the club design.

I use graphite shafts (regular flex). The graphite shafts in the Razr's feel slightly stiffer in the tip to me. When hitting a X20 and then a Razr I can feel the difference. I like the feel of the Razr shaft better and outdoors it might be more accurate. X20 shaft feels a bit whippy after hitting the Razr.

I have been hitting G15's as well. They feel nice too. Hit both graphite and steel in those. The graphite shaft does not feel too whippy to me. Lighter than Razr.

Won't decide until I get a chance to hit them all on a launch monitor and outdoors.

I should really stick to steel but went graphite due to some neck and shoulder problems (pinched nerves) and I wanted the softest feel as possible.

Sweet lokking clubs,

Which would be better for a "picker" The wide sole of the G15 or the narrower sole of the RazrX?. Both should launch the ball high given their low COG.

Which would be better for a "picker" The wide sole of the G15 or the narrower sole of the RazrX?. Both should launch the ball high given their low COG.

Im not sure there is a bad one here for you. Both offer a good size sole and while the G15 is slightly larger, both will suit a picker very well.

I have plans to compare the Razr X Tour and the Razr X Forged side by side this week. I like the looks of both, the big thing I'll be looking to find out is forgiveness with those Forged, in hand and at address they don't look like they'll be too bad. I'll most definitely come back to this thread and share my thoughts.

I know you guys are good ball strikers but I would recommend anyone who has the Cally contract to not disregard the regular Razr X's. I've hit these quite a few times and they are a very nice iron. Full of forgiveness and you can pull off any shot that you need to with them.

Good thoughts Chunky. I was looking harder at the tours but hitting them side by side I really liked the forgiveness of the Razr over the Razr tours. But the shafts in the tours felt much better and I actually got better distance on the tour when I hit a good shot. Lol I did have mishits but Im gonna be taking tons of time with each iron. I lost about 10 more yards on mishits with the tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you guys are good ball strikers but I would recommend anyone who has the Cally contract to not disregard the regular Razr X's. I've hit these quite a few times and they are a very nice iron. Full of forgiveness and you can pull off any shot that you need to with them.

I hit them and the tours the other day. I was really impressed with the Razr X. If I had to pick my Callaway bag right now, they would be in it.

Good thoughts Chunky. I was looking harder at the tours but hitting them side by side I really liked the forgiveness of the Razr over the Razr tours. But the shafts in the tours felt much better and I actually got better distance on the tour when I hit a good shot. Lol I did have mishits but Im gonna be taking tons of time with each iron. I lost about 10 more yards on mishits with the tours.

I had that same scenario too. I'm going to hit both many many more times before the morgan cup. I hit both sets on a simulator so I look forward to hitting them outside and seeing the flight difference.

Remember there's a good chance that as "tour players" we will not be limited to the stock shafts.

Good point bro. I cant wait to see the options we have.

Remember there's a good chance that as "tour players" we will not be limited to the stock shafts.

For those of you that have been out demo'ing these irons: what are your thoughts? I thought they felt/sounded better/different from past Callaway iron offerings. I was very impressed, although I have not hit the forged offering.

For those of you that have been out demo'ing these irons: what are your thoughts? I thought they felt/sounded better/different from past Callaway iron offerings. I was very impressed, although I have not hit the forged offering.

I did not hit the forged irons. I thought the RazrX and RazrX tour both felt great. I don't think I'll have any trouble picking a Callaway iron for the Morgan Cup.

TC! Man, I tell you, there was a time I almost bagged the X24 hots but the feel of the machspeed (crisp sound I refer to a lot) kept me where I was. Then the diablo forged came out and I love the sound/feel but wasn't sure the forgiveness was there.

Along comes the Razr X. I actually though overall (including mishits) I heard/felt that sweet sound more often with the Razr X over the X Tour. One thing I found the X Tour 6i longer than the Razr X 6i on pure shots. But unfortunately they weren't all pure shots. One thing on the sim is its hard to tell what a mishit will do. The mishits stayed straight on the Razr X Tour. The dispersion was actually tighter. I'm assuming alot is due to the shaft as well. My fav S300's were in the Tour :)

I've messed around with the forged offering. I think I'm one of the few that really liked them. They were not forgiving to me though. BUt off the mats I felt like I hit them pretty good haha. I get wordy at times but I have millions of thoughts running through my head even with the limited time.

I hit the RazrX and G15 7 irons into a launch monitor at Golftown today (both in graphite R shafts). 12 of each and then compared the averages. Almost identical results in terms of ball and club speed, launch angle, spin, yardage and dispersion. I was hitting both pretty solid and straight today and both felt fine. Neither were fitted for me but they would be very very close as when I get fitted I am not far from standard on anything.

Not much to choose between the two. Might say the Callaway was a little softer feeling but not by much. As I said in a previous posts they both feel a bit better than my X20's but not by a huge margin.

I had the opportunity to hit the RAZR X Tours tonight at the Range. The first 10 shots I hit pure and right at my target. The next 30 or so were kind of all over the place. I started pulling a few shots and then pushing some shots. I loved the first 10 shots. I told myself I was sold on these after the first 5. Then all those shots that didn't go so well made me think I got to do more research before buying.

2.0 and CBs are the ones I want to hit.

I saw the X and the Tours at Dick's this weekend and have to say that they are much nice in person than I expected. The cavity is actually pretty cool when you look at it up close.

Went to try hitting the rest of the CG 16's, but wound up hitting the RAZR's because they were already taped up and the shop was "busy".
I don't know if it was the ghost tape and/or the mat, but they felt pretty good.
The impact is not as "soft" as the CG 16's, but not as "clicky" as my '09 Burners if that makes sense . . .

There's a demo day coming up this week. Hopefully, I can make there to see what kind of ball flight I'm getting.

I keep looking at this tread over...and over...and over. I can't wait to have a set of these in my new Callaway bag!

I was surprised how small the head on the Tour looked in person. The face seemed tiny to me.

Went to try hitting the rest of the CG 16's, but wound up hitting the RAZR's because they were already taped up and the shop was "busy".
I don't know if it was the ghost tape and/or the mat, but they felt pretty good.
The impact is not as "soft" as the CG 16's, but not as "clicky" as my '09 Burners if that makes sense . . .

There's a demo day coming up this week. Hopefully, I can make there to see what kind of ball flight I'm getting.

Makes perfect sense to me. Previous Callaway offerings always had this "tink" sound at impact but the Razr's don't.

I keep looking at this tread over...and over...and over. I can't wait to have a set of these in my new Callaway bag!

I agree buddy, for me it comes down to the Razr X and the Razr X tour. I just need to hit both and make a decision.

I have a question. I'm looking at both the Tour and Non Tour X models. I lost more yardage on mishits with the tours but my misses seemed more controlled (straight, not hooking). But man did the non tours feel great. I'm just wondering when most people decide on the models what are you looking for? The TP CB thread had some great information on turf interaction. Could that impact misses (hooks, over the top, thin, fat etc) and make them more noticable if your irons gets stuck? I know it seems like a silly question but this is really racing through my mind. I noticed part of the Razr technology is turf interaction so it naturally just brought up more questions.

I'm also stoked to get lie angles tweeked. Is it easier with the tour models?

I have a question. I'm looking at both the Tour and Non Tour X models. I lost more yardage on mishits with the tours but my misses seemed more controlled (straight, not hooking). But man did the non tours feel great. I'm just wondering when most people decide on the models what are you looking for? The TP CB thread had some great information on turf interaction. Could that impact misses (hooks, over the top, thin, fat etc) and make them more noticable if your irons gets stuck? I know it seems like a silly question but this is really racing through my mind. I noticed part of the Razr technology is turf interaction so it naturally just brought up more questions.

Both are cast irons buddy, they'll both be difficult to alter after the fact. You're gonna be better off deciding on which set you think is best for you, then getting fit for them, and having those #'s for when the time comes to put your order in.

BTW, Callaway Pre-Owned has the X-22 and X-22 Tours on sale at 20% off with free one day shipping. They can also customize the clubs for a minimal cost (length/lie/wraps).

not sure what I will be looking for buddy. I will probably just go by feel. Which ever of the 2 sets feels the best is what I am gonna go with.

Back