The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents just came in the door from shopping and plopped down 15 golf gloves in my room. I literally go through them like crazy, usually by the 4th or 5th round with them the gloves are worn, torn, and just black.

how many rounds do you go through before you change gloves?

I buy the three packs of Callaway golf gloves that you can get at costco for $20 (I like the gloves a lot actually) and that last me for about 2 months. I wear one just for rounds of golf and the other 2 get worn out on the range.

I buy the three packs of Callaway golf gloves that you can get at costco for $20 (I like the gloves a lot actually) and that last me for about 2 months. I wear one just for rounds of golf and the other 2 get worn out on the range.

Lmao, thats exactly where my parents just came from, when I said 15 gloves I got 5 packs of those.

Not always mate. I'm enjoying my time here way more then when I lived in Victoria but I'm still drawn to the large cities. Once the missus starts pushing the kids things more, I imagine our location is going to change. Mostly it's just dumb for my current wants: Golfing, housing and getting the wife a new car.

Side note: When I mentioned those fees, those are the low level clubs. If you want in somewhere like Point Grey or Westwood, triple those numbers as a starting point.

Edit: Thums up to the Ru's. I quite like them.

I was just kidding man, Vancouver is just not my cup of tea. Victoria is the right size for me, and the only reason I end up in Vancouver is for work and I get the meeting done as soon as possible then get out of dodge. Its funny you mention the housing cause you are the highest housing market in Canada, but Victorias number 2, you don`t get that much for your money here either, but golf is much cheaper and I think overall we have better courses.

Lmao, thats exactly where my parents just came from, when I said 15 gloves I got 5 packs of those.

Thats funny man, I really like those gloves. You can`t get better for the price.

The Forester is pretty highly rated too. About 2 grand less but gets 1 or 2 less MPG. If you look at those, make sure you both get in the passenger seat. Jacqui didn't like it. Sat too low, and being short herself, she could barely see over the hood. Forester has more interior room if that means anything to you.

Thanks Smalls, we are looking at the Forester too but there seems to be less of them for sale around here right now. I just can`t bring myself to buy a new car, but don`t want anything older than 7 years.

I was just kidding man, Vancouver is just not my cup of tea. Victoria is the right size for me, and the only reason I end up in Vancouver is for work and I get the meeting done as soon as possible then get out of dodge. Its funny you mention the housing cause you are the highest housing market in Canada, but Victorias number 2, you don`t get that much for your money here either, but golf is much cheaper and I think overall we have better courses.

Oh, I know you have it just as bad too in the housing. My wifes family is there and she grew up in Oak Bay and has always wanted to go back but the cost is silly. Same thing with her next choice, Kelowna. I tried to sell her on Flordia and she just launched into this tirade against the Republician party in the US and that all their evils come from Flordia or Alaska. It was kinda cute actually heh.

Gloves:
I go through about 8 gloves a year Dent. I'm not sure what the gloves are from Costco but I really like the cheapo Warbird gloves that golf town sells in a two pack for $15

Thanks Smalls, we are looking at the Forester too but there seems to be less of them for sale around here right now. I just can`t bring myself to buy a new car, but don`t want anything older than 7 years.

I HAD to go new. Well, almost new, it had 7,000 miles on it. As much as I drive, if I bought a car with 100,000 miles on it, in three years it would be way over 200,000.

do canadians ever sleep? you guys ruled this thread last night!

do canadians ever sleep? you guys ruled this thread last night!

Yes it looks like they either run on a different time one (Northern Standard Time?) or the Canadian work week starts on Tuesdays.

Man our last post was at 9:20 pm, nothing better than pst.

all of this crazy weather is interferig with visor season....at this rate it won't start until May. March/April is always so wet and windy here in the NE.....better than snow I guess

all of this crazy weather is interferig with visor season....at this rate it won't start until May. March/April is always so wet and windy here in the NE.....better than snow I guess
No visor season makes Hanks a very grumpy THP'er!!

Dude I really feel for you. That groundhog is nothing but an over fed rat who's a lying sack of :poop:

Oh, I know you have it just as bad too in the housing. My wifes family is there and she grew up in Oak Bay and has always wanted to go back but the cost is silly. Same thing with her next choice, Kelowna. I tried to sell her on Flordia and she just launched into this tirade against the Republician party in the US and that all their evils come from Flordia or Alaska. It was kinda cute actually heh.

Gloves:
I go through about 8 gloves a year Dent. I'm not sure what the gloves are from Costco but I really like the cheapo Warbird gloves that golf town sells in a two pack for $15

Yep Tuna those are the exact gloves costco sells, except they come in a 3 pack for $20, they used to come with 2 gloves and a rain glove, but now it's just 3 normal gloves.

Sweeeet! I too shall be stocking up on them the next time I head to Costco

My computer just flipped for a second. Clicked on the index page and brought up a huge list of stuff on THP and I clicked on something and it said you dont not have permission to access this page. I thought I got the ban hammer. I was scuuuurrreddd.

I am THP addicted:

I just brought my laptop into the kitchen so I can browse while I eat, I'm standing in the kitchen eating my lunch while I type this.

Same here. I clicked on arcade and it said HACKED!
My computer just flipped for a second. Clicked on the index page and brought up a huge list of stuff on THP and I clicked on something and it said you dont not have permission to access this page. I thought I got the ban hammer. I was scuuuurrreddd.

i really need to clean my room hahah

I am THP addicted:

I just brought my laptop into the kitchen so I can browse while I eat, I'm standing in the kitchen eating my lunch while I type this.

haha. done that too.

im snacking/ watching ghost whisperer/ tweeting and thp'ing at the same time

On another note, do you ever have two things in your mouth and it makes a great food combination and a taste you have never tasted before? I had ranch dip, carrots, chicken and BBQ in my mouth at the same time and it tasted like heaven.

Goes the same with a Mcdonalds double cheese burger and fries in your mouth at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back