Quick Ferrule Fix?

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

Was just wondering how I can fix this? (see pics). Is the ferrule just coming loose or is the head shaft or head actually coming off?

I took a few quick pics so you can easily see what is going on and what is the right way to fix this without damage, as I am looking to sell this bad boy right away.

14nolf9.jpg

23uvcm.jpg

The head will be fine I've had it happen a few times, you'll need some epoxy glue and some solvent to clear up glue on the ferrule.
Put some expoy on the ferrule and put back in place,clean up any expoxy spilling out from the sides with solvent.
Leave for an hour or so and job done.

It it probably fine, but I actually had the head coming off about a month and a half ago, I took it in to have the ferrel moved and he had to remove the head and epoxy it again. He told me how lucky I was to have brought it in as I would have broken it pretty soon.

Is the ferrule moveable? If not, then the head may be coming off. Either one is fairly easy to fix.

As far as I know the ferrule is more a cosmetic application than anything else. It shouldn't have anything to do with the club head staying affixed to the shaft.

Dent...its because its a Cobra...hahah, jk

Is the ferrule moveable? If not, then the head may be coming off. Either one is fairly easy to fix.

If the epoxy somehow breaks loose then yes the ferrule can move around freely.

Dent...its because its a Cobra...hahah, jk

Lol could be One-T, ever since the R11 came into play I'm not too happy with these clubs.

I really don't want to have to drive all the way across town to get it fixed, if that is the case I will just wait until it breaks instead.

I'd like to fix it at home if possible.

Actually wow I just took a close look at it, that's not the Ferrule coming loose, that's the actual shaft coming out of the driver...

Actually wow I just took a close look at it, that's not the Ferrule coming loose, that's the actual shaft coming out of the driver...

Yeah thats kind of what I thought it looked like. Especially if the ferrule is still firmly in place.

That is what it looks like to me also.

Yep, if the ferrule isn't moving it's the head, bummer. If you have the epoxy it's not a hard fix, especially since the shaft is already coming out. I just hate messing with graphite shafts (pulling them). :(

So without paying to get it fixed is it a lost cause? I definitely don't have the tools to fix it myself.

Yep, if the ferrule isn't moving it's the head, bummer. If you have the epoxy it's not a hard fix, especially since the shaft is already coming out. I just hate messing with graphite shafts (pulling them). :(

It is not that hard at all. Although I have never pulled a graphite shaft. I did my irons this year and it was fairly easy. Like I said, I've never prepped a graphite shaft!

So without paying to get it fixed is it a lost cause? I definitely don't have the tools to fix it myself.

Yeah pretty much for now. But when you do decide to pay to get it fixed it should be fairly cheap.

Unless you have someone to fix it. It shouldn't cost too much to take in and repair but I don't know the prices around there...
If you're going to sell it anyway you can just advertise it as is might be less of a cost to you that way (it would sell for less but less than the repair?)

Yeah pretty much for now. But when you do decide to pay to get it fixed it should be fairly cheap.

I think I am just going to let it sit and get a new driver.

Unless you have someone to fix it. It shouldn't cost too much to take in and repair but I don't know the prices around there...
If you're going to sell it anyway you can just advertise it as is might be less of a cost to you that way (it would sell for less but less than the repair?)

Ya I will probably knock off the price and still sell it because it does have a bit of a defect. It actually is pretty cheap to fix, around $7 but I don't feel like driving 45 mins to get it done. I guess I can weigh my options but I am for sure selling it.

Instead of making a new thread thought id use dents.

I have a little ferrule problem also...

IMG_0811.jpg

I had to take a little piece of it off that was wrapped around it. Guessing it came from the under side of the ferrule. Can I just put some epoxy on the shaft then slide it back down and it be ok?

Instead of making a new thread thought id use dents.

I have a little ferrule problem also...

IMG_0811.jpg

I had to take a little piece of it off that was wrapped around it. Guessing it came from the under side of the ferrule. Can I just put some epoxy on the shaft then slide it back down and it be ok?

Im not positive but I would think so. Its purely a cosmetic thing so I would think just throwing some epoxy on there and glueing it back down would be acceptable.

Im not positive but I would think so. Its purely a cosmetic thing so I would think just throwing some epoxy on there and glueing it back down would be acceptable.

Thats what im thinking to. Made me nervous at first, was hoping it wasnt the hosel coming away from the ferrule but seeing the ferrule easily turn around the shaft gave me some relief that its just the ferrule.

Just an Update, I'll just post in here because I don't feel like making a thread right now, but if anyone wants to buy this driver I will sell it for like 30-40 bucks.

Just an Update, I'll just post in here because I don't feel like making a thread right now, but if anyone wants to buy this driver I will sell it for like 30-40 bucks.

Plus $150 shipping from Manitoba. Hahaha

It it probably fine, but I actually had the head coming off about a month and a half ago, I took it in to have the ferrel moved and he had to remove the head and epoxy it again. He told me how lucky I was to have brought it in as I would have broken it pretty soon.

i had this happen also and its a really easy fix... then again i do all my club work myself
is the shaft tip damaged in any way?

My Hogan 3 hybrid has the ferrule not flush with the head. Been this way for years now and doesn't seem to affect performance. But now I think I'll take it to GG and have it fixed (unless a new Mashie would be more economical).

Back